Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Help Team responses to queries

kevdwyer
Grafter

Help Team responses to queries

Hi Team!

I'm a happy Plusnet Internet subscriber and am in the process of switching to Plusnet Mobile!

I'm Porting my original Mobile Number to Plusnet, the original number was deactivated this morning!

I've been switching my phone on and off every hour or so waiting for my Plusnet SIM to be converted to my Ported Number, no joy so far but I'm a patient guy with a cheerful disposition!

Reading through the various community Forums I couldn't help but notice that in the Help Team replies to queries there is a tendency to finish sentences with an exclamation mark ! instead of a full stop.

Have the Help Team been issued with a batch of faulty keyboards? I suspect that it is a bit of Corporate b!ll!x that the Team have been made to implement and they live in constant fear of their old English Language teachers tracking them down and admonishing them 🙂

Once you become aware of this you cannot help but notice it!

Anyway, the Team are doing a great job, most people only come on the Forums to moan, my post is meant to be tongue in cheek.

Keep up the good work

A happy Plusnet Subscriber!

Moderator's note by Mike (Mav): Labels added after thread moved.

16 REPLIES 16
RebekaPreston
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Fixes: 31

Re: Help Team responses to queries

Hi kevdwyer!

Thanks for getting in touch and leaving such positive feedback, it's much appreciated!

The port-in process takes up to 1 working day when processed before 6pm on a weekday or up to 2 working days when processed after 6pm to complete; there will be some disruption on the network in the meantime, but this is part of the process.

You can use your existing SIM until the transfer is complete and you will know this as your current SIM will stop working. When this happens, pop in your Plusnet mobile SIM and you'll be good to go! 

You'll recieve confirmation that your port is due to complete soon and this will also prompt you to re-boot your handset for any changes to take effect. 

I'm glad to hear that you're happy with your services, and we do try to provide the best possible Customer Service available.

If you ever need anything at all, don't hesitate to get in touch with us and we'll help in any way we can! 

- Rebeka Smiley

chenks76
All Star
Fixes: 12

Can't say i've noticed!
shutter
Community Veteran
Fixes: 65

@RebekaPreston wrote:

I'm glad to hear that you're happy with your services, and we do try to provide the best possible Customer Service available.

If you ever need anything at all, don't hesitate to get in touch with us and we'll help in any way we can! 

Interesting, too, to note, that positive feedback, nearly always gets an instant " ain`t we good" type of response...

however, when negative feedback is given ( as in the Live Chat and Phone moan threads )..

there is a lack of response, and even less action to eradicate the source of complaint.

RebekaPreston
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)

rongtw
Seasoned Hero

@RebekaPreston  i know you mostly deal with Mobiles But have you read Shutter posts  ?

https://community.plus.net/t5/Plusnet-Feedback/Live-Chat-Needs-Fixing-Please/td-p/1468245

https://community.plus.net/t5/Plusnet-Feedback/Chat-Not-Working-for-Me/td-p/1470738

Last PN responce was Last week Ticked_off

Asus ROG Hero Vii Z97 , Intel i5 4690k ,ROG Asus Strix 1070,
samsung 850evo 250gig , WD black 2 TB . Asus Phoebus sound ,
16 gig Avexir ram 2400 , water cooling Corsair H100i gtx ,
Corsair 750HXI Psu , Phanteks Enthoo pro case .
shutter
Community Veteran

@RebekaPreston I`m sure you are a nice lady ... so I will respectfully ask you to read ALL the  threads about the Live Chat... being DISABLED... and maybe you will understand how it is from a disabled persons point of view...

100% NEGATIVE customer service in that area...

100% nothing being done about it.

100% Lack of response from PlusNet staff.... despite several people complaining...

not even a proper explanation of WHY.. or HOW LONG, Live chat is going to be DISABLED.  or if it is ever going to be available agin.

If PlusNet are going to DISABLE things. then they should, at least, put some kind of notice on the pages where these services are accessed to the effect.. 

e.g.  You get a notice stuck to a lampost in a street that is going to be closed, ( for whatever reason  .... resurfacing.. repainting markings etc )... as an "advance warning notice"... 

on Plusnet service you get

100% ignorance.. no advance warning... no explanation. and no effort to solve the problems...

almost 9 years and the phone service is still as dismal as the day I started my thread about it.... 

Am I , and other disabled people EVER going to be able to use LIVE CHAT.. or is it going to be PERMANENTLY DISABLED so that hearing people can have priority in the phone service responses

RebekaPreston
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)

Hi 

shutter
Community Veteran

@RebekaPreston Thank you for your very polite response to an angry old man. !

I am sure that there are many more senior staff that have been made aware of my posts, and have decided that the best way of dealing with shutter, is to ignore him... and hope he goes away.. unfortunately.... I won`t..

I am not here complaining for myself.... I am voicing my thoughts for ALL the deaf/hard of hearing DISABLED customers who cannot use a vital service... and it is shameful of senior management not to address this in a proper manner.

As intimated in my original post on THIS thread... if it is "good news"  for PlusNet.. they shout about how good they are.... but if its "bad news"... then customer service goes out of the window.

chenks76
All Star

@shutter wrote:

I am sure that there are many more senior staff that have been made aware of my posts, and have decided that the best way of dealing with shutter, is to ignore him... and hope he goes away.. unfortunately.... I won`t..

i often ignore angry old men Smiley

RebekaPreston
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)

You're welcome 

shutter
Community Veteran

@chenks76 wrote:

i often ignore angry old men Smiley

@chenks76   more likely to aggravate them... and in this case... you certainly did not ignore me ! ! ! ! ..

rongtw
Seasoned Hero

Mr @chenks76 likes to be a bit obtrusive , but he also makes a few good posts occasionally  Tongue

JonoH
Hero
Fixes: 157

shutter wrote:

100% Lack of response from PlusNet staff.... despite several people complaining...

not even a proper explanation of WHY.. or HOW LONG, Live chat is going to be DISABLED.  or if it is ever going to be available agin.

Hi Shutter, I think this is a little unfair There have been plenty of responses, just not ones that you're happy with, because whilst I have told you chat will be re-enabled I am unable to confirm when this will happen.

Am I , and other disabled people EVER going to be able to use LIVE CHAT.. or is it going to be PERMANENTLY DISABLED so that hearing people can have priority in the phone service responses

Live Chat as previously stated will be made available again when we are able, if any disabled people are struggling to contact us I recommend you looking at our accessibility page

Jono H
 Plusnet Community Manager
rongtw
Seasoned Hero

@JonoH  Sorry but i dont see plenty of responses from PN on this matter , i see one or two , or have they been posted elsewhere ?

There is No mention of Chat being disabled on any service page or any PN web page !

So disabled customers come here and post asking why its not working !  Not Just @shutter

even your link has NO mention of alternatives when PN turn off Chat , its just the generic legal requirement no help at all !

I have just had a quick look at PN staff replies to this matter , form about 7 pages of post across two threads 5 staff posts ,

basically just to say chat staff have been moved to Phone support , and not a lot of help .

You said " Live Chat as previously stated will be made available again when we are able,"   so there is a likelihood of PN never to be able to reinstate it

unfortunately PN has been totally inept with this problems