Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Feedback re Calling Customer Services

htid85
Dabbler

Feedback re Calling Customer Services

Hi,
Just a quick one - I know statistically far more people will log in to moan about bad service, than people logging in to say they're happy with things - so I thought I'd balance it up a bit.
Just wanted to say I've been with you lot for a good couple of years or more (can't remember) and I'm consistently thoroughly impressed (and I'm a bit of a whinger). We live out in the sticks so we're limited in our options, and Plusnet provide by far the best service offering and connection in this area. BT wanted the same money for a 40gb limit (Plusnet gives me 60) plus calling them is a nightmare. Sky connect is an absolute joke, and Talktalk has the worst customer service in the entire world (just in case of legal issues, I'm being hyperbolic - but they're crap).
The speed has increased several times and is plenty quick enough.
But by far the best thing is the customer service. It's so refreshing that on a Friday night I can call up, get through inside 2 minutes, speak to a bloke up north (that accent always makes me feel a little safer for some reason even though I'm a Brummie), and not only is he knowledgeable and helpful, but he actually knows what he's on about. It's nice not to have some gimp reading from a script saying "IS YOUR PC TURNED ON SIR". Furthermore, your staff actually seem to care, rather than sounding depressed and simply waiting for the shift to end.
I've had to call up perhaps 3 or 4 times in almost 3 years, with minor issues, which have all been resolved quickly and without complication.
The guy this evening managed to recognise that my issue was a wireless one on my side, probably a case of someone being on the same wi-fi channel as me nearby and it clashing. A quick scan using a commonly available program showed he was absolutely right. I've changed the channel (he talked me through each step flawlessly) and it's absolutely fine now.
So yeah - if all customer services were as well organised, pleasant, and knowledgeable as Plusnet's then life would be much easier. Good stuff.
Kind regards
Matt
3 REPLIES 3
mushy
Grafter

Re: Feedback re Calling Customer Services

Spot on there Matt and couldnt agree more, not had reason to fault PN myself either and they have always been there when needed.
Praise where it is due, well done PN
chrispurvey
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Fixes: 1

Hi htid85,
Firstly thank you for taking the time to post a very positive thread about us, you're right we generally see the negative issues on here, not all the time but you're more likely to post if you have an issue rather than everything is going fine and you're happy.
I'm glad that you're happy with yor service and the way in which we have dealt with any queries or issues you have had. This real is something we strive towards and try and give every single customer.
There is something about the northern accent, glad it's warming to you, it's not everybody's cup of tea Smiley
If there is anything you need help with or any general questions then let us know, there's entry if people on here that make the community site very welcoming a helpful.
Have a great weekend!
Chrs
Anotherone
Champion
Fixes: 21

Quote from: htid85
So yeah - if all customer services were as well organised, pleasant, and knowledgeable as Plusnet's then life would be much easier. Good stuff.

I'll agree with you there.
There's nothing wrong with the yorkshire accent either, it is better than their tea.
But sorry to disappoint you with one thing, there are a few that read from scripts.
Quote from: htid85
Furthermore, your staff actually seem to care, rather than sounding depressed and simply waiting for the shift to end.

That's is generally true as well.