cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

From frying pan (talktalk) into fire (plusnet)?

frooty

From frying pan (talktalk) into fire (plusnet)?

So, after getting rid of talktalk for obvious reasons, I switched to plusnet 2 weeks ago, or so I thought. Plusnet were very quick to take my money of course, but apart from that, nothing has happened since - no router delivery, no confirmation, no nothing. I called plusnet customer services an hour ago & finally got answered after 30 minutes of mind numbing music by a rep who couldn't find my account details then put me on hold again while he looks into what's happening. That was 30 minutes of yet more mind grinding music ago & I'm still on hold. I'm getting the distinct feeling of dejavu here, what have I done?
The reason I left talktalk (apart from them throwing my details out over the web) was because of their abysmal service & customer support, yet here I am having to undergo the same abysmal service & customer support, but from a different ISP - what on earth has happened to the customer service in the telecom industry in this country?
Today is the last day of my 2 week "grace period" & nobody at plusnet knows what is going on. It seems I have no option than to continue to listen to the plusnet musical abomination in the hope that someone at customer support decides to "unhold me", at which point I will cancel my contract & try to find an ISP that actually knows how to create a customer account & deliver the goods ordered & paid for in a timely manner.
I thought talktalk were the worst in the UK, but it looks like I was wrong. Absolutely abysmal service. No wonder the UK was ranked 52nd in the world in regards to internet speeds & infrastructure. There are, literally, third world counties that provide a better service than what we get here in the UK.
Disgusted.
8 REPLIES 8
frooty

Re: From frying pan (talktalk) into fire (plusnet)?

Update: After 1 hour 20 minutes a different rep picked up the phone who had no knowledge of my situation - so the 1st rep (Rob) just put me on hold & left me there until someone else could be bothered to pick up!!
Apparently, openreach rejected my order 10 days ago. Nobody told me this, or why it happened & the 2nd rep doesn't know either. he is now trying to contact openreach to get details while I wait on the line (not on hold - I refused).
More to follow......... Angry
frooty

Update: After 1 hour 45 minutes the 2nd rep (Raphi) has promised me a call back in 15 - 30 minutes - I wanted to stay online as after reading through this forum, callbacks don't seem to happen very often & I have already been dumped once by plusnet reps, but he has assured me he will definitely call. Still no explanation as to what's going on, why I wasn't told of the problem 10 days ago or why there is no mention of this on my account page....... Angry
@ plusnet: Seeing as you have made a complete mess of this order, I would like my grace period extended by another 2 weeks? I'm not willing to be trapped into a contract that you can't even get processed properly.
More to follow........
tijara33
Pro
Fixes: 6

I was reading a survey yesterday which stated that Plusnet is now 2nd only to TalkTalk for lousy customer service & Ofcom complaints. I guess that sadly you will be adding to the list.  Cry
frooty

Wish I had read that before choosing plusnet!
I've given up waiting for the callback & am now cancelling the order before my 2 week window ends. I'm currently on hold with the "thinking of leaving us?" department, of course.
My brain hurts from the constant battering of terrible elevator music........
frooty

Done. Order cancelled & refunded - awaiting confirmation email.
Plusnet & TalkTalk must have gone to the same School of Utter Incompetence. Words fail me on how to describe  their complete failure to provide any actual service whatsoever, they can't even process an order, let alone provide anything  Tongue
Shambolic, abysmal & completely incompetent ISP.  I feel sorry for all you folks who are stuck in a contract with this farcical company & wish you all the luck in the world - you're going to need it.
Goodbye  Wink
tijara33
Pro
Fixes: 6

Good luck with your new isp, hope you get better service.
rongtw
Seasoned Hero
Fixes: 12

Once, A LONG  time ago PN were excellent  , but unfortunately they have slipped to the level of TalkTalk  who i left 5 years ago to come to PN
PN about time you STOP promising we will get it Sorted and take some ACTION !!
Asus ROG Hero Vii Z97 , Intel i5 4690k ,ROG Asus Strix 1070,
samsung 850evo 250gig , WD black 2 TB . Asus Phoebus sound ,
16 gig Avexir ram 2400 , water cooling Corsair H100i gtx ,
Corsair 750HXI Psu , Phanteks Enthoo pro case .
thenouvellesban

Yes in my experience I not only have a dialup level service but also zero level customer service, they are an absolute disgrace and just moneygrabbers, go to BT if you can afford it but do NOT join plusnet if you are looking for service!!!!!
Quote from: tijara33
I was reading a survey yesterday which stated that Plusnet is now 2nd only to TalkTalk for lousy customer service & Ofcom complaints. I guess that sadly you will be adding to the list.  Cry