fibre extra and phone line.
I hope my order to switch from BT infinity 2 goes through smoothly
as I have read some horror stories of this type of order going into
a plusnet processing black hole.
I will keep a check on progress and look forward to having my
Plusnet fibre active soon.
I hope this will be the start of a better service than the one received
to date from the other supplier.
At the moment I am  Smiley  and I am optomistic for it to stay that way.
16 REPLIES 16
Strat
Community Veteran
Fixes: 565

Re: Heading over to Plusnet from BT

Welcome to the forum Blackpearl Smiley
Hope everything goes well for you.
Windows 10 Firefox 109.0 (64-bit)
To argue with someone who has renounced the use of reason is like administering medicine to the dead - Thomas Paine
sjptd
Grafter

I've just completed a move BT Infinity -> Plusnet, very happy so far.
There were a couple of potential blocks that it is worth checking.

• I gave my MAC online after the order ~ I wanted to get the order in before the Mac arrived because of cashback deal expiry.  I then checked with Plusnet telephone service a couple of days after that to make sure things were progressing, and indeed the system hadn't automatically noticed the Mac and moved on to the next step of the process.

• The day of the changeover BT did disconnect their equipment, but the Plusnet connection/activation that should have been automatic almost immediately did not happen.

In both cases the issue was dealt with very quickly and efficiently by the service people.  However neither of the calls should have been necessary.  I don't know how long it would have been before the Plusnet system resolved them automatically if I hadn't called.  The system is clearly far from 100%; also the feedback about your status is not good, very few emails and no way of verifying online.
Good luck with your move.
BlackPearl
Grafter

Thanks for the heads up sjptd , I supplied the MAC as part of the sign-up so
I hope that will avoid your initial issue.
I was hoping that e-mails etc would update often and swiftly but I may need to
call if things appear to get 'stuck'.
I will post here of any issues that arrise as well as any praise that is due.
MattyC
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Fixes: 46

Welcome, BlackPearl Smiley
Your account switchover is looking very smooth at the moment. We're all set in for 07/10/2014.
Feel free to let me know if there are any problems.
Matty
ex-Plusnet staffer. Any posts after 28/07/2017 aren't on behalf of Plusnet
Nickb1969
Dabbler

I hope it all goes well with the switch over and you don't have all the problems that I am having.
BlackPearl
Grafter

Yes things are progressing well at the moment, date set for switch and router order
processing for dispatch.
I have been most impressed with the SMS and e-mail updates and at present
just looking forward to a fibre service as good as the support I have received so far.
Well done Plusnet to date and I am still a  Smiley customer.
I do like to post on good things were possible (as well as bad if needed) in order that
a balance can be kept on the forum - its all to easy to just post when things go wrong !
louialive
Grafter

Be aware that your transfer will be a 2 stage event, the line will transfer first and then about 6 days later the broadband. One potential problem is that BT cease your line rental and broadband on the same day before the transfer date.
Also the transfer of broadband on the supposed date of transfer could happen at any time during the day
BlackPearl
Grafter

The information I have is that the BROADBAND will transfer first (in my case on 7/10/2014)
with the line remaining in BT's control and once the broadband transfer is complete the
home phone line will be actioned around 2 weeks later.
In fact I don't even have a date for the phone line transfer in the control panel yet.
Where did you get the information it would be the other way round ? or have I mis-read something.
MattyC
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)

Quote from: BlackPearl
The information I have is that the BROADBAND will transfer first (in my case on 7/10/2014)

Just to clarify, this is correct. In rare extenuating circumstances it may be the other way round.
I have also replied to your ticket regarding your phone transfer here: 92373009
Matty
BlackPearl
Grafter

Thanks for clearing that up MattyC , I thought for a second I had got the wrong end of the stick so to say.
Thanks for the ticket response also much appreciated.
I will now wait with patience (hopefully) until next Tuesday and the fibre switch over event.
Nickb1969
Dabbler

All I can say is that you will not know until the day what will happen. I have been given lots of different information by Plusnet and none of it seems true. I was told the phone then 7 days later the BB. Then I discovered that the phone was being put off and doing a phone and BB together. We were without phone for a few days, but as yet still no BB nearly a week later.
tijara33
Pro
Fixes: 6

yet still no BB nearly a week later.

Don't be put off BlackPearl. The vast majority of transfers to PN are, like mine, completely seamless & stress free. Sadly, as in all things in life, on very RARE occasions, hiccups do occur. I'm sure that you'll be as happy with PN fibre as am I. Smiley
Razorback
Grafter

I would echo that. My fibre transfer from BT to Plusnet went perfectly. The telephone transfer 2 weeks later (due to OFCOM rules) also went smoothly. Can’t fault the service one bit. Was with Plusnet for 10 or so years before moving to BT (mistake!) and although they are not perfect (who is?) provide a good service at a reasonable price. Smiley
MattyC
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)

@Nickb1969 - I have addressed your account here: http://community.plus.net/forum/index.php/topic,132412.0.html