Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Five months.....

SteveA
Pro
Fixes: 3

Re: Five months.....

So basically if they are so transient that they can cause 244 Errored Seconds in 15 minutes but not cause any apparent changes in Noise Margin its not actually traceable...

The last suggestion from PN in a phone call was I could "just accept that the TV service will suffer from breakup"

ejs
Aspiring Hero
Fixes: 25

I didn't mean to imply that it wouldn't be traceable, only that it's not necessarily going to be visible in the SNRM figure.

SteveA
Pro

But after 7 months and with a ticket that long for PN to basically go back to the start and want router resets and software updates and the suggestion of an engineer visit.........

SteveA
Pro

Official line from PN is now.

"I have thoroughly reviewed this ticket and your account, and I don not think that there is any more help that we can offer.

As this stage, all I can say is that I will be happy to remove your TV contract from the account should you wish, so that you may pursue other options in relation to your Television service.

I appreciate that this may not be what you wish to hear, and I am sorry that there is no more to be done."

So basically unless you have a 100% perfect line with zero packet loss you might as well forget having an IPTV system that doesn't glitch .. .and by glitch I mean its providing a worse image that the OTA freeview (SD and HD) coming in via an aerial (and cabling) that is over 20 years old

Maybe PN need to put that into all their documentation for their TV package.

At least Netflix, Now TV and the On-Demand players don't have any problems (Now TV and Netflix buffer so much the line can actually drop and come back up without the TV being disrupted)

I will be arranging to get my TV service cancelled and seeking compensation for this 7 month fiasco.