cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Fibre installation - Yet another one - Engineer didnt turn up

zi123456

Fibre installation - Yet another one - Engineer didnt turn up

I booked this afternoon off work.  Nobody showed up for my FTTC install scheduled for second half today.  No contact was made whatsoever. Contacted customer service at 6:30 and waited half hour for call to get through and then was told that there were some delays from suppliers side but details are not there. On top of that my existing broadband stopped working since this morning as line has now transferred to plus-net
I am somewhat irked by the fact that:
a) firstly my router order was not placed due to some system isssues which seems to be quite frequent looking at the forums. One ordered today which will arrive later in the week.
b) Why the phone line was transferred before the installation - leaving me without broadband
c) if you are a Plusnet customer and you miss the appointment, you get slapped with a £50 fine. If BT miss the appointment, um, they remake the appointment for a more inconvenient time
d) the consumer is at the whim of the infrastructure provider
e) there is no comeback from BT Openreach to the end user, because we aren't their customer
The monopoly that Openreach have on the "last mile" mean that the only people who can possibly lose are the end users.  They are the ones who have to take time off, turn down overtime, get someone to pick the kids up from school.  The communications provider still get their customer and BT Openreach still get paid for the job.
And when you go to the Openreach website, you get told that you have to complain to your "CP", who, quite frankly, have done nothing wrong.
3 REPLIES 3
Townman
Superuser
Superuser
Fixes: 159

Re: Fibre installation - Yet another one - Engineer didnt turn up

Hi zi123456,
Welcome to PlusNet and the forums.  PlusNet staff are only on here during office hours, so you will need to wait until tomorrow to get your issue progressed.
All too sadly what you say about BTOR (and in particular their subcontractors) is all too true.  I have heard that if you ask, you can get some recompense for BTOR failing to keep their appointments.
Hope you are soon sorted.

Superusers are not staff, but they do have a direct line of communication into the business in order to raise issues, concerns and feedback from the community.

LinnPlusnet
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)

Hi zi123456,
I'm very sorry to hear your Fibre installation didn't go to plan. I can see that this has been forwarded to our dedicated Supplier Team who will get in touch with Wholesale to find out why the engineer didn't attend yesterday and they'll get back in touch with you later today.
I completely sympathise with the points you've made (I've had to wait in for BT Openreach before when they've not turned up) and I'll be sure to pass them on to them. Hopefully our Supplier Team can get some updates for you today and re-book the appointment with you.
zi123456

Thanks Townman, Will talk to customer service regarding comp once the service is up an running.
@Linn - Thanks for the note, hope to get an update today from the supplier side as I really need this to work ASAP since I need broadband to work remotely as part of my job.