cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

General customer service on my account nearly as bad as talk/talks .

delboy109
Grafter

General customer service on my account nearly as bad as talk/talks .

I signed up to plusnet about 2 months ago and had originally signed up for fibre and was assured that I could get it .
Had to pay £33 for the pleasure .
Week later get an email saying that my account has been suspended and that I had to call to make changes .
Call up have to wait 20 mins before speaking to anyone  and get told that I can't get fibre .
Bit disappointed but hey ho .
Get promised I will be able to get it by 16 th april  and that someone will 100% call me on that date to arrange the engineer apointment .
16 th comes and goes and no contact .
Phone again ( another 20 min wait ) to be told I shouldn't have been promised it .
Keep checking with BT open reach and they said lines are available in my junction box on the 28 th April .
Phone again to order fibre (20 min wait as standard)  order goes through and am told that an engineer apointment will be scheduled within 24 hours .
guess what no contact again .
Phone up again ( 17 minute wait - getting better Wink ) and get told that my order wasn't even placed so go through the order process again .
Get contacted to say an engineer will be out on the 10th of May to install fibre ( yes result )
Everything good or so I thought .
Get contacted by email saying that my fibre order is cancelled till at least the 27th may .
At this stage I phone up to cancel and get connected straight away to a operator .
Complaint made . And more promises made that someone will contact me on the 27th may to tell me my engineer apointment date .
I won't hold my breath .
The last customer service that was this bad was talk,talk  which is know for it .
I was under the impression that plusnet won awards for customer service?
A really disappointed
Customer / Cancelling customer  potentially .
Rant over .
13 REPLIES 13
AndyH
Grafter

Re: General customer service on my account nearly as bad as talk/talks .

Unfortunately, it sounds like your fibre cabinet is totally full and Openreach need to install a new one. This can happen from time to time in areas where the uptake is higher than expected. The problem is Openreach give estimated dates for capacity upgrades (which get passed on to you), and they can keep getting put back for various reasons. I know one cabinet near me that was waiting over 6 months for extra capacity.
delboy109
Grafter

Yeh I do appreciate that but the fact is that I was 100% promised I could get it when I signed up then Have just been fobbed of and passed from Pillar to post between departments  each not knowing what the other is doing and nobody could and hasn't given me a confirmed answer to the issue.
Its always false promises .
Sometimes I wish I had Just stayed with Sky Broadband .
AndyH
Grafter

The communication (or lack of it) from Plusnet has clearly been unacceptable.
Are you without broadband at the moment?
TheFlyingMouse
Grafter

Hello delboy109,
You are not the only one with problems with PlusNet. I was with talktalk for 7 years, in that time the manner in which they treat there customers deteriorated so much that I decided to move. Because of the TV adverts and others who had posted on talktalk forums, saying that PlusNet were fantastic and no problem to switch to, I decided to go to PlusNet. Big mistake, my wife and I, both disabled pensioners and who rely on telephone contact with health and emergency services, are being treat just as bad as talktalk's. Infact the only ones treating us with respect at this time is talktalk's customer relations. I live in fear of loosing telephone contact because of the incompetency of PlusNet operatives.
Thank you,
regards,
TheFlyingMouse.
Anotherone
Champion
Fixes: 21

In your case it's not Plusnet operatives TheFlyingMouse, see replies on your own thread. If anyone is creating problems with your transfer it will be TalkTalk.
MatthewWheeler
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team
Fixes: 480

@delboy109
Unfortunately as AndyH has stated there's currently no capacity at your cabinet so we can't upgrade you onto fibre just yet. We've been told extra capacity should be added by the 27th May but our Provisioning team are checking this. From what I can see your current ADSL connection with us is working.
@TheFlyingMouse
I'll respond to your thread shortly.
If this post resolved your issue please click the 'This fixed my problem' button
 Matthew Wheeler
 Plusnet Help Team
delboy109
Grafter

And now I have received a email saying my order for fibre is complete when it clearly isn't .
My broadband is slower than a night in the jail .
Looks like I will have to make another phone call to customer services and waste another 20 minutes + waiting to speak to an adviser to tell me that there has been a mistake .
Not happy Sad
Anotherone
Champion

I'd be inclined to let Matthew or one of the other CRT members take a look at this tomorrow morning. It sounds like it's just an automated email which shouldn't have happened.
delboy109
Grafter

I phoned customer services and they dont know whats happened.
My online account says I am now getting fibre and my package price has went up accordingly . yeh great have adsl broadband which is pretty rubbish if am honest and they want to charge me for Unlimited fibre.
was told I would be called back as soon as the relevant department opened at 9 and low and behold am still waiting for the phone call.
I stand by my first post . some of the  the worst customer care  I have experienced to date.
Anotherone
Champion

That department won't be open until 9.00am Monday, but in any event one of the CRT should be able to resolve this.
plusnettony
Plusnet Staff
Plusnet Staff
Fixes: 18

The account activated on the initial due date. I can't change the account to a none active service, or you wouldn't get an service. I'll therefore need to manually process any changes for you.
If this post resolved your issue please click the 'This fixed my problem' button
 Tony T
 Plusnet Help Team
delboy109
Grafter

Ment to be getting upgraded today but have a feeling that I am going to be let down again .
its like Plusnets left hand doesnt know what its right hand is doing.
plusnettony
Plusnet Staff
Plusnet Staff
Fixes: 18

An order is currently in the BT systems (Eco+) which currently stated the completion date is 28th May, AM slot.
 Tony T
 Plusnet Help Team