Did you mean: 

House move not completed but ticket reports completed

Townman
Superuser
Superuser
Fixes: 158

House move not completed but ticket reports completed

One of my referrals has just done a house move - see ticket 84942136
Phone line has been installed and activated.  Though the ticket reports BB has been provided, it is still active on the old number and is indicated as such on the user portal.  User has not yet (due to various non service issues) attached a router.
Checking the account, it is evident that the occupants of the old property have been using the service via the old router which was accidentally left behind.  Consequently the user has a massive bill for excess bandwidth usage.
In the fist instance can DCT investigate what has happened to the home transfer process please.
Thanks,
Kevin

Superusers are not staff, but they do have a direct line of communication into the business in order to raise issues, concerns and feedback from the community.

9 REPLIES 9
Chris
Legend
Fixes: 169

Re: House move not completed but ticket reports completed

I'm taking a look now. From a quick look the order should have completed on the *new* number.
I'll get the account updated to the new details asap. The other areas I'll need some time to look into.
Former Plusnet Staff member. Posts after 31st Jan 2020 are not on behalf of Plusnet.
Chris
Legend
Fixes: 169

OK, the account should be on the right address and CLI now. The cease for the old number has been placed (should have gone through previously so I'll sort out any relevant refunds once I've figured them out).
Former Plusnet Staff member. Posts after 31st Jan 2020 are not on behalf of Plusnet.
Townman
Superuser
Superuser

Chris,
That is really kind of you.  Thank you for the prompt response.
Kevin

Superusers are not staff, but they do have a direct line of communication into the business in order to raise issues, concerns and feedback from the community.

Acassim
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)

Hi Kevin,
Looks like everything has now been processed and the refund for the late cease should be back in the customers bank account within the next 7-10 days.
Chris should be updating the support ticket shortly to reflect this!
jelv
Seasoned Hero
Fixes: 10

Shouldn't the first move have been to change the user's password and force a disconnection which would have stopped the new occupants using the broadband?
jelv (a.k.a Spoon Whittler)
   Why I have left Plusnet (warning: long post!)   
Broadband: Andrews & Arnold Home::1 (FTTC 80/20)
Line rental: Pulse 8 Home Line Rental (£14.40/month)
Mobile: iD mobile (£4/month)
Oldjim
Resting Legend
Fixes: 63

Actually it may not have done as the TR-069 would have reset the connection with the new password
Acassim
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)

Hi Jelv,
I think the issue was that we we're under the impression that the cease had been completed as it looks to have been processed by the book on face value of the house move tickets. It wasn't until this matter was raised that we then investigated and saw that the cease hadn't been processed and access to the service on the old line was still in play!
By the time we were aware of the problem the usage had already been racked up but thankfully we've been able to remedy this with a cease being pushed through.
jelv
Seasoned Hero
Fixes: 10

Quote from: Oldjim
Actually it may not have done as the TR-069 would have reset the connection with the new password

Removing the router serial number from the TR-069 database would have stopped that!
jelv (a.k.a Spoon Whittler)
   Why I have left Plusnet (warning: long post!)   
Broadband: Andrews & Arnold Home::1 (FTTC 80/20)
Line rental: Pulse 8 Home Line Rental (£14.40/month)
Mobile: iD mobile (£4/month)
Townman
Superuser
Superuser

Jelv,
Frankly, this is the perfect application of Sod's laws of probability...
1. If something can go wrong it will go wrong
2. If it is possible to mask failure by a cloak of invisibility, it will be so masked
2. When something goes wrong in the hands of those without knowledge, it will go wrong in the worse way possible and be expensive
In this case every thing seemed to go to plan - the new phone line worked, there was clear confirmation of the completion of the move, to the user and apparently to PN.  One can only guess that BTOR systems dropped (another) ball here.
To complicate matters, the referred user is not overly IT literate, did not take their old router with them - long story - and thus they had not attempted to use the internet at the new premises.  Hence there was a marked delay in discovering the issue.  When they turned to me for help, I discovered that though they thought they'd moved the service and had not used it, there was massive broadband usage showing on the line.  The PN account details showed the service as still being on the old CLI.
This one looks like it fell down a very narrow crack due to the convergence of a process failure and a user with little time / urgency / ability to check out the service at the new premises... until it became drop-dead urgent... at which point he got in his car and drove the 50+ miles to my place to sort things out.
PN have been very responsive, prompt and have done the right thing with good grace.  That is what I call great customer service.
DCT - Thank you.