Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Getting very cheesed off now

glloyd
Rising Star
Fixes: 1

Re: Getting very cheesed off now

What a bunch of incompetent plonkers BT are. They were supposed to have done a cease and re provide on Monday so what do they do? cease the connection at 4.15pm on Friday when you can't get hold of anyone so leave me with no BB for the weekend. Just as well I have a Tmobile dongle as back up. Six months of problems and now this. God knows what will happen on Monday.
Edit: Just thought maybe that's what they meant by 72 hours to complete Angry
penfold
Aspiring Pro
Fixes: 5

Sorry posted in wrong thread......
glloyd
Rising Star

Blimey it's enough to drive you up the wall. When I rang PN C/S they told me my connection had been ceased. At midnight I thought I'd try the test connection and that worked so tried again with me own logon and low and behold connected again and it's looks like my profile has been reset. Now I don't know if the C&R has been done or I have more to come Monday.
dustymil59
Grafter

I have pretty much the same problem and am totally fed up with plusnets actions. The fault finding process is a miserable experience, they just cannot grasp th e concept of seeing a resolution through to a  full and proper conclusion, but just go around and around in circles.
The only way to get anything HELPFUL done is if one of their staff take ownership of your problem through the forum. Surely, that is not the way to run a business?.
I've had more that I can take, and as soon as their office opens on Monday, I'll be getting a MAC code.
I just want to live my life and expect to pay the going rate for any service I engage. This is taking money under false pretense.
Good luck with sorting your own issues, I know what a infuriating process it is with this lot.
adamwalker
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team
Fixes: 221

Hi George,
I can confirm that work did seem to start on Friday which wasn't expected. I'm really not sure what the logic may have been to cease you on Friday with a view to starting work on the reconnection on Monday. I'll look into that and will keep you posted.
To confirm though work is definitely underway at the moment to get you reconnected.
If this post resolved your issue please click the 'This fixed my problem' button
 Adam Walker
 Plusnet Help Team
glloyd
Rising Star

Hi Adam,
It looks as though the work may have been completed on Friday because apart from a reboot I did on Saturday  it's been up 48 hours at full speed.
adamwalker
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team

Indications are that you're not due to be reconnected just yet so I'm going to call BT and get this checked out.
If this post resolved your issue please click the 'This fixed my problem' button
 Adam Walker
 Plusnet Help Team
adamwalker
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team

Although we've not yet had confirmation it does sound like the cease and reprovide has completed. I'm expecting confirmation through by 15:00 so I shall let you know.
On the upside I can see you've been online for just over 46 hours which is the best uptime you've had since before the fault was raised Smiley
 Adam Walker
 Plusnet Help Team
adamwalker
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team

FYI according to BTW the order has not yet closed off (for the reprovide part of the cease and reprovide) and wont' do so until tomorrow. However the physical side of the work has been done so this should now be resolved.
Please keep us appraised as to how things go from here.
 Adam Walker
 Plusnet Help Team
glloyd
Rising Star

God they (BTW/BTO) make life difficult for everybody including themselves.
I must take this opportunity to thank you for what can only be described as outstanding service on your part. I'm sure a lot of people having to deal with BTW would have given up by now, I know I was. Thank you very much indeed.
adamwalker
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team

Thanks very much indeed George.
As with a lot of things in life persistence and a good deal of patience can go a long way.
Keeping my fingers crossed!
Adam.
 Adam Walker
 Plusnet Help Team
glloyd
Rising Star

Could some kindly give my line speed a kick at PlusNet end, It seems mile behind BT. Many thanks.
Chris
Legend
Fixes: 169

Interesting, what does a speedtest give as the profile? Checking here it matches at 8000.
Former Plusnet Staff member. Posts after 31st Jan 2020 are not on behalf of Plusnet.
glloyd
Rising Star

12000 Kbps and that's low for my sync speed.

Download speedachieved during the test was - 6336 Kbps
For your connection, the acceptable range of speedsis 2000-21000 Kbps.
Additional Information:
Your DSL Connection Rate :17048 Kbps(DOWN-STREAM), 1191 Kbps(UP-STREAM)
IP Profile for your line is - 12000 Kbps
The throughput of Best Efforts (BE) classes achieved during the test is - 13.73:28.17:58.1 (SBE:NBE:PBE)
These figures represent the ratio while sententiously passing Sub BE, Normal BE and Priority BE marked traffic.
The results of this test will vary depending on the way your ISP has decided to use these traffic classes.
Chris
Legend
Fixes: 169

I'll up our side to match that now.
Former Plusnet Staff member. Posts after 31st Jan 2020 are not on behalf of Plusnet.