minazelyas1973
Dabbler

Re: Horrific Trustpilot Reviews

dont go with plusnet whatever you do
shutter
Community Veteran
Fixes: 65

@minazelyas1973   No..... I`m not going anywhere.... but when I do,.... I shall take PlusNet with me...

. off on my  hols in September, so they will be with me again this year, as they have been for the past 10 years...

`Bye ! Wink

minazelyas1973
Dabbler

Good Luck! You need will need it.🤣see ya
MasterOfReality
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Fixes: 57

Hi @minazelyas1973 

Sorry to hear you have not had a positive initial experience with Plusnet. 

I can see that, subsequent from your post here, you contacted our support team via Live Chat and they offered a resolution to your complaint - please click here to view the ticket left noting this conversation. 

Please feel free to reply to that message if you wish to discuss the matter further. 

Please accept my apologies, and thank you for the patience and understanding you have shown whilst we have been working on this issue, and do not hesitate to get back in touch with us if you need ever need more assistance. 

Thanks 

Townman
Superuser
Superuser
Fixes: 159

@trigger1

https://community.plus.net/t5/My-Order/Phone-service-and-broadband-activated-at-different-times/m-p/...

Superusers are not staff, but they do have a direct line of communication into the business in order to raise issues, concerns and feedback from the community.

trigger1
Dabbler
Fixes: 1

@Townman many thanks for the update, good to see a success story - I hope mine goes as well as that.!

I'll post back with an update of my own experiences after my activation on the 7th to see if they match others (good and bad).

trigger1
Dabbler

Fix

Update to all:

First off: many thanks to everyone who posted here, it was a big help (even the negative stuff was helpful to me).

Here are my experiences, I'm writing them here so they may help others: My activation was to be fully completed before 12 pm tomorrow (11th Jul 18). It was done by 12 pm today, a day early.

Last night my broadband connection was on/off/dodgy but still usable - I figured there were changes happening on the backend. This morning the phone line / BB were dead - expected. I hooked my home office machines up to my mobile phone hotspot and used my (paltry) O2 data package as a temp substitute.

I received a few texts and emails along the way with very accurate updates on progress. The phone line was activated first and I was notified of BB coming soon. A couple of hours later a text came through letting me know my BB  was activated.

I have a BT HH6 and decided to keep using it as it's a good bit of kit, I dug about the settings page on MyPlusNet and put them into the settings in the home hub. Two minutes later my BB was up and running with the same speed as before, I realise this may change in the next 14 days as the line balances out but so far the experience has been a very very positive - I have yet to experience any billing so don't know yet if there will be any issues - I'm a very happy camper so far, I've saved a massive £38 a MONTH by changing from BT.

I see also that PN are doing a 'mates rates' deal for mobile, I took a look and see it'll save me another decent sum of £12 per month, as I have two phones on my account that'll be another £24 in total a £62 a month saving.!

All in all, I'm happy so far, I'll report back with an update on the billing process once I have it - keep your fingers crossed for me..!

shutter
Community Veteran
Fixes: 65

@trigger1  Nice to have some "positive" feedback, despite the title of this thread.

Welcome to the forums... drop by "General Chat" and meet some more "Happy Chappies" ! ! ..

trigger1
Dabbler

@shutter thanks for that, I'll be sure to make my feelings known on the Truspilot site too - looking forward to being a long term customer.

Gandalf
Community Gaffer
Community Gaffer
Fixes: 1,600

Glad to hear that @trigger1 and thanks for posting your experience.

Let us know if you ever have any queries or issues (Hopefully not the latter).

From 31st October 2022, I no longer have a regular presence here as I’ve moved on to a new role.
Anoush Mortazavi
Plusnet
Gandalf
Community Gaffer
Community Gaffer
Fixes: 1,600

@minazelyas1973 from what I can see your complaint is still open.

The fix here just refers to the original poster marking their own topic as fixed.

From 31st October 2022, I no longer have a regular presence here as I’ve moved on to a new role.
Anoush Mortazavi
Plusnet
trigger1
Dabbler

@minazelyas1973 this is not your thread, it's mine. I'm happy with my service so far, if you aren't maybe you'd be better opening your own thread?

MisterW
Superuser
Superuser
Fixes: 392

@trigger1 it's good to see someone taking the time to post positive feedbackSmiley 

Regarding the mobile offering

I see also that PN are doing a 'mates rates' deal for mobile, I took a look and see it'll save me another decent sum of £12 per month, as I have two phones on my account that'll be another £24 in total a £62 a month saving.!

It is a very competitive deal and in my experience works pretty well. There are a few things to be aware of though. PN are an MVNO provider using the EE Network, but they do not have access to the 800Mhz 4G band, only the 1800Mhz & 2600Mhz 4G bands,  so you should check the PN 4G coverage in your area. Also, Wifi calling and sending of SMS to short code numbers is not currently supported.

Personally , I've had no problems with any of these limitations and are happy with the service, but I'd rather you be aware of the limitations before you change , rather than be disappointed afterwards and have your positive experience of PlusNet tarnished.

Superusers are not staff, but they do have a direct line of communication into the business in order to raise issues, concerns and feedback from the community.

trigger1
Dabbler

@MisterW I'm the first person to really complain if there's something not right,  however, I always take the time to also balance that out with any positive experiences I've had. I've had an online business since 1997 so realise the importance of feedback, both good and bad.

I agree with your sentiment totally though - it's getting rare nowadays when individuals take the time to report the good stuff.

trigger1
Dabbler

@MisterW PS... thanks for the heads up on the network, I don't think I'll be affected by any of that but it's great to know.