cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Feeling so frustrated

dalisprime

Feeling so frustrated

Long story short - openzone engineer was meant to come today between 8 and 1. My housemate was in, waiting and awake at the time of the apparent visit. BT claim they tried contacting us on the phone and over the intercom, but call history on my phone says otherwise.
Now plusnet are raising a dispute in my name (because as the end user apparently I'm not allowed to contact openreach...) but I've no definite time scale of when the dispute gets resolved (and knowing bt they'll come up with some crap excuse on how they tried ringing the landline number which a) doesn't have any device attached to it and b) is not my preferrable contact number) and worse still I don't know when my broadband account gets activated. Being a correspondence student I have now suffered loss of grade because of how long the whole installation limbo has been going on for (17 days and counting). Now I'm facing a lower final grade (which for a year 3 student is VERY important) that can affect my career prospects and at the same time I'm being told I may have to fork out cash for the missed appointment.
At this point I'm seriously considering seeking legal aid because the personal loss here far outweighs whatever the heck it is bt think they will charge me via plusnet because their engineer blatantly lied about trying to get access to my property.
3 REPLIES 3
Mattz0r
Rising Star
Fixes: 1

Re: Feeling so frustrated

Hello dalisprime,
Welcome to the boards and Plusnet.
Sorry to hear that the engineer didn't visit, I've whitnessed far too many of these events. Sadly, it's all beyond Plusnet's control - Some disputes are resolved fairly quickly, others not so fast.
To be honest, you can't really rely on the internet. Do you have internet access elsewhere? Perhaps, the uni library? Sure, it's an inconvenience not having the internet at home, but it's not stopping you from gaining access to materials you require.
You can't blame Plusnet or Openreach for the fact you are facing "loss of grade points"
Only thing that you can do at this stage, is to have another appointment booked (this is the only option).
Cheers,
Matt
AndyH
Grafter

Openreach should have left a calling card and taken a picture of your front door.
Ask PN for evidence of these.
dalisprime

Quote from: Mattz0r
Hello dalisprime,
Welcome to the boards and Plusnet.
Sorry to hear that the engineer didn't visit, I've whitnessed far too many of these events. Sadly, it's all beyond Plusnet's control - Some disputes are resolved fairly quickly, others not so fast.
To be honest, you can't really rely on the internet. Do you have internet access elsewhere? Perhaps, the uni library? Sure, it's an inconvenience not having the internet at home, but it's not stopping you from gaining access to materials you require.
You can't blame Plusnet or Openreach for the fact you are facing "loss of grade points"
Cheers,
Matt

Matt the uni library is half a country away from me - hencewhy I need to rely on the internet (having access was one of the requirements). And had my account issue been adressed correctly from the get go 18 (now) days ago, I wouldn't be in the situation I am in. My services were meant to be first resumed by 23rd then 27th both of which turned out to be errors by plusnet staff.
Openreach left no calling cards as far as I could tell. None were in my mailbox at least. As for another appointment, I was only asked to pick between an am and a pm slot but not given a date because of the dispute thing.