cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

This is poop, and I've had enough now

ClaretMatt
Grafter

This is poop, and I've had enough now

Evening speeds are showing little signs of improvement.  Ping times are awful.  I've had a two tickets in the system for four days now unanswered. It's becoming increasingly obvious PN don't have a clue what the problem is or what to do to fix it.  I'd like to arrange to have my contract terminated since the service is significantly not as described by the Plusnet Pro sales pages.  I know there's no "contract" as such any more but I don't want to reward PN any further for a distinctly lacklustre all round service.  I will return the "free" router supplied to me of course.
20 REPLIES 20
neil3045
Grafter

Re: This is poop, and I've had enough now

This is getting even more scary seeing as I handed my Mac code to PN today to switch  Undecided Thought I was coming over to a better ISP?!
MauriceC
Resting Legend
Fixes: 17

I believe you have made a sound choice in selecting Plusnet as an ISP.   Just read a few more of the threads where new users are quite happy with their switch.
Yes, there has been an unfortunate set of performance related issues over the past few weeks but these should now be behind us and things are steadily getting better.
At least Plusnet are 'upfront' with what is going on and keep Users up to date with regular Service Status messages  and more recently a fuller description of the problems (and solutions!) here
Keep the faith.  It is getting better and back to the standards that Plusnet strive to maintain.
Maurice
adie:quote

Superusers are not staff, but they do have a direct line of communication into the business in order to raise issues, concerns and feedback from the community.

neil3045
Grafter

Thanks for that Maurice and I must say I am impressed with the tight nit forum PN have going here. Virgin media have one admin trying to lie his way out of the endless complaints of ridiculous latency issues. I spent two weeks pushing myself to take the gamble and here goes! Hopefully Ill be set up within 5 - 7 days and see what they can offer my Modern Warfare experience! haha.
Strat
Community Veteran
Fixes: 565

Quote from: neil3045
I am impressed with the tight nit forum PN have going here

PN host the forum on their servers but it is moderated by 'ordinary' customers Smiley
Windows 10 Firefox 109.0 (64-bit)
To argue with someone who has renounced the use of reason is like administering medicine to the dead - Thomas Paine
orbrey
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)

Re:This is poop, and I"ve had enough now

Hi all,
@ClaretMatt
Hi, I've asked one of our agents to take a look at your ticket for you. I'm sorry for the slow response there.
@everyone else,
Thanks for that guys, it's good to know the overall impression is that things are getting better. As we've said elsewhere we're not stopping the work and won't until everything is running properly. Further updates to the status thread are planned.
ClaretMatt
Grafter

Thank you Orbrey
I'm still none he wiser though.  I think it's a little off that we were promised an update to the slowness yesterday at 18:00 and it wasn't forthcoming.  Nothing takes two weeks and I think the performance of Plusnet is further deteriorating if anything
ClaretMatt
Grafter

Angry
Why the hell has interleaving been re-applied to my line?  I explicitly told the CSC guy not to do that
AllenC

Ive been having ping troubles for over a month Claret. It was so bad, gaming was impossible during peak times (4-10pm) with pings climbing and dropping from 0 to 7000 in a constant wave pattern at its worse but more usually stable at 6 or 700 . However, Ive done my usual check tonight and things seem to be back to normal, to soon to say but it looks very promising with average ping well below 150 to european race servers. Cross fingers things will stay like this.
Scotland

I have never had a problem with Plusnet until recently and the download speeds now are nothing short of atrocious. From what I can gather, Plusnet don't know what the problem is and if that is the case, I'm off to somewhere else.
stormrunner
Dabbler

i havent been with plusnet long, this is the start of my third month, to begin with i was getting the max download speed my line could handle between 6000kbs and 7oookbs
but over the last 2 weeks that has droped to less than 400kbs,
iv spent between 20 and 30 mins on the phone to there support that 0845 number of theres and  never spoken to a sole
im now regretting the move to plusnet
Mand
Grafter

@ClaretMatt, Chris has arranged for interleaving to be removed now.
@Scotland, your IP profile has dropped to 3500, but seems to fluctuate between that and 4500 according to our records. What does a BT Speedtest say?
@stormrunner, I can see you've been in touch with our support team once and they couldn't see anything amiss (I've just had a look and neither can I), can you run a BT Speedtest too please?
Pugs
Grafter

Quote from: neil3045
This is getting even more scary seeing as I handed my Mac code to PN today to switch  Undecided Thought I was coming over to a better ISP?!

Well, we live and learn. I got connected on Friday and shall be after my MAC code tomorrow. Currently downloading from  Rpaidshare at a whole 42kb/s. It was 10 times than on my old ISP until they slowed down (was still getting 250kb/s). At these speeds I cannot surf and download files at the same time.
AllenC

Ahh spoke to soon, just got kicked from my racing site for high ping, car was jumping all over the shop. This really beginning to cheese me off. What is going on PN?
dvorak
Fixes: 1,482

Probably related to the issue with the centrals, for which a service status has been posted.
Customer / Moderator
If it helped click the thumb
If it fixed it click 'This fixed my problem'