cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Fibre engineer not turned up

tony1963

Fibre engineer not turned up

On two occasions, December 2013 and January 22nd 2014, the engineers failed to turn up. These appointments were to change to fibrenet fast broadband after many years with them. No apology from Plusnet apart from blaming Open Reach. Plusnet arranged the appointments so they should be notifying me of any progress if any. The telephone service is appalling which means waiting on the line for over 30mins before giving up. Plusnet are taking extra money out of my bank account for a service I haven't got. I sent a letter to their HO for explanations or I'd report them to OFCOM. No reply. It appears that Plusnet don't give a damn and appear to be happy to have an  investigation by OFCOM. If it didn't cost a fortune to get out of my contract, I would be joining a company who are professioal and efficient who take situations like this very seriously.
8 REPLIES 8
jelv
Seasoned Hero
Fixes: 10

Re: Fibre engineer not turned up. no comms from Plusnet so copied my ticket here!

tony1963
There are no Plusnet staff on these forums outside normal working hours so your post may not be seen until Monday.
jelv (a.k.a Spoon Whittler)
   Why I have left Plusnet (warning: long post!)   
Broadband: Andrews & Arnold Home::1 (FTTC 80/20)
Line rental: Pulse 8 Home Line Rental (£14.40/month)
Mobile: iD mobile (£4/month)
Strat
Community Veteran
Fixes: 565

Re: Fibre engineer not turned up

[Moderator's note by Dick (Strat) Posts split off and title edited to raise profile.
Windows 10 Firefox 109.0 (64-bit)
To argue with someone who has renounced the use of reason is like administering medicine to the dead - Thomas Paine
AlaricAdair
Champion
Fixes: 1

Quote from: tony1963
... The telephone service is appalling which means waiting on the line for over 30mins before giving up. ...

So the long phone waits continue?
Now Zen, but a +Net residue.
picbits
Rising Star

Average call wait times this morning appeared to be 15 minutes but that was quite early on.
KK
Grafter

Maybe, like me, more and more people have given up trying.  Eventually, Plusnet will have so few customers trying to ring them that they will again be able to claim market-leading call centre wait times.
jelv
Seasoned Hero
Fixes: 10

Guys,
I'm not sure how you think your posts are going to help tony1963 - there are other topics more suited to discussing the state of Plusnet support.
@tony1963
If you haven't seen other posts about this OpenReach pay Plusnet £45 for missed appointments: http://www.openreach.co.uk/orpg/home/updates/briefings/generalbriefings/generalbriefingsarticles/gen...
Check http://www.plus.net/supportpages.html?a=212 for the current call waiting times before trying to call Plusnet.
jelv (a.k.a Spoon Whittler)
   Why I have left Plusnet (warning: long post!)   
Broadband: Andrews & Arnold Home::1 (FTTC 80/20)
Line rental: Pulse 8 Home Line Rental (£14.40/month)
Mobile: iD mobile (£4/month)
tijara33
Pro
Fixes: 6

My neighbour is a BT customer & he's had 5 missed appointments in the last 2 weeks since he moved in! The first 2 appointments were impossible to fulfill as they cabinet had NO spare capacity for fibre. This was sorted out last Monday & BT promised him an engineer on Tuesday, then Thursday & finally Friday. On no occasion did BT make any attempt to tell him that the engineer wasn't coming.
He's now expecting one on Monday but isn't holding his breath.
(Thanks for the link re comp. payments jelv, I've printed it for him. I thought of emailing him the link......duh!) Shocked
Pettitto
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Fixes: 5

Hi tony1963,
I'm really sorry that an engineer hasn't visited to complete the FTTC installation as scheduled. I've just checked our suppliers systems which shows that an engineer was unable to complete the work as there were no spare on the DSLAM unfortunately. This means that our suppliers are unable to deliver FTTC at this moment in time.
I appreciate that we should have let you know sooner, however, unfortunately our suppliers were only made aware of this on the day that the installation was due to take place. Ideally the engineer should have called to advise you of this, but it is apparent that this didn't happen on this occasion, for which I am sorry.
If you could let us know of any further dates we could re-schedule this for, we can check further to see if any DSLAM ports are available to get your service up and running for you. With regards to your letter, this has been received and will be read and replied to by our Complaints Team.