cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Feedback regarding recent issues.

StolenLife

Feedback regarding recent issues.

Hi Chris, you were very kind a couple of years ago in getting my then 83 year father away from a very bad connection. Unfortunately he was caught up in this last outage on 18th Sept. I know it is difficult but even so the telephone support did not get him back on. Now being 85 he phones his daughter, I am not in the UK but set about trying to help. So I turn to the forums, educate myself, and tonight did the marathon two hour phone call to Dad and got him up and running.
Please note my observations; I couldn't have done it with out you guys on the forums-I thank you. However the telephone guys post on the help assist question has  "pipe drop" when I am trying to work out what I can do to help my Dad I read this and say what the hell is a pipe drop. My point is that the average user has no idea how to get to modem error code logs. My father was told that plusnet does not support Android ( he has a HP slate 21) So I got told off for buying that for him. Everyone was going on about the username and password, but he never had the opportunity to put them anywhere. As always sometime it is the most obvious things. He had connect via wifi to the modem succesfully but was telling me he was getting no internet. However this was because various apps did not function.  s When I finally got him to open his browser, he got the opportunity to use the username and password thing. It is a bit like telling someone to make a cup of tea to " fill kettle and when it is boiled put it in the teapot". Us non techies and oldies know that we have to turn on the kettle to make the water boil, but not that we have to open the browser to get the prompt page you are all thinking we already have.
Thanks Chris for trying to make things clearer for us by doing your guides.
adie:green changed topic to a more fitting title
2 REPLIES 2
MattyC
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Fixes: 46

Re: Feedback regarding recent issues.

Hi StolenLife,
Thank you telling us of your experience. I'll pass on your messages to Chris, as I don't think he is in the office today.
I can't imagine how awkward it must have been, being in a different country and trying to talk your Dad through getting back online. I'm really glad to hear the community helped though, even if there was some complex information relayed, and requested at times.
I will pop a response to your issues internally on Ticket: 92040292.
Thanks,
Matty

ex-Plusnet staffer. Any posts after 28/07/2017 aren't on behalf of Plusnet
Pettitto
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Fixes: 5

Re: Feedback regarding recent issues.

Hi StolenLife,
Sorry for the delayed response, I've been on holiday for a week Smiley
I really do remember helping you last time round, like it was yesterday, sometimes there are certain people you help that just stick! I'm glad that you've managed to get your dad up and running again following the outage.
I'm unsure if this would help you or not, but we've recently added a page to our website to help our customers to reconnect manually following an outage: http://www.plus.net/home-broadband/router-reconnect/ it could be useful to use. I've written a number of different guides which are Faults orientated here http://community.plus.net/forum/index.php/topic,119921.0.html (in case you do ever need them again) and I hope the router setup guide I sent you some time ago came in handy.
If there are any other guides you think might be useful, I'd be happy to take that feedback on board and see if we can get them written up and made available. Thanks for popping by, it's been a while, so I suspect the connection has been behaving itself for the most part! Please do let me know if I can be of any further help, I'd be happy to help if I can.