Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How Plusnet pay

Luzern
Hero
Fixes: 9

How Plusnet pay

The site I use for obtaining company details has a link to vacant employment posts. Plusnet's
No one has to agree with my opinion, but in the time I have left a miracle would be nice.
12 REPLIES 12
AndyH
Grafter

Re: How Plusnet pay

And your point is?
Den1
Rising Star
Fixes: 2

I think the Op is trying to say plusnet have some job vacancies ?
AndyH
Grafter

Not exactly sure how this is feedback, but they always have vacancies - http://careers.plus.net/opportunities/
Anonymous
Not applicable

Given the title of this thread, maybe the OP is highlighting the low pay levels offered by Plusnet... In some cases well below the Living Wage.
NedLudd
Grafter

Examples please!
Geoff,
York.
Strat
Community Veteran
Fixes: 565

But look at the benefits...including free phone and broadband.
Windows 10 Firefox 109.0 (64-bit)
To argue with someone who has renounced the use of reason is like administering medicine to the dead - Thomas Paine
Anonymous
Not applicable

@NedLudd
Living wage outside London is £7.85 an hour. This equates to an annual salary of £15,307.50 for a 37.5 hour week. (Using Living Wage Foundation's methodology, and performance related bonuses do not count.)
The (Fixed Term) Sales Advisors posts advertised here http://careers.plus.net/jobs/fixed-term-inbound-sales-advisors/ are paid £15,000 pa and the (Fixed Term) Customer Service Advisors advertised here http://careers.plus.net/jobs/fixed-term-customer-service-advisors/ are paid £7.15 per hour. The Sales and Retentions Advisor post advertised here http://careers.plus.net/jobs/sales-and-retentions-advisors/ also at £15,000 pa
@Strat - yes, true. But I suspect you have to have the free phone and BB with Plusnet, so that may be more of a 'disbenefit'...  Crazy
gleneagles
Aspiring Legend
Fixes: 17

These figures are similar to what many other companies pay and may not look bad until you deduct tax, NI, and all the rest which leaves you working for very little considering the hassle you must get doing these jobs no wonder turnover of staff is high not just in PN but other companies offering similar services.
We are born into history and history is born into us.
NedLudd
Grafter

Sorry matey, but I wouldn't call £300 less as 'well below the Living Wage' However else you view it, commission is part of the pay package and cannot be ignored. The better the performance - the better the pay packet!
Geoff,
York.
Anonymous
Not applicable

@NedLudd
No need to be sorry - unless of course you were apologising for calling me 'matey'...
I was expressing my opinion. Clearly you have different views, but I still feel that being paid 70p an hour less (£26.25 a week over a 37.5 hour week) than the Living Wage Foundation have calculated is necessary to cover basic living costs would count as 'well below' if that was my only source of income!
Luzern
Hero
Fixes: 9

Quote from: AndyH
And your point is?

Information in the context of the forthcoming price rises and the perceived lack of service quality, if you want everything set on a plate. Roll_eyes
Good/bad pay and conditions etc etc must come in to both staffing and so the service to users.
Anyhow make of the thread what you want; my preparation for medical investigation tomorrow weighs more heavily on me.
No one has to agree with my opinion, but in the time I have left a miracle would be nice.
davidj66
Aspiring Pro
Fixes: 4

Have a look at what our NHS pay similar sorts of posts !!!