cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

High Speed Broadband link disappeared from Connection Settings

simoncraddock
Grafter

Re: High Speed Broadband link disappeared from Connection Settings

Because they can cap users download speeds with nobody knowing now and just blame speedtests has inaccurate.
Strat
Community Veteran
Fixes: 565

They're simply clearing out all the technical info that most customers wouldn't be able to make sense of ready for......... Lips_are_sealed
Windows 10 Firefox 109.0 (64-bit)
To argue with someone who has renounced the use of reason is like administering medicine to the dead - Thomas Paine
KevinG
Rising Star
Fixes: 1

Oh come on, this is getting silly, that information was extremely useful and my first port of call whenever anything "odd" was happening.
rongtw
Seasoned Hero
Fixes: 12

Most proberbly the same reason why the new Fast  Huh PN router dont work on TBB and no UPDATES for new firmware
Asus ROG Hero Vii Z97 , Intel i5 4690k ,ROG Asus Strix 1070,
samsung 850evo 250gig , WD black 2 TB . Asus Phoebus sound ,
16 gig Avexir ram 2400 , water cooling Corsair H100i gtx ,
Corsair 750HXI Psu , Phanteks Enthoo pro case .
Estragon
Rising Star

Quote from: Chris
I don't think this icon will be reappearing. The information on there, ... shouldn't really need to be shown as the profile Current line speed should (and it does update the vast majority of the time now) keep up to date with the IP profile which is the more relevant number when looking in to connection problems.
I'm afraid that just isn't a valid argument Chris.
What about the times when it doesn't update? We still get one or two posters a month where we send them to check that and it is incorrect. I've even had an incorrect value there myself within the last three or four months.
Given that well over 95% of your customers will have no idea whatsoever what an IP Profile is, and of the remaining 5% many may not know how to find it with the current version of the BT Wholesale Performance Test, it could prove very useful to those of the IP Profile-ignorant intelligent enough to go through the Member Centre to see if they can find anything relevant.
Thinking simply of those who do know and understand these things, we can both help ourselves and others by guiding them to both the IP Profile and the Current line speed figures for comparison. This sometimes saves people needing to contact the increasingly unavailable Customer Help system, as depending on the circumstances we can advise waiting a few hours for it to update, disconnecting the PPP session for a short while, doing a re-sync to try to trigger an update, or needing to contact CS.
Perhaps it's Commercially sensitive information  ;).
SpendLessTime
Hero
Fixes: 86

Well there will be no point in myself and other non Plusnet staff  in helping people with speed issues in the future as we cannot point them to all the needed sources to see if we can spot where the error is.
I have helped several people in the past month only to find out that Plusnet had got the data line speed incorrect and they have been able to get the error fixed.

Might as well leave this forum and let the tumble weed blow through it.
  Sad
Ex - Plusnet Customer (2009 - 2023) now with BT
jelv
Seasoned Hero
Fixes: 10

Hi all,
I don't think this icon will be reappearing. The information on there, whilst useful for some people shouldn't really need to be shown as the profile should (and it does update the vast majority of the time now) keep up to date with the IP profile which is the more relevant number when looking in to connection problems.

By God, in recent weeks Plusnet has made some crap decisions, but this really takes the biscuit. Whoever thought this was a good idea is an absolute moron!
jelv (a.k.a Spoon Whittler)
   Why I have left Plusnet (warning: long post!)   
Broadband: Andrews & Arnold Home::1 (FTTC 80/20)
Line rental: Pulse 8 Home Line Rental (£14.40/month)
Mobile: iD mobile (£4/month)
Anonymous
Not applicable

Chris McCafferty, founder of Kaper, said: "Plusnet set us an exciting brief to ... build an even stronger relationship with its existing customer base.

Yep, that's going well then...
SpendLessTime
Hero
Fixes: 86

@Chris
Does this value get updated automatically for those using FTTP?
Ex - Plusnet Customer (2009 - 2023) now with BT
jab1
Legend
Fixes: 255

Quote from: jelv
Hi all,
I don't think this icon will be reappearing. The information on there, whilst useful for some people shouldn't really need to be shown as the profile should (and it does update the vast majority of the time now) keep up to date with the IP profile which is the more relevant number when looking in to connection problems.

By God, in recent weeks Plusnet has made some [Censored] decisions, but this really takes the biscuit. Whoever thought this was a good idea is an absolute moron!

jelv - almost every 'improvement' PN have made in the past 2 or 3 weeks has been the exact opposite, but the few CRT people who have dared to post on here obviously have been told 'toe the (ridiculous) company line, or be sacked'
I suspect there is some cataclysmic change to come.
John
Terranova667
Pro
Fixes: 5

@Chris come on, you know fine well that to see the plusnet profile is important to make sure it's inline with the BTW one, also  you know that it hardly adjusts on it's own many many times CRT are asked for it to be adjusted,
[Moderator's note by Adie (dvorak) removed offensive comment.
leader
Grafter

Getting a bit personal towards the staff ,  which is not  pleasant reading Embarrassed
Read between the lines....
Let me ask about this.

That tells you all you need to know.
avatastic
Grafter

Quote from: Strat
They're simply clearing out all the technical info that most customers wouldn't be able to make sense of ready for......... Lips_are_sealed

... A Fisher Price Activity Center Control Panel.
F9 member since 4 Sep 1999
F9 ADSL customer since 27 Aug 2004
DLM manages your line the same way DRM manages your rights.
Look at all the pretty graphs! (now with uptime logging!)
Terranova667
Pro
Fixes: 5

@Estragon fair enough i get your point, i do apologise to Chris I know he's in a tough spot.
hmm seems the post Estragon made has been deleted  Huh
Estragon
Rising Star

@Terranova667
No prob :).
It was removed because I quoted what was deleted from your post. Quite why the quote wasn't simply removed is beyond me, but there it is.