cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Have a made a bad choice ?

portcafe

Have a made a bad choice ?

Sure wish i had read this forum before signing up  Embarrassed
I was told 'five days' by the online support when signing up for broadband, then texts to say that my connection would be complete by the 18th, then today I get texts to say it's the 24th.
Judging by some of the stuff on this forum, poor service is not an uncommon thing with PN.
have I chosen the wrong ISP ?
10 REPLIES 10
Anotherone
Champion
Fixes: 21

Re: Have a made a bad choice ?

Hi portcafe,
Welcome to the forum and welcome to PN.
I doubt you've chosen the wrong ISP, PN are quite good really (hopes I won't be eating my words in due course Roll_eyes )
OK, things go wrong from time to time,  most things get sorted without major issues and you will find plenty of customers like me as well as members of the PN Comms team and some other staff who pop in to help resolve problems.
Are you moving from another ISP or will this be a new BB connection?
Tell us what's held up your order - if we hear about a delay, it's usually down to a previous ISP causing problems, sometime a hold up getting the direct debit set up.
Are you having just Broadband or having Home Phone as well?
You will no doubt, see a few moans about on the forum - but that's the nature of a forum, most users don't come hear unless something goes wrong,.but don't worry there are plenty of happy (usually, but sometimes grumpy) customers like me around Smiley
Mark
Grafter

Hi Portcafe.
Welcome to Plusnet and the forums.
I've reviewed your account and can see we've somehoe generated a bit of confusion. I've flagged this to one of the support team managers who will do some digging to find out what has gone wrong. Expect to hear from them soon.
Apologies for the shakey start.
Mark
VileReynard
Hero
Fixes: 20

Quote from: Mark
Apologies for the shakey start.

That should be
Apologies for the shaky start.
Grin Grin Grin

"In The Beginning Was The Word, And The Word Was Aardvark."

portcafe

Hi Mark,
I've been given several different dates for activation so far (with a GUARANTEE from one of your call centre staff that it would be before midnight on the 17th). I was also told this morning that it WAS activated when it clearly wasnt.
I've now been given the 24th which is basically not what i signed up for. Your live help told me it would be 5 business days from signup, prior to hitting the button and giving you my credit card details..
I tried to cancel today (I don't pay money to companies to break promises) and ended up in an endless queue then get cut off, twice.
I've probably spent the equvalent of a months subscription phoning you guys to see what on earth is happening, and am pretty unhappy now.
I was promised an explanation this morning by a return phone call, and guess what ? Yeah, thats right, I didn't get it. Had to phone back AGAIN myself to be told I won't be activated until the 24th and it's everyone elses fault but plusnet.
Not a very good start for a new customer, is it ? Please explain why I should carry on banging my head against a wall when PlusNet CLEARLY don't take customers seriously.
Mark
Grafter

Hi there.
I can absolutely promise you that we take our customers very seriously. I fully appreciate that this has not been a good start for you. I have asked one of our managers to investigate this issue and she will ring you this evening.
I'm not sure what has caused the issue here but it seems very odd and unusual however the support manager will get to the bottom of it for you.
Mark
portcafe

Mark,
Thanks for your input. Someone has contacted me and is keeping me 'in the picture' as it were.
Cheers,
PortCafe
beefqueen
Grafter

Hi,
Did you get things sorted out?  I'm another new customer who's had nothing but appalling service from Plusnet and now their support team seems to have disappeared. 
Any tips on how to get anything approaching a half-decent service from them?
Chris
Legend
Fixes: 169

Hi beefqueen,
I've replied to your forum thread and PM. Let me know over on the other thread if you've got any queries.
Former Plusnet Staff member. Posts after 31st Jan 2020 are not on behalf of Plusnet.
portcafe

Hi Folks,
After having a rant, I feel it's only fair to come back on and say that everything is now hunky dory.
I would suggest, however, that getting 'proper' support seems to require a rant first.
Now that the line is activated, everything is as it should be.
Regards,
Ally @ The Port Cafe.
Mand
Grafter

Glad to hear that everything is sorted now. Smiley