Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Help Team responses to queries

JonoH
Hero
Fixes: 157

Re: Help Team responses to queries

Hi @rongtw As far as i'm aware we've (usually me) posted in each of the threads where this has been mentioned where it's been required, if i haven't its usually because it's a post about something else that's bee taken off topic by (like this one) or the people asking the question have already been directly quoted in the answers that we're able to provide at this time.

I am unable to change my answer if the a person asks the same questions in different thread.

@rongtw wrote:

even your link has NO mention of alternatives when PN turn off Chat , its just the generic legal requirement no help at all !

It includes a list of services that people may find useful to contact us, for example the hard of hearing my find Next Generation Text Relay useful at all times, but especially when Live Chat is unavailable 

basically just to say chat staff have been moved to Phone support , and not a lot of help .

That's all we can say, when the help that is requested is that we turn it Live Chat back on and at this moment we're not going to do that.

Any post actually asking for help will get it and If I've missed one please feel free to send me a link to it because we really do want to help.

Jono H
 Plusnet Community Manager
shutter
Community Veteran
Fixes: 65

Re: Help Team responses to queries

@JonoH

@JonoH wrote:

shutter wrote:

100% Lack of response from PlusNet staff.... despite several people complaining...

not even a proper explanation of WHY.. or HOW LONG, Live chat is going to be DISABLED.  or if it is ever going to be available agin.

Hi Shutter, I think this is a little unfair There have been plenty of responses, just not ones that you're happy with, because whilst I have told you chat will be re-enabled I am unable to confirm when this will happen.

Am I , and other disabled people EVER going to be able to use LIVE CHAT.. or is it going to be PERMANENTLY DISABLED so that hearing people can have priority in the phone service responses

Live Chat as previously stated will be made available again when we are able, if any disabled people are struggling to contact us I recommend you looking at our accessibility page

My Bold above...

@JonoH wrote......

Hi Shutter, I think this is a little unfair There have been plenty of responses, just not ones that you're happy with,

No, there have not been "plenty" of responses.... the questions have not been answered "specifically",.. only in a corporate /general manner.....   and don`t you think it is a little unfair that you should be so condescending in your attitued with the end of that .... "just not one`s that you`re happy with".... so that makes it alright, then, does it.... ?

So ,..you think it "a little unfair".....Cry

try and see it from a disabled persons point of view...

and perhaps you will thinki it MORE THAN a "LITTLE unfair"...

the way that Plusnet has treated us...

in fact I would go as far as saying it is downright disgusting.... f

You have, obviously, a great knowledge and skill on how to use computers, systems, and software, and it comes as second nature to you to adjust your working to whatever comes along....  Othewise you would not be doing the job you are doing....  

Perhaps you should pretend that you are deaf/hard of hearing, 

have little knowledge of computers, systems etc,

just enough to use the google search for something or other,

and perhaps had someone explain to you how to make a page on facebook...  then..

I recommend you looking at our accessibility page

looking at it, will be about as far as you get.

Those applications are practically useless and so inexorably slow to fathom out how to use, and in use are extremely slow, compared to Live Chat... which is a "natural" form of contact for disabled people. they appear to be there to put people off from using them... but to "adhere" to the disability law on equal access... Nice One....

Despite what you have said, and that is a typical "corporate" / Member of Parliament sidestepping the issue, but I have sort of, kind of answered your question so shut up, type of answer, You ( Plusnet ) have completely failed in your duty of care to the disabled customers, by not responding in an appropriate manner,  i.e. putting the information on the Live Chat access pages, and coming on to this thread when it was started with a proper and full explanation of

WHY Live chat was DISABLED..

How long it will be DISABLED for,

Am I being "a little unfair".... NO.... I am definitely not.  

I am on the other hand ,  VERY ANGRY that I am being treated as a second class customer, after being with PlusNet for almost 10 years. in the way that Plusnet has handled this from the start.

Also, bear in mind, that I am "One of Many".... and I am not just complaining for myself....

I am standing up for every one who has not been able to use Live Chat, in the normal way of communicating with PlusNet, but in particular for the deaf/hard of hearing customers, who also form part of the Plusnet customer base, and customer community...

Am I ashamed of anything I have posted on this subject... NO I am defintely not......