cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Fibre Installation cancelled due to snow

jameshalfpenny
Dabbler

Fibre Installation cancelled due to snow

My plusnet fibre service was due to be installed today, but due to the adverse weather the engineer isn't able to get here. How can I get it rearranged?
Thanks.
25 REPLIES 25
adamwalker
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team
Fixes: 221

Re: Fibre Installation cancelled due to snow

Sorry to hear about that, I'm assuming the engineer called to let you know?
I can rearrange this with our provisioning team for you. Are there any preferred dates over the course of the next few weeks or any we should avoid perhaps?
Adam
If this post resolved your issue please click the 'This fixed my problem' button
 Adam Walker
 Plusnet Help Team
jameshalfpenny
Dabbler

Yes, I got a call from someone saying they weren't able to send anyone out today. If this week, any day except tomorrow (Tues) or Thursday. Next week would be Wednesday or Friday.
Sebtomato
Rising Star
Fixes: 1

Make sure to charge BT £50 as this is a missed appointment...
orbrey
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)

Hi, looks like it's currently in for the 4th Feb at the moment, is that all alright? Please let us know if not and we'll try and get it brought forward for you.
jameshalfpenny
Dabbler

4th Feb is quite a while off isn't it? Would ideally like it a lot sooner if possible.
dick:quote
SuperSaiyan4
Grafter

Hahaha theres a little bit of snow in this country and it becomes adverse weather...I mean how adverse is the weather that the engineer cannot open a cabinet and just switch cables? Its not like theres a blizzard out there or a hurricane *facepalm*
Id aske PlusNet for compensation and look up the term 'adverse weather' to see if it truly applies in this case which it does not then go straight to Ofcom then the Telecommunications Ombundsman (sorry got a bad taste in my mouth with plusnet as they've messed me around since the first day of signing up - quick to take money but slow to act).
les37b
Grafter

Hmmm..... My install date is Wednesday. Is it possible to get reassurances on this?
Im obviously concerned about taking a days holiday at BT not turning up, given the above! (I was going to call tomorrow anyway - but this snow and reading about cancellations and proposed rebookings has got me even more concerned. If they aint coming, I need to find out before Ive wasted a days holiday. I understand there is snow on the ground - but the roads are clear and it shouldnt be an excuse.
Pettitto
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Fixes: 5

Hi les37b,
I've just checked on this for you and can see that that has been successfully booked in for you.
Appointment Status: SUCCESS
Appointment Reason: ALLOCATED
Appointment Date: 23/01/2013 12:00:00
Appointment Time Slot: PM
It looks as though BT have this booked in for you and should go through. I'm really sorry for the re-arrangement due to poor weather conditions.
les37b
Grafter

Chris. You've misunderstood.
I already know its booked for Wednesday. I'm jittery having seen numerous cancellations. I cant afford to take a day off work and the engineer not turn up, which I can see has been happening.
I know it says its booked on your system..... Im asking so someone can actually speak to BT tomorrow afternoon !
AsGoodAsItGets

Well, my fibre install was booked in for today between 1 and 6pm. I called PN this morning to confrm it was still on, because of the snow and the fact I had not had any further communication from BT or PN, and was told it would be today. Then got cut off.
Called again later, as I realised that my router had not arrived yet, and was told that a problem at the order stage meant that the router had not even been ordered! This would take up to 5 business days to get to me and until this arrived I would have to make do with a single wired connection - not good with all the wifi devices in use. Any compensation or goodwill payment for this inconvenience? No. But my £4.99 delivery charge refunded. Thanks PN.

So, stayed in all afternoon waiting for BT - and of course, no show. Another 35mins on hold to PN, to be told they do not know why BT did not show. Pretty bad show.

I really did fall for the PN marketing, and even though I know that they are owned by BT, I was (naively I guess) expecting a better level of service. Disapointing.
jameshalfpenny
Dabbler

Any update on whether my appointment can be moved forward? Obviously would like it up and running as soon as possible. Can only take so much more of my current speeds!
AsGoodAsItGets

Credit where credit's due. The router turned up first thing this morning, shortly followed by a text from PN to say it had been dispatched!
Then a call from them to say that BT had me down for an install tomorrow morning. Although not totally convenient for me, I will see what time the engineer arrives and decide then if it needs to be rescheduled.
So, on balance, I think that PN customer services deserves a pat on the back, as they have provided a good level of support once they found out there was a problem. The lady I spoke to on the phone took ownership and promised a call tomorrow afternoon to make sure everything was ok. Thank you!. It's just a shame that the order process and subsequent BT no show, tarnished my initial experience.
Here's hoping that the service, when it is up and running, is as good as I am expecting!

adamwalker
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team
Fixes: 221

@les37b
We understand your concerns but we're not able to offer any reassurance, without meaning to make that sound negative it does mean that Chris checked the notes and no indication of any issues was given. However if there are any issues with orders due to the weather then that's up to our suppliers to make a call on the day of the install as to whether its possible to continue. They would then call you if there's any issues.
@jameshalfpenny
I'm just having a look at your account now.
Adam
If this post resolved your issue please click the 'This fixed my problem' button
 Adam Walker
 Plusnet Help Team
REMOVED_ACCOUNT
Dabbler

This seems as good thread as any - My install is due on Friday (snow permitting)
My notification is for an Appt between 1-6 for line provisioning (Long story - I'm having a new line put in to escape LLU but I already have fibre so my BT Modem is already there)
Just seen that another notification states that my BB will be up and running by midnight on Sat 26th,
If that's how it is, that's how it is - but is that 24-hour delay *right*?