cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Fibre Packages thoughts

hmburg52
Grafter

Fibre Packages thoughts

I have an unlimited  business account and would love Fibre, However, the fastest speed I am likely to get is about 33Mb.  Why can't a business customer get an "up to 38Mb" package like a home customer can?  Up to 18Mb is a no brainer and I'm not going to pay for a package that cannot deliver ( unless BT move the cabinet about a mile which ain't ever gonna happen!  Come on Plusnet, I'd buy it tomorrow if it was on offer!
7 REPLIES 7
scrookes
Aspiring Pro
Fixes: 4

Re: Fibre Packages thoughts

Hi,
We can supply you with a FTTC service and that service will be profiled upto 38Mb exactly the same as the Consumer team can supply a home customer.
However, your fibre speeds are based upon the estimates given by our supplier BT Wholesale and the physical distance and characteristics of the copper line from the cabinet.
We've checked your telephone line from the website: www.dslchecker.bt.com which shows:
Telephone Number xxxxxxx on Exchange PAIGNTON is served by Cabinet 17
Exchange Code:    WWPAIG        Postcode:    TQ3 3JX
Featured Products RAG Exchange Status Reason Code Capacity Date Downstream Line Rate(Mbps) Upstream Line Rate(Mbps) Line Range in Mbps
High Low High Low
FTTC Range A (Clean) Green Enabled A - 34.7 25 7.4 5.7 -
FTTC Range B (Impacted) Green Enabled A - 27.3 14 7.1 3.3 -
Your Fibre speeds are estimated at upto 34.7Mb but can vary as indicated.
This is not something we limit, but is simply down to the overall length of copper from your Fibre enabled cabinet to your premises.
Our pricing is different to the consumer packages as we aim to deliver a better level of support and faster turn around should a fault ever arise.
Please do give us a ring on 0800 0280282 if you would like any further details.
Oldjim
Resting Legend
Fixes: 63

Steve
Is this a special as the website doesn't show that option it only gives the 80/20 option
Townman
Superuser
Superuser
Fixes: 160

Quote from: scrookes
We can supply you with a FTTC service and that service will be profiled upto 38Mb exactly the same as the Consumer team can supply a home customer.

Hi Steve,
Does that imply that despite what is offered on the business portal, an up to 38Mbps package is available at a lower cost on request?
I think the point which was being raised is that given that the user can get nowhere near 76Mbps, is there a business commercial offering (as opposed to technical doable things) cheaper than the 76Mbps package similar to that offered to residential users at 38Mbps?
Kevin
Jim said it simpler which might be why he beat me to it!

Superusers are not staff, but they do have a direct line of communication into the business in order to raise issues, concerns and feedback from the community.

scrookes
Aspiring Pro

Hi,
The business pricing is a commercial decision beyond my control.
We can supply you a service up to 40mb but at the business prices and with our service offering indicated.
I am not in a position to comment further.
hmburg52
Grafter

Steve, I think you have slightly missed the point.  I will not pay full price when a domestic customer can get a cheaper option and I am talking speed packages, not the extra support offered by business. ( This is the main reason I will not downgrade to a domestic package  ) While I fully realise a decision about costs is beyond your control, my post was meant to bring to Plusnet's  attention that I feel there is a gap in the offerings for business customers here, Maybe I am not alone in this but as I said, if you offered me a lower price package to reflect speed I would change straight away.
scrookes
Aspiring Pro

Ill have chat with marketing and see what we can do. Back in the office on Monday.
hmburg52
Grafter

anything further you can tell me about this suggestion or was it deemed not suitable?
Thanks