cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Fed up!!!!

torbayguy
Grafter

Fed up!!!!

I was told broadband and phoneline will be active 1st April... APRIL FOOL!!
Then due to a bt cock up, I had to have a new line installation, so I was told another 5-7 days for broadband, after my line was 'installed'.
That would have taken me upto the 7th April.
HOWEVER
I have now been given a broadband activation date of 14th April!!!
I am getting quite annoyed now.
I have been promised all sorts of things since my original sign up to plusnet, back in the middle of March, and none have materialised!!
Not only that, I have a pending direct debit for £11.25 as my first payment, yet the plusnet website informed me, when I originally signed up, that my first payment would be for £18.99.
Obviously Im not complaining its cheaper, however, I have a feeling that plusnet are going to say its the first payment for the PHONELINE and that another payment will be taken for the BROADBAND.
However as i wasen't actually informed this would be the case, then it shouldn't happen.... right?
On top of that, when I signed up, the website said there was an offer for 3 months free.
That hasen't been mentioned at all to me since!!
And on top of all that, the caller display wasent active on my line, so yesterday I phoned plusnet and spoke to a foreign guy, and asked him to activate it.
What was his reply?
'Your broadband will be active on the 14th April sir'
In otherwords, he didn't understand a word I was saying!!
Im fed up, and thinking about cutting my loses before its to late and signing up to o2.

From one very unhappy customer!!
15 REPLIES 15
socratez

Re: Fed up!!!!

Sorry to hear this, it seems I am not the only one with bad PlusNet experience (see my post of 2 April). I've been waiting for more than 1 month now, if it makes you feel any better Smiley
I share the same experience as you regarding their calling centre. Each time I call them to sort out my (non-existent yet) service, they respond about something else and I find it difficult to have a proper conversation with most of the people at the other end of the support line. (PlusNet wasn't like that a few years back; looks like the BT takeover and a few $M quid has left its marks).
I've also registered on-line while their offers were active and there has been no mention of it to date!
I have requested a copy of their T&C liabilities and obligations as they have missed the "service commit date" which they published, but no response, as I imagined.
Not impressed and I will be taking this to Ofcom and beyond.
Moominfish
Grafter

I reckon if you lot went about things the right way instead of the wrong way you'd get a lot more help and support than you get now!
I know lots of people who have migrated over from VM (Virgin Media) who haven't had many if any problems since coming over and this support everyone moans about is here you just need to know where to look instead of moaning all the time!
orbrey
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)

@torbayguy, it looks like there was a delay when providing the new line which has caused the broadband order to be delayed, however on checking your tickets you were informed of this on the 29th March? I'm sorry it's taking so long.
@socratez, I notice you mention a business line has been installed - unfortunately we can't place an order for a residential broadband service on a business phone line, which is why this hasn't been used. I'll get one of our provisioning guys to chase this for you and update you first thing in the morning.
socratez

@ Matt Taylor: Thanks for responding and for chasing this up.
Just to clarify that I did not ask for broadband over my business line. I have applied for PlusNet broadband + a new home phone line (my personal, 2nd line), which has been taking for ever. I used the example of my business line to indicate that I now have a master socket in the house and therefore the delay in providing the requested services does not make any sense. 
@ Moominfish: What makes you think I have not followed the 'right way'? People also moan when they do not receive a service they have paid for. I have not heard anything from PlusNet for 2 weeks now (they went completely idle/silent) although I have filed 2 tickets with updates. They were prompt to charge me £49.99 though.
Just ridiculous.
orbrey
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)

Hi Socratez,
I've got someone looking at that for you now and will update shortly. Sorry for the delay, and understood on the business line - I'll make sure we get things moving as fast as we can.
torbayguy
Grafter

Matt, if you read my post, you will see that I said I knew about the reason for the new line installation, even if it isnt really my problem.
I was told, and PROMISED at the time that I would have my broadband connected and running by 7th April at the very latest.
However I have since been told that I will be connected on 14th April.
Matt, please re-read my post.
You also made no mention of the cocked up payments, that are guaranteed by direct debit guarantee I might add.
Moomin..
No offence, but before you wade in, get your facts right.
orbrey
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)

Quote from: torbayguy
HOWEVER
I have now been given a broadband activation date of 14th April!!!

Yes, I was saying that you were given this date on the 29th of March rather than the 6th of April (as your post infers).
Not only that, I have a pending direct debit for £11.25 as my first payment, yet the plusnet website informed me, when I originally signed up, that my first payment would be for £18.99.
Obviously Im not complaining its cheaper, however, I have a feeling that plusnet are going to say its the first payment for the PHONELINE and that another payment will be taken for the BROADBAND.
However as i wasen't actually informed this would be the case, then it shouldn't happen.... right?

That will be the case as you're ordering phone and broadband. If you've ordered both surely you would expect to pay for both even if you aren't specifically told so?
On top of that, when I signed up, the website said there was an offer for 3 months free.
That hasen't been mentioned at all to me since!!

