cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Has Support just disappeared?

Phaeton
Rising Star

Has Support just disappeared?

Is it because they have not come back from their Summer holiday or last years students have left & this years not been trained yet?

I just want an answer to a simple non urgent question about my account, yet it's impossible to find the link to raise a question so it can be answered at their leisure, live chat has been withdrawn & the phone line wait is anywhere between 17 & 42 minutes.

I've been with Plusnet from before they were Plusnet, Good Old Force9, but never has support been so poor.

8 REPLIES 8
MauriceC
Resting Legend
Fixes: 17

Re: Has Support just disappeared?

@Phaeton wrote:

I just want an answer to a simple non urgent question about my account, yet it's impossible to find the link to raise a question so it can be answered at their leisure, live chat has been withdrawn & the phone line wait is anywhere between 17 & 42 minutes

The Ticket system was taken out of service for general questions a few years back.

The Chat service was temporarily withdrawn for a short period but is currently available

Monday to Friday 7:30am - 10pm
Saturday and Sunday- 10am - 4pm

Checked 10 minutes ago.

Superusers are not staff, but they do have a direct line of communication into the business in order to raise issues, concerns and feedback from the community.

Phaeton
Rising Star

I will check again but it certainly wasn't working just prior to me posting, it was there, you could add your details but it was impossible to submit the question/chat 

Phaeton
Rising Star

Info at 13:21, Sep 21:
All agents are currently assisting others. Your place in the queue is 17. Thank you for your patience.

As I said have all the students not come back, 40 minutes on hold or wait for God knows how long on chat, are you now being run by Talk Talk or Npower instead of BT

Gandalf
Community Gaffer
Community Gaffer
Fixes: 1,599

We're still here. Apologies for the wait times, it's something we're working on.

Feel free to PM me if there's anything I can help with.

Anoush

From 31st October 2022, I no longer have a regular presence here as I’ve moved on to a new role.
Anoush Mortazavi
Plusnet
shutter
Community Veteran
Fixes: 65

@Phaeton The good thing about being 17 in the queue.... you know where you are... and .. you can keep an eye on the progress of your postiong, whereas on the phone... you keep getting bombarded by pointless drivel about using the "online" services.. or having your hearing destroyed by the mindless muzak... and you still have no idea where you are in the queue... other big organisations do, at least, have this queue position system in place... I campaigned for it over 8 years ago, and it was rejected that PN could not do it.... however.. recent communication with PN seems to have revived the idea,.... not that I am too  hopeful that it will be implemented this year.... but... give them time... and they`ll get there...( as the saying went 8 years ago )..

the other good thing about Live Chat, is that you can prepare and type your question, at leisure while you are waiting, ensuring that you give as much of the relevant info without being "panicked" by being "live on the phone".. and wasting time... forgetting something vital to your cause...  then when the agent signals they are active for you... you just press the "enter" key and it goes from there...

Good Luck..

Phaeton
Rising Star

@shutter Yes, although it did seem to take an age before it decided to tell me I was 17th I then progressed slowly forward, checking every now & again, it seemed respond every 2 minutes as to where I was, unfortunately by the time 20 minutes had passed I was so distracted by work that I never got to check again so when it was eventually answered around 30-35 minutes I was deep into something else.

But the upshot was a checked my account & lo & behold the information I wanted was there, although that now brings up another question as to why with less than 1 month to run on the product I hadn't been sent an email reminder. I suspect the intention is to just switch me to another product at full cost & hope I don't notice.

Phaeton
Rising Star

@shutter Sorry just to add I like your idea on the phone system, but being a lowly ISP who could they turn to do advise them about such a bespoke phone system, it's not like they know any Telecom providers is it Smiley

shutter
Community Veteran
Fixes: 65

Such an amusing thought ! ! ... Undecided