cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

First Experience - Aweful

Mutley
Dabbler

First Experience - Aweful

I wanted to upgrade to Fibre, its recently become available in the area so logged in on-line.  Unfortunately I cant do this online,  so noticing this - and I quote the page text itself  -  "Having Problems - If you need help with changing your products, give us a call on the number below 0800 432 0200",  I did - and that's where it went wrong,  I went from having a good impression so far of Plusnet,  to,  well,  poor. 
35 Minutes later,  and after being transferred 3 times with each person then saying they couldn't help,  the 4th agent then said that "oh its customer services you need,  I'll put you through".  Really ???,  you want me to go through to a 5th person and wait again ?, 
Would somebody please tell me who and how i'm supposed to proceed !
I really hope that given how smooth my migration was that all the efforts of CS are not put into new customers and that existing customers are treated as fairly ?!. 
22 REPLIES 22
James
Grafter

Re: First Experience - Aweful

Mutley,
Really sorry about this.  I'll get someone to give you a ring.
Mutley
Dabbler

Think i've been patient enough !
Still waiting  Roll_eyes
orbrey
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)

Hi Mutley,
Just checked your number at http://www.dslchecker.bt.com/adsl/adslchecker.welcome and it's definitely showing fibre as available, so you should be alright to order online now? Please let us know if not, or if you'd still rather call up to discuss your options and we'll do what we can for you.
Mutley
Dabbler

Matt,  I'm sorry but my original post clearly states that i am a plusnet customer already,  i have already tried upgrading on-line and that i knew fibre was available or i wouldn't of been trying to upgrade. 
Have to say if i knew what know now then i wouldnt be a plusnet customer !
chrispurvey
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Fixes: 1

Hi,
I've noticed that fibre isn't actually available until the 7th May, that's why the current order hasn't been able to be placed. On the 7th May you'll be able to go through the online upgrade journey or give out support team a call and they'll be able to process that.
Sorry for the confusion.
Mutley
Dabbler

Not Available ?,  Great,  so in the time its taken which is pretty much the whole of April i've now actually received a valid response.  Granted not the one i was after but one that i can see is out of your hands. 
Disappointing though that at the time this thread was opened  Fibre was "apparently" available, and had been for most of March. 
chrispurvey
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)

I appreciate your frustration with this, I can't check what the availability was showing prior to me checking unfortunately so I can't answer that.
I'm more than happy to come the 7th May to get this arranged for you and see your installation of fibre through to your activation.
Mutley
Dabbler

i'd appreciate it if you would,  thanks
chrispurvey
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)

I'll make sure I follow this up on the 7th.
borgred
Dabbler

things never change
chrispurvey
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)

Hi,
I've chased this up this morning and your availability date is now showing the 15th May, this is normally due to capacity issues.
Apologies that this has been delayed, I'll be checking on this on the 15th to get your order placed.
Mutley
Dabbler

Thanks Chris
Same old story I guess, if you check with openreach, cabinet P80 is online, accepting orders and potentially syncing 50mb
That is of course if your "privileged" enough to be excepted
chrispurvey
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)

I've been checking on this daily and it's showed that there's availability as of today. So I've placed an order for fibre and have been provided with an installation date of the 17th May 8am - 1pm. Is this date any good for you? I just wanted to get the order confirmed as I can change the date if needed.
Mutley
Dabbler

Chris,  That's perfect - Thank you  Smiley