Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Fibre customer upgrade feedback/questions

foxy
Grafter

Fibre customer upgrade feedback/questions

Hi PN,
I changed my package from Unlimited to Fibre last night, but was a little dissapointed with the information as to what happens next.
Normally you send me emails telling me what I'm to expect, but this time nothing, no email and just a message saying 'we will be in touch'.
So, what would be good to know (which I couldn't find under FAQs) are the following:
How long does the process take to upgrade?
What upload speed for fibre are users expected to receive? (and can this be changed?)
Do I require new equipment to use Fibre? If I do, I assume you are going to send this? And to which address?
How long will the downtime be during migration?
That's it, if you can let me know, and I hope this feedback is useful.
James
3 REPLIES 3
mikeyriot
Grafter

Re: Fibre customer upgrade feedback/questions

Hey James, congrats on the move to fibre!
I dont know all the answers but I'll try to answer some for you.

How long does the process take to upgrade?
I dont know the current waiting times but back during the trial phase it was roughly two weeks from order to live.
What upload speed for fibre are users expected to receive? (and can this be changed?) Currently its set at 2mb with a view to offer 10mb in the future (this could also get increased when BT implement the higher frequencies but no official date yet).
Do I require new equipment to use Fibre? If I do, I assume you are going to send this? And to which address? Yes, Openreach will supply a modem via the engineer and PN will send one in the post before openreach arrive. Im assuming they'd send it to your billing address but I'd confirm with PN first.
How long will the downtime be during migration? This depends on what type of fibre you're getting. If its FTTC then 15 minutes to half hour (the length of time it takes openreach to link you to the new cab and install a new faceplate). If its FTTP then I believe none as the broadband is delivered via a new fibre line direct to your premises, meaning you can use your exisiting adsl connection right up until and after the fibre line is placed.
I hope this helps you out,
EDIT to make an easier read
Mike
orbrey
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)

Hi there,
I can see the ticket's been updated for you and the order is due for the 21st, hope that's all good - let us know if there's anything we can look at for you.
There's further detail on the fibre FAQ at http://community.plus.net/?s=fibre+faq&x=0&y=0 - apologies if you're already aware.
foxy
Grafter

Thanks for your help guys  Smiley