cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Helpdesk open for 2 weeks without resolution - simple account matter

ChrisN1
Dabbler

Helpdesk open for 2 weeks without resolution - simple account matter

Please could someone at PlusNet reply to my helpdesk job 71118725 as I need this resolving ASAP.
My replies to the helpdesk job are being ignored.
To cut the story short. I moved to another ISP and for some reason my account has been left active at PlusNet and i'm
still being billed! I moved isp about 7 weeks ago!
I would like the account fully closed and my over charging to be refunded to my payment card.
Thanks
6 REPLIES 6
RickK
Grafter

Re: Helpdesk open for 2 weeks without resolution - simple account matter

Hi Chris,
I know you don't want to spill all your contract information over the forum but when you switched ISP did you use a MAC code?
If you are still within your contract you will have to pay a cancellation fee which would be a certain % of your monthly fee I believe.
In some circumstances if your broadband/phone line are still being used through PN's services then they can still bill you for it as you would be using them.
Obviously if none of the above apply and you told them you were cancelling the contract/used the MAC code, then they should not be billing you.
Hope your issue gets resolved, if not I would probably recommend contacting PN over twitter. Nobody likes public facing complaints.
ChrisN1
Dabbler

Yeah I'm not on any contract and only had broadband.. no phone or any other service.
I transferred using my MAC as I have done without issue from other isps in the past.
Plusnet replied to the job originally an confirmed it was a mistake their end and it would be sorted. But 2 weeks later, still not been sorted!
RickK
Grafter

Call your back and have them cancel the Direct Debit, and I believe if you have evidence you could do a charge back but not sure if that is possible with debit cards. But if they have taken your money and not actioned it then I would go down that route.  Shocked
spraxyt
Resting Legend
Fixes: 75

I suggest waiting until Digital Care Team staff visit the forum tomorrow. I would expect them to pick this up and sort out the required action.
David
orbrey
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)

HI there,
Really sorry about this, I've just arranged the refunds for you and cancelled the account. I'll be feeding back on the agent who passed the ticket back to you without doing anything (!).
Thanks for your custom too, hope things are going well with the new ISP.
ChrisN1
Dabbler

Hi Matt,
Thanks very much for your help sorting this. Very much appreciated!
Support from plusnet has been outstanding through the years, just don't understand what happened there. Glad you're on the case!
Sad I left you as required BT Wifi and BT Sport, so regretfully switched to a "standard home" ISP.. no longer with the professional isp plusnet! Smiley
Have a good day,
Chris