cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How I feel about PN

Blim
Grafter

How I feel about PN

So after a year of problematic internet on a stable fiber line I find myself being messed around by PN staff after a  number heated discussions regarding peak time problems and other recurring problems. on going problems for most PN customers and not just me are slow browsing and webpage loading, intermittent bbci youtube... steaming, Lag in online games and so on. As a customer how do we know whats the problem and when we show some interest PN staff seem to get annoyed witch to me seems very suspicious behavior.

Today I find myself in a heated discussions about a charge that was and I quote "a mistake and will be discounted on your next bill" (this months bill). It would seem after this http://community.plus.net/forum/index.php/topic,119211.0.html Plusnet staff are being difficult and reluctant in removing a charge already removed then re-added after the above forum post.

I think the service is poor, customer service is fake because as soon as you show any interest or understanding, the manipulating  misleading behavior becomes apparent.
10 REPLIES 10
inhost
Grafter

Re: How I feel about PN

Quote from: Blim
So after a year of problematic internet on a stable fiber line I find myself being messed around by PN staff after a  number heated discussions regarding peak time problems and other recurring problems. on going problems for most PN customers and not just me are slow browsing and webpage loading, intermittent bbci youtube... steaming, Lag in online games and so on. As a customer how do we know whats the problem and when we show some interest PN staff seem to get annoyed witch to me seems very suspicious behavior.

I agree with this and feel pretty much the same.
Finguz
Grafter

What do you mean by " manipulating, misleading behaviour "?
I am suffering with lag in a game I play, but so are thousands of other players from many different ISP's and one of Plusnet's staff.
Online games are prone to this kind of thing and we have to learn to live with it. Of course, if you know of a better ISP where these problems don't occur.....
Just saying.
Blim
Grafter

Finguz:
Yes a local cable provider, a LLU dsl provider and one with no traffic management/connection shaping.
Nothing I've seen beats my old cable provider for gaming. That includes BT and PN but I haven't had the chance to use PN LLU and never will do.
Finguz
Grafter

You didn't clarify what you meant by " manipulating and misleading " behaviour.
Blim
Grafter

clarify?
what like having a problematic internet and problems with most applications to some degree for well over a year. Being lied to multiple times, fed nothing but complete BS. Made to believe they are trying to help us gamers when clearly they couldn't care less or dont even have a clue because they think games like bf3 are the balls. They ether have no idea and are jut noobs in the gaming world or they are just fake. I've never played any games with PN staff. I've never seem ONE of them play a real game, yet they seem to think they know what makes a good connection. That is the biggest joke ever.
I get lag in all my games, the sort of lag that stop your game being in sync with the other players. Its the result of too much rubberbanding being left out of sync and unable to prevent your death or landing a hit on a target (bad hit detection) . I'm meant to believe a ping test reflects game traffic. This is a lie, a ping test only reflects what it would be like without the traffic management as its the only packet the gets mostly untouched buy BT and PN.

misleading: made to believe that pro addon would help gaming (not true). Made to believe that PN are good for gamers.
manipulating: By acting stupid to avoid the subject at hand and preventing problems true nature from being relieved.
chrispurvey
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Fixes: 1

Hi Blim,
Sorry to see you feel that way.
Looking at the recent history of this I'd say we need to get a wireshark which I can get looked into.
Are you able to browse web pages without and lag/delays?
Blim
Grafter

Are you able to browse web pages without and lag/delays?

nope
I would love to just forget about this whole thing but its hard when for instance I have lost ppp connection over 20 times in the last 3-4 days yet my dsl line has not dropped out once just my session to PN.
I was on the phone Sunday and while on the phone to PN. I get the feeling the guy the other end was messing with my session but didn't know I was using skype. I was only asking about the chance of multiple external ip. After He lied to me and tried to make out there is no such thing, I had to explain to him how multiple external (public) ip is a real thing, In fact they offer it to business and used to offer it to adls customer a few years back in the form of multiple ppp sessions and each session would have its own public ip. My connection suddenly dropped.
So anyway, I'm trying to find a reason to stay with PN, clearly I cant share  my enthusiasm as it seems to uncover PN's true nature, I'm basically no long asking for help just the ability to do some things like use the same port on more than one device (multiple public ip or the ability to start more than one ppp session, witch should do the same thing if its not be the same thing).
Kelly
Hero
Fixes: 9

This makes me unhappy Sad
I think we try really hard to get these sorts of problems sorted.  Sometimes they are tough and are often we are missing one piece of vital information which joins the whole thing together
Quote from: Blim
Today I find myself in a heated discussions about a charge that was and I quote "a mistake and will be discounted on your next bill" (this months bill). It would seem after this http://community.plus.net/forum/index.php/topic,119211.0.html Plusnet staff are being difficult and reluctant in removing a charge already removed then re-added after the above forum post.

I didn't have chance to have a good look at this post.  I've just looked at those screen shots and notice that in screen shot 2 you are showing packet loss to your router on your INTERNAL network.
If you are getting that, it would well be the problem.   I can't think of anything on OUR side of your router which would cause the connection between the router and your PC to drop packets.
There is no conspiracy Blim, just tough problems Sad
Kelly Dorset
Ex-Broadband Service Manager
Kelly
Hero
Fixes: 9

Blim:  I'm going to get a DC guy to call you.  I was just looking at your tickets and saw something.
Kelly Dorset
Ex-Broadband Service Manager
chrispurvey
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Fixes: 1

I've dropped you a ticket on your account with the details for the engineer appointment.