cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Game Console Support

Egz0001
Grafter

Game Console Support

Is this to suggest help from plusnet or this forum if its for plusnet then Why not offer support for game consoles like PS3 and XBOX.
Its advertised as an online gaming ISP.
If this is to suggest help from the forum then i couldnt complain as they all seem really helpful.
4 REPLIES 4
pierre_pierre
Grafter

Re: Game Console Support

There is a specific Gamers Forum on this site, see below.
Also not trying to wind you up, I dont know what conversations you have had with James on the phone, but reading between the lines, you were on O2, and you have a Virgin Wired link at 10M,  A how long have you been on this system as on a new connection it can take up to 10 days to get the max speed for your line.
On the Games Forum you will find a lot of people with your set up who are operating succesfully
spraxyt
Resting Legend
Fixes: 75

Also, have you checked out the information provided on the "Gaming" Help and Support page here? Is that the sort of information you had in mind?
David
Egz0001
Grafter

Quote from: pierre_pierre
There is a specific Gamers Forum on this site, see below.
Also not trying to wind you up, I dont know what conversations you have had with James on the phone, but reading between the lines, you were on O2, and you have a Virgin Wired link at 10M,  A how long have you been on this system as on a new connection it can take up to 10 days to get the max speed for your line.
On the Games Forum you will find a lot of people with your set up who are operating succesfully

I was on the interleaving for a couple of days now im on the Fastpath, And the techie on the phone told me 3 days of line monitering to find a stable connection, The fluctuation on the line made it impossible, the fastpath connection seems much better.
I had an o2 connection but changed it to plusnet on the lindline, but i also have a 10 meg connection from virgin (with them since they where NTL), it was 20 meg but i found the 10meg was more stable but still not up for online gaming although for my friends it works great. it is all down to busy exchanges i was told, so thats why i used O2 or now Plusnet.
As for connection setups it depends totally on your connection and router also how its setup, whats good for one sometimes isnt good for someone else due to all sorts of reasons.
As for winding me up, cant see why you would think you would. Im always open for advise.
Quote from: spraxyt
Also, have you checked out the information provided on the "Gaming" Help and Support page here? Is that the sort of information you had in mind?

I didnt even know this exsisted mate, i genrally just google or use playstation or the other two forums im in. But it does only give you the basics, i really needed router support mostly, but hopfully due to a conversation myself and james had , we may be on to a winner, and my fingers are crossed.
Failing that id imagine my connection/Router/Setrup modifications taken slowly i will be able to fine tune the connection to be much better but ill have to wait and see.
Dont think me responding to your comments is allowed as this is only suggetions i think. If this is the case . Im Sorry. But thanks for the advise guys.
pierre_pierre
Grafter

no respond away, glad to see you are much happier now.  Its up to you, as generally you are the only one who can do it, but you can also edit your top title by going to the first item and click Modify on the right then got to the Title and type away