Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

High-speed Broadband

goldenfibre
Seasoned Pro
Fixes: 12

High-speed Broadband

Why can't Plusnet put extra information eg: time/date stamped with BT IP too via this site: https://portal.plus.net/my.html?action=data_transfer_speed as below:
Old:
Telephone number:
Phone exchange:
Estimated line speed:
   78Mb (Download speed could vary depending on line conditions. Estimates are the maximum speeds that your phone line can support. These speeds are dependent on the package you choose.) - Checked on 2014-08-18 03:46:30
Current line speed:
   77.4 Mb
New:
Telephone number:
Phone exchange:
Estimated line speed:
   78Mb (Download speed could vary depending on line conditions. Estimates are the maximum speeds that your phone line can support. These speeds are dependent on the package you choose.) - Checked on 2014-08-18 03:46:30
Current line speed:
   77.4 Mb Checked on 2014-08-27 06:51:27
BT IP Profile:
  77.44 Mb Checked on 2014-08-25 11:06:31
9 REPLIES 9
LinnPlusnet
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)

Re: High-speed Broadband

Hi goldenfibre,
I'll feed that back to the business to see if that's something that can be included, however, you can find this information out by running the BT speed tester here: http://speedtest.btwholesale.com/
After running the speed test go through Further Diagnostics and you should find the data there.
I know that you know this already but I'm simply writing it here in case anyone comes across this thread and didn't know this Smiley
goldenfibre
Seasoned Pro

Quote from: Linn
After running the speed test go through Further Diagnostics and you should find the data there.

I am sorry Linn K, this speed test with further diagnostics NEVER work for me for a weeks now. See here: http://community.plus.net/forum/index.php/topic,130265.0.html
ITWorks
Superuser
Superuser
Fixes: 9

Last time it worked for me was mid January!
Regards
Mike

Superusers are not staff, but they do have a direct line of communication into the business in order to raise issues, concerns and feedback from the community.

goldenfibre
Seasoned Pro

Yeah there is a massive problem with BTw speedtest cannot get IP Profile data from few isp's lately are BT, Plusnet, Zen and IDNet. Surprise no isp's haven't reported to BT Wholesale at the moment.
Townman
Superuser
Superuser
Fixes: 159

PlusNET has, it is one of the issues Chris Pettitt was fielding with BTOR at the inner sanctum meetings he used to attend.
...along with getting the FTTC DLMs fixed... wonder who has picked up those batons?

Superusers are not staff, but they do have a direct line of communication into the business in order to raise issues, concerns and feedback from the community.

Anotherone
Champion
Fixes: 21

I believe goldenfibre's suggestion has come up before, and been ignored. If adopted it would be clear at a glance if a delayed Delta Report had fouled things up.
goldenfibre
Seasoned Pro

This is why I want plusnet to add information extra on the high speed broadband via member account. Just in case if future BTw IP Profile data isn't working! And it taking too long to get it fixed. I report this to Adam C, but he say to me this one BTw PT is not a higher prority, he have to deal with other faults first and then will look into this. I give up really. It's seem plusnet will not bothered report to BTw. Worse case AndyH saying it been like this for 8 months!
Anotherone
Champion
Fixes: 21

It won't be Adam's responsibility at the end of the day, it will be someone behind the scenes so to speak and I believe issues like this are going to be looked at, but I'm not holding my breathe.
goldenfibre
Seasoned Pro

I am annoying when Linn K suggest me to use BT speedtest to get profile data but I shall forgive her if she didn't aware of BT Performance Test ongoing issues with no data is given out. I guess plusnet staffs haven't been told by this! U're right Anotherone - I 'm not holding my breathe as I think this case will be taking a long time, much longer now because Chris Pettitt are no longer doing this case. But, Adam C get hold of it.