cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Help Yourself

glenbrid

Help Yourself

I pay my bill by debit card and the main complaint that I have is you never tell me in advance how much my bill is, you literally help yourself to money in my bank account without any prior warning...most people ask before they take! This really helps when planning a budget (NOT!) and why does it always take half an hour or more to speak to someone...
10 REPLIES 10
Mark
Grafter

Re: Help Yourself

An email notification is raised before each billing event advising of the amount billed and the date of payment.
Are you collecting your Plusnet emails?
Check the member centre for the hard copy of the notifications via the ticket system.
They dont just help themselves.
w23
Pro
Fixes: 4

That's odd, I always get an email notification - last one recieved 4th November (my billing date):
Dear XXXXXXXX XXXXXXX,
Account username: XXXXXXXXXX
Company name: N/A
We'll soon be taking a payment of £XX,XX for your service. This will leave your account on or after 07/11/2012.
This email is sent for your information only, you don't need to do anything to complete the payment. 
Direct Debit Payment Details
----------------------------
Account name: XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXX
Direct Debit reference: PNETXXXXXXX
If your payment should fail, we'll resubmit a payment request 6-10 days after the failure has been confirmed to us.
To see a full history of your payments, or to update your payment details, use My Account:
https://portal.plus.net/my.html
If you've got any questions about billing, or your account in general, you can ask a question online 24/7 using Contact Us:
https://portal.plus.net/wizard/

Kind regards,
Plusnet Customer Support
http://portal.plus.net
Email ref: E0281

In  fact, my main complaint is that I always get TWO notification emails.
Call me 'w23'
At any given moment in the universe many things happen. Coincidence is a matter of how close these events are in space, time and relationship.
Opinions expressed in forum posts are those of the poster, others may have different views.
Mav
Fixes: 515

AFAIK you get one email to postmaster@yourusername.plus.com and another if you have an alternative email set up here.
I get two emails, also and they are to the addresses as above.

Forum Moderator and Customer
Courage is resistance to fear, mastery of fear, not absence of fear - Mark Twain
He who feared he would not succeed sat still

glenbrid

No Fellas,
Sorry to inform you but I don't...
Mark
Grafter

https://portal.plus.net/wizard/?p=search
Select questions in the last 30 days and look through your Service Notices. You'll see the hard copy there, the email address it was sent to and the date and time stamp.
M
Oldjim
Resting Legend
Fixes: 63

Quote from: glenbrid
No Fellas,
Sorry to inform you but I don't...
you do realise that your email - presumably valid - on gmail is shown in that picture
glenbrid

Yes,
I have followed your steps and on all of my emails from plus net it has never stated an amount for the last two years, when I phone customer services they have no idea how much i will be charged and just guess at best, also after the thirty or so mins left on hold the phone often gets cut off without speaking to someone.
Mark
Grafter

Looks like the Digi Care team will have to do a bit of digging in the morning. They'll pick this up tomorrow at some point.
It's certainly not the normal behaviour and I'd imagine an account change, product change or addition at some point in the past has borked the billing record.
Additionally, if your ringing support it's always worth checking out this page first to check if it's the best time to call Wink
http://www.plus.net/supportpages.html?a=212&helpheader=rhmcallstats

/edit typo
Pettitto
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Fixes: 5

Hi there,
I'm sorry to hear that you feel as though we don't give you any indication of the amount we are due to take each month. Our Customer Service Advisors wont be able to tell you the exact amount your bill will be until the invoice has been generated, The reason for this is that there may have been phone calls made which may not have been fully updated on our systems (Generally takes around 2 hours after the call has been made) to appear on your bill.
If your e-mail address is correct on our systems, you should receive a notification letting you know how much this months bill will be. I'd be more than happy to take a look into your account for you tomorrow morning for you to investigate this issue? I'm really sorry for any inconvenience this has caused you.
rongtw
Seasoned Hero
Fixes: 12

@ Chris , i pay my bill via my  debit card ,,  i only ever recive a Email telling me A payment is due ! it never says how much !! is due untill atfer i pay  Embarrassed
Ps  i have mentioned this before but got nowhere , even if i go on member center i cannot see how much my bill is untill i pay
Asus ROG Hero Vii Z97 , Intel i5 4690k ,ROG Asus Strix 1070,
samsung 850evo 250gig , WD black 2 TB . Asus Phoebus sound ,
16 gig Avexir ram 2400 , water cooling Corsair H100i gtx ,
Corsair 750HXI Psu , Phanteks Enthoo pro case .