If you signed up via the landing page for that offer you should get the 3 months free automatically. If you didn't then I'll see what I can do for you once the service goes active, that won't be a problem.
And on top of all that, the caller display wasent active on my line, so yesterday I phoned plusnet and spoke to a foreign guy, and asked him to activate it.
What was his reply?

Sorry about that - I'll make sure that feedback is passed on. With regard to the caller display it looks like this should now be active - please let me know if not and I'll get that sorted.
torbayguy
Grafter

Quote from: Matt
Yes, I was saying that you were given this date on the 29th of March rather than the 6th of April (as your post infers).

No Matt, on the 29th March, I was told there had been a cock up with the number port order, and that it was easier to arrange a new line, but waive the connection fee.
Which was fine.
I asked if my broadband would still be active on the 1st April, the line connection date.
I was told no, but the chap PROMISED it would be connected within 5 - 7 days of the line going active, meaning by the end of play on 7th April.
A few days ago I then receive a text from plusnet saying the broadband would be active on 14th April, a whole week later than promised, and a whole 2 weeks later than originally promised.
You might think it isnt a big deal, but it is when I rely on email for work.
That will be the case as you're ordering phone and broadband. If you've ordered both surely you would expect to pay for both even if you aren't specifically told so?

Obviously I expect to pay for both, and am happy to do so, however I was told the payment would be taken the day my order was put through.
I was also told the first payment would be £18.99 taken via my DEBIT CARD and not direct debit, and I was also told that the line and broadband would be a combined bill for both.
My arguement is not about money, which I am quite happy to pay, it is about plusnet not seeming to have a clue what they are doing!
That is why I left my previous supplier, and why I may possibly leave plusnet if this shambles continues!
If you signed up via the landing page for that offer you should get the 3 months free automatically. If you didn't then I'll see what I can do for you once the service goes active, that won't be a problem.

Ok thankyou.
Sorry about that - I'll make sure that feedback is passed on. With regard to the caller display it looks like this should now be active - please let me know if not and I'll get that sorted.

Nope, still no caller display.
jim:orange I think I have got the quotes sorted to get round quoting the previous post in full and getting the intention across mod:end
torbayguy
Grafter

Sorry the above post isnt to clear, I havent got used to the quote thing yet!
torbayguy
Grafter

Matt if you have a minute, read through a previous thread I made, it explains my point on this thread abit more clearly.
Thanks.
http://community.plus.net/forum/index.php/topic,84426.0.html
pierre_pierre
Grafter

its clear enough, but if you were only meaning to highlight the bit about caller display, you should have highlighted that and posted it inside the quote bit (the second radio button from right.
as you newish, it is against forum rule to do a full quote of the immediately preceding post.
go back and edit it, you can delete the top half of the quote, if you keep the top line, it will refer back to the origin
My caller display is working OK, but it took BT a few days to put the system back after I transferred
torbayguy
Grafter

Thanks Pierre.
I was trying to answer each point, tried to 'quote' each 1, but it came through as it did!
I'll figure it out!
pierre_pierre
Grafter

[quote from: torbayguy on 06/04/2010, 13:12]
What was his reply?

this is how it would come out just answering the caller display part, Mat did as I said but with each individual part.
To make it simpler, do the quote in full, then copy it frm your replay window and past it into say wordpad, play around with it and copy it back to the reply window
orbrey
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)

Hi torbayguy,
Right, going through all this and I think I can explain what's gone on.
The broadband didn't activate because the simultaneous order was rejected - it was going through fine following the VIC (number port) request being accepted, but TalkTalk bought Tiscali in between the VIC being accepted and the order placed off the back of that being approved. This meant that your provider had changed, which is why the order itself wasn't accepted.
This in turn meant that we needed to place a new order for the phone service, which needed to be activated as soon as possible in order to prevent it being ceased by TalkTalk (given that you'd already requested cancellation). Because of this we needed to expedite the order, which meant that we couldn't place another simultaneous order as there wasn't the lead time necessary. It did however mean that you didn't have to pay for the new line to be installed (which would have been £49.99).
Following on from this, the broadband order was placed on the 2nd April and required 5-6 working days (you should have been informed that this was working days, I'm sorry that you weren't - some more feedback for us to pass on). Given the long weekend with 2 bank holidays 5-7 days takes us through to the 13th April which is when your order is due to complete. I realise it says that the account will activate on the 14th, this is because it can take some time for us to receive the notification that the order is complete.
As regards the fees, if we had been able to place a simultaneous order we'd have been able to charge both of these at the same time (the line rental fee and the first months subscription for the broadband) but now that the orders have been placed separately unfortunately the charges will be too.
As I said before I'll get something sorted regarding the offer and the caller display is showing as active as of 1am this morning. It won't show on the account yet but it should be working. Once more apologies for the delay there.
I hope that clears some things up, there's no doubt that this has not been the smoothest order in the world and we haven't helped that by setting your expectations incorrectly. Most of those issues have been addressed by Mand when she investigated this but the remainder I'll be taking up today.
I'm sorry about the experience you've had and hope we improve on it as things go on. Thanks very much for being patient.