cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Feedback Please: What do you want our bill/invoice to look like?

lhorwath
Grafter

Feedback Please: What do you want our bill/invoice to look like?

Hi all,
I am looking to improve how the bill/invoice we send to customers looks and the clarity of understanding it. This also includes the one you can see on the portal.
I am wanting to gather your opinion on what you would like to see and what needs clarifying/changing.
Can you please add your thoughts to this thread or email me directly.
This is purely on the ease/clarity of viewing the bill, not on any problems with billing, which is a separate project.
Thanks in advance
Luke
5 REPLIES 5
Simon_M
Grafter

Re: Feedback Please: What do you want our bill/invoice to look like?

I know that a) this isn't quite what you meant & b) that I & several others have mentioned it elsewhere, but the biggest improvement you could make to the ease of viewing the bill would be to email a pdf copy to the user, to an address of their choice (which might not be the main contact for the account, so it can go straight to the accounts dept.)
I know Bob P doesn't want his nice shiny mail server disks full of pdf files that nobody ever looks at, so I would suggest it's restricted to business accounts only. Expect the howls of protest from residential users who can make a claim on expenses though.
Maybe the answer is to make it an opt-in choice for everybody.
Anotherone
Champion
Fixes: 21

And residential users are also concerned about the security issues of that suggestion!
Edit: see http://community.plus.net/forum/index.php/topic,80873.0.html
jelv
Seasoned Hero
Fixes: 10

Just to make sure no-one gets the wrong impression, exactly how many residential users have expressed concerns about the security issues?
And for balance, how many business users have raised concerns regarding having to give the main Plusnet account password to their accounts department so that they can obtain the invoices.
jelv (a.k.a Spoon Whittler)
   Why I have left Plusnet (warning: long post!)   
Broadband: Andrews & Arnold Home::1 (FTTC 80/20)
Line rental: Pulse 8 Home Line Rental (£14.40/month)
Mobile: iD mobile (£4/month)
Anotherone
Champion
Fixes: 21

John, I'm really surprised at a remark like that from you.
For a start, I've not disagreed that for business users it may not be an issue as their details are in the public domain anyway, although for a very small private business, I'm not sure that the possibilities of their bank details getting into the public domain would be a good idea.
As for the residential/private user, you are well aware of the fact that e-mail is NOT SECURE, and the reason that there aren't many users expressing concern, is that they are not made aware enough. It's only those that are more astute to such things and those that have been scammed, skimmed or what ever that know about these. Why do you think that the Police, Trading Standards, Watchdog etc are still inundated with complaints of fraud, identity theft (the crime with the fastest increasing rate), phishing e-mails and such.
Whilst warnings are continually being pushed out, they are not getting to a large enough audience unfortunately.
All I'm suggesting is that there could be an alternative to e-mail that doesn't actually compromise security and satisfies the business user - a bit of thought "outside the box?". A bit of a no-brainer really!
Edit: Further more I did provide a link to the thread that was raised on this issue http://community.plus.net/forum/index.php/topic,80873.0.html discussion on these points should be continued there, not here .... which was a topic started by a member of PN staff asking what the Invoice should look like.
jelv
Seasoned Hero
Fixes: 10

As Chris hasn't actually answered the questions posed above:
Quote from: jelv
Just to make sure no-one gets the wrong impression, exactly how many residential users have expressed concerns about the security issues?

One
Quote from: jelv
And for balance, how many business users have raised concerns regarding having to give the main Plusnet account password to their accounts department so that they can obtain the invoices.

Many

In any case, business users have been asking for this for many years. Isn't the customer always right (even when he's wrong)? If that's what business users are demanding (and it's not a technical impossibility - in fact it should be easy), Plusnet should provide the option.
jelv (a.k.a Spoon Whittler)
   Why I have left Plusnet (warning: long post!)   
Broadband: Andrews & Arnold Home::1 (FTTC 80/20)
Line rental: Pulse 8 Home Line Rental (£14.40/month)
Mobile: iD mobile (£4/month)