cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

House moves

mikejbeech
Hooked

House moves

Just moved house. Broadband order messed up! Did i really expect anything else? 

Plusnet acts true to form. Lousy provisioning, lousy customer service. 

Take a look at trustpilot reviews, mostly bad,bad,bad.

Any suggestions as to an ISP which cares gratefully received. Note I do not live in a town.

2 REPLIES 2
Townman
Superuser
Superuser
Fixes: 160

Re: House moves

@mikejbeech wrote:

Take a look at trustpilot reviews, mostly bad,bad,bad.

If you look at TrustPilot reviews for all ISPs they are all the same.  You've not indicated what were your problems and to what extent they were created by the complexity of BTw / BTORs antiquated processes blighted upon all ISPs alike.  The SUs have an open question on the complexity of service moves between two properties (phone lines) which could involve the interactions of three parties..

1. The person moving into the PN customer's property
  2. The PN customer moving from their existing home to a new one
  3. The person moving out of the destination property

Depending on what happens when BTw / BTOR's "only one order permitted on a line at any one time" rule can cause complete chaos.  It is well known that if 3 places a cease order on the line, 2 cannot raise orders until that is completed (on exit day).  There have been cases where 1 placing a migration order inhibits 2 placing a migration order as 1's order prevents the cease order being placed on 2 for the start point of the migration.

Sometimes it is a rat's nest of issues and Ofcom is doing dammed all to change BT's behaviours.

However only Plusnet staff can comment on the causes of YOUR problems.

Superusers are not staff, but they do have a direct line of communication into the business in order to raise issues, concerns and feedback from the community.

mikejbeech
Hooked

Re: House moves

Ok.. They were going to move my ADSL to the new property but made therequest as 21CN which I am told was wrong by the agent yesterday. So had to be reordered as 20CN. Fine so far.

the agent today said it was a capacity issue so one of them is misleading me. Whatever the fault I am stuck with no broadband for the foreseeable future through no fault of mine.

I am driving 70 miles per dayto go into the office as cannot work at home. I doubt if I will be compensated for this. Being cynical they can afford to lose me, more mugs in the sea.

I am just very disappointed with the whole situation. And please do not bet me started on waiting half an hour to get through, invest in customer services. It is not rocket science.