Pro
Fixes: 3

Five months.....

Ticket opened on 07/01/2017.....

All PN equipment replaced along with new ethernet cables

Three BT Engineer visits.

Master Socket and Face Plate replaced

Line moved onto a spare pair wires back to the cabinet

Master Socket and Face Plate replaced for a second time (third visit).

Last Engineer visit (Friday) says I need totally new external wiring back to the connection at the bottom of the DP :

I cannot complete this task because further work is required by the dig and aux control to arrange scaffolding, an A55 has not been submitted because Not required . The line has been proven good to the PCP, Scaffolding required to replace Dropwire from DP to Property, D Pole and inaccessible by hoist. A loop condition was detected towards the end customer. Please see additional information

this is going to involve a scaffolding team and yet another Engineer visit... and yet another half day at home for me.

Latest update on the ticket is :

Thank you for your patience and I am sorry for the inconvenience this fault may be causing you.

To progress this fault, we would need to request an engineer to visit your premises and to diagnose the fault on the line.

Before we book an engineer to investigate and try to fix your issue I need to make you aware of the following information and you will need to accept before we proceed.

If the engineer finds the fault to be with one of the checks we have asked you to do, you miss the appointment or you cancel the appointment within 48 hours of the engineer visit time we will add one off fee of £65 to your bill. This charge will appear within 90 days of the engineer visiting your property and the engineer will demonstrate to you where the problem exists.

We are very stringent on accepting and passing on these charges and protecting both you and us from paying a charge.

In order for us to book an engineer do you accept the possibility of a charge to your account?

Which suggests that the Customer Service rep has NOT read the ticket and hasn't got a clue.

Whilst this is primarily NOT PlusNet's fault I really don't think this acceptable and I'd like some explanation from PN about why this farce is still on going.

78 REPLIES 78
Chris
Legend
Fixes: 169

Re: Five months.....

Hi Steve,

The advisor has used the standard engineer charging statement which we have to read each time we book an engineer to visit a customer premises, I understand that this is frustrating and I do apologise for the long nature of this.

Former Plusnet Staff member. Posts after 31st Jan 2020 are not on behalf of Plusnet.
SteveA
Pro

Frustrating isn't the word for it. How can it take three engineer visits to work out that the cable is faulty? The engineer on Friday was basically rubbishing the work done by the previous engineer and telling me that my phone line had not been installed properly.

I'm now  being asked to take another half day off work so an engineer can come in and do what should have been done months ago....

MauriceC
Resting Legend
Fixes: 17

@Chris wrote:
The advisor has used the standard engineer charging statement which we have to read each time we book an engineer to visit a customer premises, I understand that this is frustrating and I do apologise for the long nature of this.

This has to be be illogical @Chris  The fault has already been diagnosed as external to the premises by BTOR.  Is it just another 'feature' of the aging Automation system? Wink

Superusers are not staff, but they do have a direct line of communication into the business in order to raise issues, concerns and feedback from the community.

SteveA
Pro

Given that I have someone else's test results pasted into my ticket, and a scaffolding team has to be sent out to a neighbours garden to get to the pole (so no point in me getting an engineer in until that's done) I suspect it's a lot of mistakes by the advisor.

rongtw
Seasoned Hero
Fixes: 12

The advisor has used the standard engineer charging statement ?

this just goes to show the answer is just a generic copy and paste  Sad  and a lack of understanding of the problem

Asus ROG Hero Vii Z97 , Intel i5 4690k ,ROG Asus Strix 1070,
samsung 850evo 250gig , WD black 2 TB . Asus Phoebus sound ,
16 gig Avexir ram 2400 , water cooling Corsair H100i gtx ,
Corsair 750HXI Psu , Phanteks Enthoo pro case .
chenks76
All Star

@SteveA wrote:

The engineer on Friday was basically rubbishing the work done by the previous engineer and telling me that my phone line had not been installed properly.

it's always the previous engineers fault, you'll find that is pretty much a standard repsonse when speaking to any technician from any company.

HarryB
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team
Fixes: 256

@SteveA wrote:

Given that I have someone else's test results pasted into my ticket, and a scaffolding team has to be sent out to a neighbours garden to get to the pole (so no point in me getting an engineer in until that's done) I suspect it's a lot of mistakes by the advisor.

I understand that another advisor has updated the ticket today and chased this up, however ultimately the response from our suppliers is still requesting that we book an engineer on your fault report.

@rongtw wrote:
The advisor has used the standard engineer charging statement ?

Advisors would have to do this on any fault report that requires an engineer.

If this post resolved your issue please click the 'This fixed my problem' button
 Harry Beesley
 Plusnet
SteveA
Pro

So an engineer visit just so that he can raise the paperwork that Engineer 3 didn't raise for whatever reason.

So another half day at home.....    and then I assume ANOTHER Visit after that for another engineer to come and put the new wires into the house.

How do I raise a formal complaint because this is ridiculous.

SpendLessTime
Hero
Fixes: 86

The official complaints procedure is here https://www.plus.net/help/legal/complaints-code-of-practice/

For future reference a link to it is shown at the bottom of every webpage as "Complaints Code of Practice"

Ex - Plusnet Customer (2009 - 2023) now with BT
rongtw
Seasoned Hero

@HarryB  the point i was trying to make was , previous engineers had proved the fault was external ,

So there was no need to mention the charge as its not a internal fault .

HarryB
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team
Fixes: 256

@rongtw While I appreciate the thought process behind that, in the past engineers have gone out to proven external faults and then tried to push charges on us because after looking in to it they've knocked on the customers door and found that there's actually an internal fault causing the problems.

I'm not saying that's the case in this instance, however advisors have been told to always read out the engineer charging statement on faults.

If this post resolved your issue please click the 'This fixed my problem' button
 Harry Beesley
 Plusnet
rongtw
Seasoned Hero

@HarryB  Thanks for the explanation Wink

SteveA
Pro

I think I might as well give up and move to cable....

Told PN I could do three afternoon appointments...

PN arranged for a 08:00 to 13:00 slot....

Anonymous
Not applicable

Roll_eyes