cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Fault Team Refusing to Call Me Back

sea138
Dabbler

Fault Team Refusing to Call Me Back

Had a BT engineer visit on 7 October following a period of heavy disconnections - up to 20 in a few hours. They couldn't find any faults, despite not inspecting the cabling outside of my property! Plusnet has restricted my connection speed and instead of connecting at 5.5mb I can now only connect at 2. However, the fault team claimed the speeds would be reset from 24 to 72 hours after 14 October, but have seen no difference. Despite calling the support desk on numerous occasions over the past few days, with promises to ensure they would call me back, I have heard nothing. This is the last addition to my ticket, with no attempt to update since;
We have added your line to a trial with BT which allows us to disable the dynamic line management system in your local exchange for your line. This means we can choose how your line is configured manually. I have set the line to optimise the speed of the connection and this will cause your sync rate to increase during the course of the next 24 hours. Although the line sync speed will improved immediately once the profile change goes through it can take up to 72 hours for you to notice a difference in speed at your side. This is due to the time it takes for the line speed profiles on both BT systems at the exchange and speed profiles on our network to synchronise. We will now monitor your line to ensure this completes successfully and will contact you to confirm.
Could somebody start treating me with the customer service which you claim to have on your current tv and radio advertising campaigns.
20 REPLIES 20
adamwalker
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team
Fixes: 221

Re: Fault Team Refusing to Call Me Back

sea138,
I'm sorry to hear that this issue is taking a while to resolve. I'll intervene and do what I can get get some more attention and urgency given to your fault.
After looking at the notes on your ticket I would argue that no one has refused to call you but I can identify at least a couple of points in time where picking up the phone would have been the best thing to do.
I'll begin dealing with your fault now and will ensure someone gets in touch by phone today.
Adam.
If this post resolved your issue please click the 'This fixed my problem' button
 Adam Walker
 Plusnet Help Team
adamwalker
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team
Fixes: 221

This is just a quick update to say that your fault has been directly assigned to a member of the faults team for ownership so we'll keep you updated.
If this post resolved your issue please click the 'This fixed my problem' button
 Adam Walker
 Plusnet Help Team
sea138
Dabbler

Well a fat lot of good that promise did - yet again a promise that somebody would call me that day and nobody did. At least this is in writing this time for the whole www to view.
And why, so many days on, has nobody had the problem assigned to them?!
Beware all plunet customers - if you get a fault, the relevant team WILL refuse to take it seriously and WILL NOT call you back as promised.
Disgusting. Absolutely disgusting.
Chris
Legend
Fixes: 169

Sorry that you didn't receive a call, let me catch up with the agent who has taken this on as they have left a note on your account which says 'As per my message', so it may be that he's tried to call and leave a voicemail. He's also said he'll call you again today.
Former Plusnet Staff member. Posts after 31st Jan 2020 are not on behalf of Plusnet.
jelv
Seasoned Hero
Fixes: 10

@sea138 It would be worth you double checking that the telephone numbers shown against you account details are correct.
jelv (a.k.a Spoon Whittler)
   Why I have left Plusnet (warning: long post!)   
Broadband: Andrews & Arnold Home::1 (FTTC 80/20)
Line rental: Pulse 8 Home Line Rental (£14.40/month)
Mobile: iD mobile (£4/month)
sea138
Dabbler

Turns out, despite during nearly every one of my 20+ calls to the support desk that I asked them to call on my mobile, they were calling my home number!
Still no improvement despite the claims.......what have you done to my connection speed?!
orbrey
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)

Hi Sea138,
It looks from your tickets that one of our faults agents has taken personal control of this issue as of the afternoon of the 19th and in fact states that a voice mail was left on your mobile number as well as your land line number at around 6pm yesterday.
Your profile should now have updated as per the other open ticket on your account, sometimes it's necessary to reboot the router in order to pick up the change - have you tried this since the profile updated late last night/early this morning?
sea138
Dabbler

Why are you still ignoring my tickets? The disconnections are still happening and noone has bothered to reply to me since my request of three days ago.
orbrey
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)

Hi sea138,
I can see the connection's gone intermittent again, I'm just testing this for you now and will get it reraised. I'll also make sure someone on the faults team takes ownership of this for you.
I'm sorry we didn't pick up on that and will certainly be chasing it with the faults team.
I assume the issue is still the same with the router in the master or test socket and everything else removed from the line? I realise you've tried this before but as the previous fault has now been closed it'll be treated as a separate fault from the last one even if it is a continuation of the same problem, so the same tests are required again I'm afraid.
Dom
Grafter

If you don't mind, if/when you find a resolution to the problem, could you post it here? It sounds familiar to a problem we've been having for the last few months, so any info on causes/resolutions might help me figure out what's wrong with our line. Cheers!
sea138
Dabbler

Why has the original fault been closed? That is SCANDALOUS without my authority!!!
dick:red All caps post edited as per forum rules
Dom
Grafter

From my experience the tickets get closed automatically after a few days of inactivity. However, I think PN send out an email letting you know that the ticket will be closed within such-and-such a time frame if they don't hear from you.
orbrey
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)

Hi sea138,
As has been mentioned several times on these forums, there's a 5 day timeout on all faults we raise to our supplier (that's not the ticket, it's the fault itself). If we don't advise that the fault is ongoing within 5 days, the fault is automatically closed. As you advised on the 21st October on your ticket that you were satisfied with your speeds of over 8Mb/s the fault has timed out of its own accord I'm afraid.
Dom
Grafter

I'd donate a child for speeds of over 8Mbps. Sad