cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Home Phone = No Phone

frustrated

Home Phone = No Phone

I have recently moved into the 21st century and decided to get broad band. I opted for Plus Net to be my provider and the broad band installation went well.  I must admit that once 'on line' it was interesting to read all the e-mails/messages from Plus Net that I would have received had I had a connection!!!
However Home Phone is another story.  Four days ago I received notification from Plus Net saying that  that the switch over from my previous supplier had occurred.  However instead of being 'switched over' - I have seemingly been 'switched off' and am no further forward in seeing the situation resolved. (i did however get an e-mail saying that I had a 'pro rate charge for £3.46 - which I am not sure what that means).
That same day I posted a 'ticket' explaining the situation.  Thinking it had not been received the second day I posted a further ticket.  On the third day I finally got a reply to both.  It ws obviously a standard reply as it was identical to both itckets.  It stated that I should try several things "Before we investigate this further".  All of those things had already been done - with the exception of ringing them - because no phone!!!!  The threat of an £85 call out fee did not help.
The repies were duly posted and that is where we currenlty are - sttill waiting for a response  and of course still without a telephone.
The problem definitely seels to be with the line and not our equipment.  The fault occurred at change over and is most infuriating.  People try ringing in only to hear a lady keep saying 'number not recognised'.  At this end the phones keep ringing and yet the call cannot be answered - all very annoying.  What more can I do - broad band for us is a uxury - telephone a necessity!!!  Help!!!!
19 REPLIES 19
Anotherone
Champion
Fixes: 21

Re: Home Phone = No Phone

Who did you have your phone service with before, 1) line rental and 2) Calls ?
frustrated

Previous phone supplier (line rental and calls) was with the Post Offfice. 
Anotherone
Champion

So this sounds like a BTw cock-up then. When did you reply to the tickets and have they been answered?
Oldjim
Resting Legend
Fixes: 63

Flagged up for a rep - hopefully will be picked up soon
frustrated

Thanks that this is flagged up and someone will deal. 
As for the question re reply to tickets.  I replied to the tickets straight away (yesterday) - as of now  both still showing awaiting response from the team.
Anotherone
Champion

Not good enough (ticket response from PN).
Chris
Legend
Fixes: 169

Hi there,
Sorry about the issues you've had and the delay in response. I've passed the ticket to the faults team as it was in the general CSC ticket pool previously. They'll get this picked up asap.
Former Plusnet Staff member. Posts after 31st Jan 2020 are not on behalf of Plusnet.
frustrated

Many thanks indeed.  I have been contacted now and it looks as though eveyone agrees that there is a problem at the exchange and that things are starting to move.
Thanks again
Anotherone
Champion

So it should be working by the end of the day then?
frustrated

No - unfortunately as this is an exchange fault , I am advised that  it probably can't be rectified until Monday morning when the engineers return to work.  However, I am very grateful that things are moving and I want to thank you for your intervention which started the ball rolling.  Without this forum it would have been very difficult to bring this to anyone's attention and the frustration at thie end would have increased. 
A grateful and  not quite so frustrated!!
Anotherone
Champion

Well I'm disgusted if no-one from PN hasn't been pestering BTw. You are without a phone. This was/should have been a simply matter of transfering from one BTw provisioned supply to another, a simple matter of a bit of key tapping at a remote keyboard which someone seems to have messed up.
As BTw engineers work 24/7 there is absolutely no reason why this cannot be done now. If there is a genuine fault at the exchange, if PN had got off their rear ends yesterday, an engineer could have gone to the exchange today.
Secondly, you do not have a working phone service so you are entitled to compensation and also free divert of incoming calls to a mobile.
What are PN doing about that, which should be in place already?
frustrated

Still without phone - but now have hope!  The others matters you raise have not been mentioned and are news to me.
dvorak
Fixes: 1,482

I'm unaware that you can have a free divert, I know that BT retail may do this for customers but as they are nothing to do with this sad situation I'm not sure whether a free divert is available.
Customer / Moderator
If it helped click the thumb
If it fixed it click 'This fixed my problem'
Anotherone
Champion

Well if it isn't, then maybe that's another reason for us to consider where we should have our phone service  Shocked