Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Getting very cheesed off now

glloyd
Rising Star
Fixes: 1

Getting very cheesed off now

Since the beginning of  December I have had a problem of dropped connections. Plusnet eventually get round to passing the fault to BT who do something at the exchange which fixes the problem for a few weeks before it returns again.
Apart from the annoyance of the fault returning is the delay of Plusnet doing anything when the fault is reported. I phoned on Thurseday and the ticket  33071417  has just sat there. It seems like the previous fault is still not be closed. This is the fourth time  this fault has returned and of course each time one is expected to jump through the hoops testing this and that.
I'm due to go into hospital at any time for some serious ops so don't want BB playing up as my wife won't know what to do
137 REPLIES 137
penfold
Aspiring Pro
Fixes: 5

Re: Getting very cheesed off now

I absolutely sympathise, I am in the same situation... see http://community.plus.net/forum/index.php/topic,84889.0.html
I am becoming more and more sure this is ADSL2+ equipment.  Never had these issues on ADSL Max, on the older equipment.
adamwalker
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team
Fixes: 221

glloyd,
Sorry to hear that it sounds like you've had a frustrating experience with this. I'm just looking over the history of this problem now including any previous tickets about the same subject and will reply ASAP.
If this post resolved your issue please click the 'This fixed my problem' button
 Adam Walker
 Plusnet Help Team
glloyd
Rising Star

Thanks Adam. It would help if an engineer who sounded like he knew what he was doing tried to fix it but all they seem interested in is if they can make some sort of connection to the exchange. God know what it must be costing BT in re visits and time wasted.
After spending half an hour testing my line again the last bloke said think yourself lucky your not on this new upto 20 meg lark it's a right problem. I said I was and have been since the trials started, oh dear was his reply. With that he left to go to the exhange never to be seen again.
adamwalker
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team

glloyd,
Having checked the history of your issue and the latest updates from BT, although I want to avoid any repeat actions possible to help get this resolved we need to look at another SFI visit.
My reply to ticket 33071417 should help to clarify my reason behind recommending this course of action.
If this post resolved your issue please click the 'This fixed my problem' button
 Adam Walker
 Plusnet Help Team
glloyd
Rising Star

When do you want to book the visit Adam? I'm available as and when at the moment.
adamwalker
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team

Sorry about the delay in getting back to you here.
I've booked an appointment for between 0800 and 1300 tomorrow morning. As per my update on ticket 33071417 the engineer has been given a specific set of instructions to help us progress this fault further.
 Adam Walker
 Plusnet Help Team
glloyd
Rising Star

Perhaps it would have been better to have sent a butchers dog because it could not have made any more mess of it. We have been left with no phone at all and my BB is now less than half what it was and CS tell me than can do nothing until they get the BT report tomorrow and phone faults take 48 hours anyway. Really bloody fed up with this PN lark. It takes days if not weeks to get faults escalated then when they are this happens.
Is is beyond the realms of common sense or sensibility for someone to pick up the phone to BT and say your engineer has made a cock up get someone back to fix it.
adamwalker
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team

glloyd,
This is obviously a concern and needs chasing now. I am on the phone with our suppliers to find out what has happened and will update you shortly
 Adam Walker
 Plusnet Help Team
adamwalker
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team

As per our phone conversation and the update to your ticket I have raised an escalation with our suppliers to demonstrate the urgency needed to get this dealt with for you.
As promised I will keep chasing for updates and will call you on your mobile with any updates we can get.
 Adam Walker
 Plusnet Help Team
glloyd
Rising Star

Thank you once again Adam. As we were speaking the telephone was reinstated and BB back to normal speed. However, I am still getting the odd disconnects. I have no idea what if anything has been done as BT did not have the decency to phone as promised.
I can't help feeling that the BT engineers test equipment is out of date and much of what they do is hit and miss. For instance the engineer could not even get a sync on my line using his equipment where as I got nearly 15Meg. What I find almost unbelievable is they leave a job without testing it's working. Thank God they don't service aircraft..
adamwalker
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team

As per when I phoned I am glad to see that this issue has now been resolved and your phone and broadband is back up. As agreed lets monitor your connection over the next 48 hours to see how things go from here and I'll come back to you on Friday. A serious complaint has now been raised with regards to you having no phone service for most of the day yesterday.
 Adam Walker
 Plusnet Help Team
glloyd
Rising Star

So far so good- My link has been stable for about 42 hours so fingers crossed it will stay fixed.
At this point I must thank Adam for the proffesional and caring way he has dealt with my problem. He is a credit to PlusNet who I'm sure could do with a lot more like him. Thank you Adam.
adamwalker
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team

Hello George,
Thanks very much indeed for that. I'm glad all seems to be OK at present. Fingers crossed for you in the meantime but I will take another look at this tomorrow for you.
Adam.
 Adam Walker
 Plusnet Help Team
glloyd
Rising Star

Unfortunately the pattern continues after a couple of weeks of normality I'm back to dropped connections and decrease in speed. The speed has dropped 5 Meg in a few days.
BT must obviously know what is causing this problem because they fix it and it last a couple of weeks so why can't they make a permanent fix?
The other odd thing about these disconnections is when the router resyncs I can't access the internet, I have to do a power down reboot. At first I thought this was down to the router but I have tried five brand new routers and it's the same with all of them.