cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Greedy BT offshoot

Andyfuture

Greedy BT offshoot

After nearly a year with plusnet I'm happy to order my MAC code!
All the glossy adverts and great broadband from yorkshire crap doesn't hide the fact that this is a BT company run with little respect for it's customers, who get hammered with extra costs if they go slightly over their usage allowence, That's if the service is actually working like earlier this year when the internet was down for a full day, twice and calls of complaints fall on deaf ears!
Though I still have to get my MAC code yet, I'm sure they can bungle that too!
It took at least 5 mins for me to convince the guy on the other end of the phone at plusnet that I was giving him the correct username and password I always use and he was wrong, the conversation didn't improve from there, after the usual discount if you don't go crap he told me I would have to pay £65 fee for leaving early, was odd since I was leaving on the day the contract ended, which ofcourse was different to the date I was told previously.
So happily I bid plusnot goodbye, good riddance to bad rubbish, and a warning to anyone wanting to join them, it's just another greedy BT company!
24 REPLIES 24
Andyfuture

Re: Greedy BT offshoot

Glad to see link:censored has been censored from my post, got to keep someone in plusnet in a job!
adie:red avoidance of swear filter removed.
dvorak
Fixes: 1,482

Please not that moderation is undertaken by other customers not staff.
Customer / Moderator
If it helped click the thumb
If it fixed it click 'This fixed my problem'
Chris
Legend
Fixes: 169

Hi there,
I understand that outages are frustrating, however I've looked down your account and can't see that you reported this to our faults team? I can see a couple of complaint tickets but the first step in fault resolution is to tell us there is an issue. Unfortunately it looks as though you may have been affected by some nationwide outages earlier in the year, sorry that this has caused your perception of our service to be poor.
With regards to the additional usage fees, so you check the email address you have registered on your account as we email you when you reach 80% to advise that you're approaching your usage so you can put a usage cap on or add more if required.

Former Plusnet Staff member. Posts after 31st Jan 2020 are not on behalf of Plusnet.
Andyfuture

That's funny they were reported both times, another one of plusnots selective memory?
Like I said anyone thinking of joining shouldn't bother, a waste of time and money go somewhere else, unless you like to watch every byte you use and enjoy spending time arguing with clueless customer service robots over why you have no connection
jelv
Seasoned Hero
Fixes: 10

Yet another topic that says more about the person posting than the service from Plusnet! Sad
jelv (a.k.a Spoon Whittler)
   Why I have left Plusnet (warning: long post!)   
Broadband: Andrews & Arnold Home::1 (FTTC 80/20)
Line rental: Pulse 8 Home Line Rental (£14.40/month)
Mobile: iD mobile (£4/month)
Andyfuture

forum says your feedback! And I'm giving my experience, I think if you like plusnot so much they are hiring, mayber you should apply? If you aren't already working from them!
Enjoy your limited inferior internet!
jelv
Seasoned Hero
Fixes: 10

Quote from: Andyfuture
Enjoy your limited inferior internet!

The one that has given me a reliable fast connection for the last 10 years or so where nearly all outages have been due to BT Wholesale/OpenReach and hence affected all ISPs proving connections via BT?
jelv (a.k.a Spoon Whittler)
   Why I have left Plusnet (warning: long post!)   
Broadband: Andrews & Arnold Home::1 (FTTC 80/20)
Line rental: Pulse 8 Home Line Rental (£14.40/month)
Mobile: iD mobile (£4/month)
dccrepairs
Grafter

I'm sorry but I have to agree with Jelv I have been customer of Plusnet for a few years now and have never had a problem, I have always found any member of staff I speak to professionally and always willing to help even when I have called them at silly o'clock in the morning. I too was affected by a couple of outages, none of which was the fault of Plusnet but rather with BT Openreach, which I was well informed when I called to ask about the outage.
[Edit] My mistake change Bright Spark to Jelv
Rich
Grafter

I've also got to agree with jelv & dccrepairs.  I've also been a Plusnet Broadband customer for than 9 years (and dial-up) before that.  Plusnet have ALWAYS sorted any problems quickly and been polite on the phone.
And NO, I don't work for Plusnet - I live too far away from Sheffield Roll_eyes
James
Grafter

@Andyfuture - I just tried calling you on both your numbers to find out if there was anything that we could do for you.
If you would like me to try again next week I will be more than happy to do so.
Andyfuture

RE: Jameseh I've been already spoken to one of your robot customer service friends, after receiving a msg saying I owed plusnet £163 for leaving early, because there seems to be a problem of listening to what customers ask of plusnot I DID NOT want to leave early I wanted to leave the day the contract was up. Now I'm being told I owe plusnot £50 plus pounds for a router I've apparently been renting! As I told the person on the phone I will be contacting ofcom on monday and I won't be paying anything for what I have already paid for! If you think you can resolve this then go for it, so far I haven't spoken to anyone who isn't actually going to do anything, it's all good until it breaks down, lucky the other people on here haven't had my experience, but quite frankly this is a FEEDBACK forum and I am feeding back my experience!
longedge
Aspiring Pro
Fixes: 4

My wife is always telling me that I blow my top far too quickly and it's not good for me  Smiley  I know that in another forum elsewhere I have made the mistake of posting before letting my blood pressure drop and I'm not really as unreasonable as my post made me appear. Perhaps that's the case here.
PlusNet aren't perfect but over the years I've been with 5 or 6 other providers and I've had less problems here than anywhere else. Just my 2p's worth.
Andyfuture

Patronising to say the least, more than a month later and still not happy but it seems this forum is for plusnet lovers, still greedy  still not satisfied and still willing to take my  money and offer little in the way of customer service, happily in my job I'm often asked to recommend isp's and as you can tell I won't be sending any customers this way!
dick:quote
longedge
Aspiring Pro
Fixes: 4

Quote from: Andyfuture
Patronising to say the least,

Sorry you see it that way, wasn't meant to be. Just saw the post and it made me think of myself on odd occasions.