cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Help By Support Ticket

AndrewSmith
Dabbler

Help By Support Ticket

In the absence of being able to get support by email, customers who prefer to contact in writing so they have a record to which they can later refer can apparently submit a ticket. At least, that's what the support autoresponder email says:

We prefer electronic 'tickets' to emails, this means that you can always see what updates have been made and check back over previous tickets too.

Where? Why isn't the autoresponder email sent in HTML with a link to the location?

Searching 'submit a ticket site:plus.net', I only get community results suggesting you no longer have this method - except community.plus.net/t5/My-Account-Billing/How-do-I-raise-a-ticket/m-p/1593551#M35679, which gives the not-highly-memorable link plus.net/wizard/?p=search. So we all have to save that in our bookmarks, do we? Having a clickable link to Submit A Ticket would be much more helpful.

There is a drawback to this link, though. When I go there, it says

- but there's nowhere to ask a question...

Moderators Note: All caps title changed. 

32 REPLIES 32
AndrewSmith
Dabbler

HELP BY EMAIL

Dealing with issues by phone may be cheaper for Plusnet, but some customers prefer email, as they have a record to look back on. Your support autoresponder says

That's because emails can easily be lost, misdirected or even deleted and we think it's better if this doesn't happen.

This isn't a reason which anyone will believe, as all other companies manage ok. Better to say it's to keep costs down for the customer.

This email's better in HTML.

I only joined ~1mth ago, so to have the address Support@plus.net when it isn't on the website, I must have got it from the stuff sent in the post. As it apparently isn't used for incoming mail, it needs removing from what's sent out on signing up.

Further, when you send from that address, you need to point out that emails aren't received at that address - my 2 recent emails from it didn't mention that. Better still, send from no-reply@plus.net.

Don't know why I have to point out these elementary things.

I've submitted that I need additional support in this way, due to chronic disability. You could create a support email address specific to each user who needs it (e.g. [myusername]@plus.net), and have it automatically forwarded to a collective support email address which you don't give out.

I hope your response can be more helpful than the support pages. Thank you.

Mads
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Fixes: 79

Re: HELP BY EMAIL

Hey  @AndrewSmith

Thanks for reaching out to us here. 

I can see that additional support form has been raised onto the account, for getting in touch with us if you'd prefer not to use the telephone you can contact us over social media on our Facebook/Twitter pages, you can raise a query online via the ticket system or you can contact us here. 

Let us know if you need any assistance,

Thanks. 

AndrewSmith
Dabbler

I do need assistance, as I don't see how to submit a ticket anymore. These things need looking at before a customer has to contact you.

You didn't answer

• Better to say it's to keep costs down for the customer.
  • This email's better in HTML.
  • it needs removing from what's sent out on signing up.
  • send from no-reply@plus.net.

Please give complete answers. Thank you.

jab1
Legend
Fixes: 248

Re: HELP BY SUPPORT TICKET

@AndrewSmith 

Some of the Plusnet 'standard' auto-response emails are, shall we say, a little out of date.

The current support channels - which all provide records you can check back on if required, are Facebook, Twitter, these forums and support tickets which are now usually only raised by Plunet staff if the information is account specific, and therefore covered by y the GDPR rules, or where account specific information may need to be added at a later date.

To be frank and honest, if you have a problem, I suggest the forums are probably the best way to get help and advice - there are plenty of customers on here with a wealth of experience, and if they are unable to help you, they know how to approach PN staff who can.

John
jab1
Legend

What help do you need? - but see my answer to your other topic.

John
198kHz
Seasoned Hero
Fixes: 41

@AndrewSmith wrote:

In the absence of being able to get support by email, customers who prefer to contact in writing so they have a record to which they can later refer can apparently submit a ticket. At least, that's what the support autoresponder email says:

We prefer electronic 'tickets' to emails, this means that you can always see what updates have been made and check back over previous tickets too.

The statement by Plusnet is essentially truthful, though somewhat disingenuous, as they omit to mention that customers can't directly raise a ticket as they once could.

This is something that the older hands around here have complained about for many moons, all to no avail. It's been the same story more recently with the withdrawal of the Live Chat facility.

For some reason Plusnet seem to want to hack off their customers. It's a mystery.  🤔

Murphy was an optimist
Zen FTTC 40/10 + Digital Voice   FRITZ!Box 7530
BT technician (Retired)
AndrewSmith
Dabbler

HELP BY ONLINE CHAT

Please see attachment, using latest Firefox. I have 60 plus.net cookies stored, and I have plus.net listed as always allowed to use cookies & site data. Tapping 'enable functional cookies' on this page - plus.net/home-broadband/contact/residential/customer-services, just takes me here.

My browser isn't blocking online chat. I only have 2 browser extensions - Adblock Plus & Ghostery, and both are greyed out because I've set them to trust plus.net.

Using latest Chrome instead, it doesn't have 'enable functional cookies' or 'Your browser's blocking online chat' - but 'Start chat' is greyed out.

I'm amazed you don't know about all these problems, and haven't corrected them. Could you, please?

AndrewSmith
Dabbler

If I really need to repeat everything: I assumed Plusnet would welcome feedback that

"This isn't a reason which anyone will believe, as all other companies manage ok."

the support autoresponder email would be better in HTML.

having an unattended inbox, your email address "needs removing from what's sent out on signing up."

rather than sending from an email address to which customers can't reply, it would be better to "send from no-reply@plus.net."

Especially as it would save them future work.

Thank you.

AndrewSmith
Dabbler

What do they say when asked direct via Facebook?

Thank you.

Moderators Note: Full quote of previous post removed

jab1
Legend

That totally fails to answer my question, so I repeat- What help do you need?

John
198kHz
Seasoned Hero
Fixes: 41

@AndrewSmith I've never used FB, and don't intend to start now. 😎

Murphy was an optimist
Zen FTTC 40/10 + Digital Voice   FRITZ!Box 7530
BT technician (Retired)
AndrewSmith
Dabbler

@jab1 wrote:

That totally fails to answer my question, so I repeat- What help do you need?

None.

It was feedback to Plusnet via @Mads.

AndrewSmith
Dabbler

@198kHz wrote:

@AndrewSmith I've never used FB, and don't intend to start now. 😎

Anyone else tried?

Thanks.

jab1
Legend

Ah, so you're just here to pick arguments then, as you clearly stated in the post I answered 'I do need assistance'.

John