Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

First Experience - Aweful

Mutley
Dabbler

Re: First Experience - Aweful

Hi Chris
Well the installation went smooth enough, but i'm familiar enough with BT by now to know that silver linings last 24 hours so you'll forgive me for not coming straight back after the install. 
This test was performed tonight at 0058.  It is pretty consistent with what I've experienced for the last 7 days (Infinity been live 10)
When it was installed I got 38mb,  since 48hrs+ after I may of had the odd blip to 20mb but that's it. 
I've tested this wireless and wired, I've used the speedtest app, internet-speedtest.net, the bt speedtester and its all pretty consistent. 
Please let me know what we can do from here. 
Thanks
Ian

Anotherone
Champion
Fixes: 21

When the order was placed what was the promised speed?
What does your Current Line speed (Login required) say?
Could you run the  the BTw Performance test (ignore the red preamble except make sure no other programs are using the Internet) and at the end of the first run, click the Further Diagnostics button, enter just your Phone number and Run the Further Diagnostics Test.
Do a Copy and Paste of the results and post here (no need to grab an image).
orbrey
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)

@Mutley, your profile on BTs side is set at 76200 which is matched on our side, are you not seeing those speeds? Hoping everything's going alright with the connection.
Anotherone
Champion

@Mutley, have the speedtests that you've done been wired or wireless? You need to do them wired (ie.via Ethernet) to check your connection, although the information from the Diagnostic part of the BTw test is still useful even if wireless.
Mutley
Dabbler

Apologies for the delay,  the answer is no basically : at its very best (around 2am) i hit 33-36mb,  last night around 7:30 for instance was between 6-9 but fluctuating heavily.
All my test results figures are a best of 3
All tests have been done,  wireless and wired. (iphone + PC)
Anotherone
Champion

Can you confirm that you have those very slow speeds wired?
Mutley
Dabbler

Yes
dick:quote
chrispurvey
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Fixes: 1

Hi Mutley,
I've checked your line and can't see any issues to cause what you're seeing, I've also checked if they are any capacity issues at your exchange, which it's reporting that everything is fine.
I'd suggest running through our faults wizard and if you're still seeing slowdowns we can take this up with our suppliers.
Just to add, when you're seeing a slowdown would you be able to try a PPPoE connection to see if there's any difference?