cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Hidden Costs

gwendoline

Hidden Costs

I suppose I only have myself to blame, but my feelings of getting a good deal were dealt a sickening blow when Plusnet suddenly coubled the price of my Broadband tarriff.  I say it was my fault because I guess I missed the bit where you only get it for £5.99 for 3 months.
How does that sit with the offer of Broadband and 'phone calls (including Line Rental) for just over £16.00?  My Broadband and Line rental alone costs nearly £23.00, and that's without any calls.
Yes, you could say I am slightly disillusioned, particularly after paying my last bill where I have been charged double for my calls than that of the figures contained in Plus Net's own Billing !!
9 REPLIES 9
MisterW
Superuser
Superuser
Fixes: 385

Re: Hidden Costs

I say it was my fault because I guess I missed the bit where you only get it for £5.99 for 3 months.

It stays at £5.99 if you are in a low cost area ( Market 3 exchange ). I guess you missed the small print on the information page  Sad
* - Plusnet Value broadband starts at £5.99 a month for the first 3 months. If you live in one of our low cost areas you'll then pay this price every month. If you live outside of one of these areas you'll then pay £11.99 a month thereafter.

Superusers are not staff, but they do have a direct line of communication into the business in order to raise issues, concerns and feedback from the community.

pierre_pierre
Grafter

Welcome to the Forum Gwendoline.
Re Billing, I also got double billed for phone last month, but did get it refunded fairly quickly after complaining
pjmarsh
Superuser
Superuser
Fixes: 20

A breakdown of the costs is also shown on the page just before you commit to signing up/changing product if I remember correctly.
eg:
Broadband Product X              £5.99 first 3 months
                                                    £11.99 after than
Phil

Superusers are not staff, but they do have a direct line of communication into the business in order to raise issues, concerns and feedback from the community.

pjmarsh
Superuser
Superuser
Fixes: 20

Just had a quick look and both the 3 month price and the long term price is shown when upgrading and signing up from scratch.  The 3 images attached show the upgrade screen, the Order Summary section (on the right of the screen) while you select what you want, and then the screen where you enter your payment details when signing up.
Phil

Chris
Legend
Fixes: 169

Hi Gwendoline,
As the others have said, the prices the service increases to are shown during signup.
I have been charged double for my calls than that of the figures contained in Plus Net's own Billing !!

I'll go and see if I can find out what's happened there.
Former Plusnet Staff member. Posts after 31st Jan 2020 are not on behalf of Plusnet.
Chris
Legend
Fixes: 169

I've put some comments on your account, if you look at the email you should have received hopefully I've explained what's happened and helped to resolve this.
Former Plusnet Staff member. Posts after 31st Jan 2020 are not on behalf of Plusnet.
colintivy
Rising Star

Don't forget the VAT increase next month, which PN have just emailed me about, who knows what it will go up to after the election!!!!
colintivy Sad
gwendoline

Thanks Chris, but no, I have received no E's yet (20.01 hrs 17.12.09)
All you other young fellas, wait until you are 84 and see if you are sharp enough never to miss anything!! 
gwendoline

Oh! Chris, I am still waiting for a reply to the messages I sent regarding this a few days ago.
I received an e-mail quoting the prices I had seen on my on line bill - that was not a lot of help.  What I asked for was an explanation of why you are not using your own figures!!
Best wishes