Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Fibre Install - Engineer Didn't Turn Up

w23
Pro
Fixes: 4

Re: Fibre Install - Engineer Didn't Turn Up

I occasionally find the previous poster a little 'blunt'* (but rarely, if ever, without good justification), I wholeheartedly agree with the preceding post.  Missed appointments (certainly posted reports about them), lack of feedback from BTO/BTW and apparent poor management & communications within those organisations do seem to have got worse over the last few months, this really does need some positive intervention at the highest possible level (CEO?)!
* only a difference in 'personal style'.  Smiley
Call me 'w23'
At any given moment in the universe many things happen. Coincidence is a matter of how close these events are in space, time and relationship.
Opinions expressed in forum posts are those of the poster, others may have different views.
Anotherone
Champion
Fixes: 21

Yes I can be a little 'blunt' when I continue to see some of the 'schoolboy errors' and identical repeat issues on this forum which don't appear to being given sufficient priority at the highest level. I used to be a bit more diplomatic, but frankly I'm getting to the point where I almost feel ashamed of being a Plusnet customer after telling all and sundry what a good ISP they are (and if it doesn't improve, that last word will change to 'were').
w23
Pro
Fixes: 4

Bluntness serves a purpose at times, I think I'm sometimes too diplomatic (don't want to rock the boat and all that) but looking at other ISP forums I'm still glad to be a PN customer (doesn't mean there's no room for improvement and should NEVER be taken as an excuse for complacency on Plusnet's part).  If another ISP offers me a better service at a better price then I'm a consumer after all (but I would look into their customer support standards first).  For me Plusnet are good but that doesn't mean they shouldn't keep trying to be better.  [Sorry to wander OT]
Fact remains that engineer 'no shows' are one of the most frustrating things for any customer, the customer only has redress from Plusnet and Plusnet must, then, have a responsibility to act upon this with 'their supplier' and if the situation doesn't improve it must be escalated until it does improve (and reach a satisfactory level - from the customer's point of view).
Your 'valliant efforts', 'Anotherone' are appreciated by many, I'm absolutely sure, keep up the good work.  Smiley
Call me 'w23'
At any given moment in the universe many things happen. Coincidence is a matter of how close these events are in space, time and relationship.
Opinions expressed in forum posts are those of the poster, others may have different views.
naib

lol, I can't believe, but again an engineer didn't showed up!! its fourth time!!!
What the heck is going up with your supplier Plusnet?
naib
mushy
Grafter

Not again, feel so sorry for you, hope some one is going to pay for the inconvenience and lost time waiting in for all the visits
Think i would have been pulling my hair out after second attempt and given up let alone it happening for the forth time.
Very poor service, PN need to pick this up and get it sorted ASAP
chrispurvey
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Fixes: 1

Hi naib,
Thank you for your time on the phone, as I mentioned I have managed to arrange a fibre engineer to attend today, once he has been let me know how it has gone.
Apologies that this is the fifth attempt, I will investigate this, but as I mentioned my priority first is to get your install completed.
naib

Hi,
At last, an engineer has just finished his work. Now I'm on Fibre Extra!! (after almost two months waiting for appointment(s) ). The download speed is around ~ 3000 kbps, upload is ~ 15000 kbps (I know I have to w8 10 days).
Thank you chrispurvey!!
naib
jelv
Seasoned Hero
Fixes: 10

It's probably your current line speed that needs lifting on this page: https://portal.plus.net/my.html?action=stable_rate
When you run a BT diagnostic speed test what does it say for the IP profile?

Edit: Alex has fixed that!
jelv (a.k.a Spoon Whittler)
   Why I have left Plusnet (warning: long post!)   
Broadband: Andrews & Arnold Home::1 (FTTC 80/20)
Line rental: Pulse 8 Home Line Rental (£14.40/month)
Mobile: iD mobile (£4/month)
lexusuk
Grafter

Hi naib,
I have updated your profile on our network to give you the full potential of your line.  Please power cycle your BT Openreach modem and Plusnet router to update your speed.
delaneya
Grafter

No sign of BT so far today. Any chance of it going to happen? 
chrispurvey
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)

@delaneya
Thank you for your time on the phone, I have created a ticket on your account and also dispatched your router today.
delaneya
Grafter

Thank you for the call. Always good to hear from someone.
adie:quote
chrispurvey
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)

Hi delaneya  ,
Let me know how the engineer visit goes today.
delaneya
Grafter

Will do. Not heard anything as of yet.
delaneya
Grafter

BT has come. Looks like my IP profile needs a poke. Thanks for the help Chris