cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Failed Installation

Exdee
Grafter

Failed Installation

Appointment today for 1-6. Engineer arrived 15 minutes ago. Plugged something into the BT socket and went off to the cabinet. Came back 10 minutes later and pronounced that he can't find the 'D' side and it's too dark.
'Sorry mate, can't do it'
I don't know whether I should be pleased that somebody did turn up eventually or upset that he didn't do anything. Anyhow internet is kind of a big deal in my house and before everybody starts shouting and yelling at me I was wondering if it's possible to get ADSL up and running meanwhile. As far as I am aware we have been moved over to the plusnet network from Sky LLU.
26 REPLIES 26
Kelly
Hero
Fixes: 9

Re: Failed Installation

uuum.. if we've got an order open for fibre, we may not be able to raise another order.  Someone with more clues will have a look for you tomorrow though.
Sorry about the cock up there 😕
Kelly Dorset
Ex-Broadband Service Manager
Exdee
Grafter

Thanks Kelly.
Can one of the Plusnet Staff members confirm if a morning slot has been booked in for me for Friday the 18th so I can book my day off?
Also the Caller ID is not working. How to fix that?
Smiley
Pettitto
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Fixes: 5

Hi there,
I'm still in the office Smiley
I've just taken a quick look for you, I can see that Martin is personally keeping an eye on this for you and will update you once he receives confirmation that 18/01/2013 has been booked, he is awaiting a confirmation response from our suppliers.
Martin will update Ticket: 64561443 once he gets a response. Sorry for the delay with that.
Caller ID issue:
Does it work with a different handset at all?
Exdee
Grafter

Thank you for your prompt response. I look forward to hearing from Martin. I haven't tried a different headset.
Will give it a shot and get back to you.
Exdee
Grafter

I was observant today and looks like some calls come through fine and others don't display the number. I am guessing that international calls just appear as 'calling'. Can somebody confirm this please? Also I have made a few phone calls since activation but 'My account' does not show any of these. I understand that there is a delay of 24 hours but there should be at least some phone calls in there from day before yesterday.
Kelly
Hero
Fixes: 9

Sometimes they can take longer than that, but it is usually 24-48 hrs.
Kelly Dorset
Ex-Broadband Service Manager
Exdee
Grafter

My second appointment is for today between 8 and 1. The rest of England is back on its feet today but BT Openreach engineers can't be trusted. Can some kind soul please confirm if BT Openreach are working today and more importantly if they intend to visit me?
I don't want to sit at home till 1 and have the engineer not show up. I would rather have confirmation that he's not coming and be on my way to work.
Thanks
Exdee
Grafter

Coincy..
Just received a phone call from the engineer to say he wasn't coming. Off to work now.  Smiley
adamwalker
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team
Fixes: 221

I'm glad at least you received a call to let you know about that.
If this post resolved your issue please click the 'This fixed my problem' button
 Adam Walker
 Plusnet Help Team
Exdee
Grafter

Is it possible for someone to get me a new date from BT now? I am in desperate need of internet.  Cry
I don't mind what date it is. Has to be ASAP and preferably the morning slot please.
adamwalker
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team

I'm just picking that up with a member of our provisioning team now. I'll aim to get you a new date for the install as soon as we can.
Adam
EDIT: I've just learned that I'll need to revisit this tomorrow for you as we'll need to wait for a "tentative appointment" to be offered on our suppliers systems which can take up to 24 hours, hang in there and I'll be in touch tomorrow.
If this post resolved your issue please click the 'This fixed my problem' button
 Adam Walker
 Plusnet Help Team
Exdee
Grafter

Thanks Adam.
adamwalker
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team

No worries, I'll make sure you get sorted.
 Adam Walker
 Plusnet Help Team
Exdee
Grafter

I've had a phone call from Openreach and they've offered me 30th January now. Obviously I am not happy about this and they've asked me to contact my service provider. I've been without Internet for 8 days now due to no fault of my own. I expect this to be resolved as soon as possible. This is a chance to provide me with good customer service, perhaps makes some calls and contact some people higher up the pecking order at Openreach.