cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Facebook page

max10000

Facebook page

Hi
I was busy replying to a comment on your Facebook page but I seem to have been blocked. A copy of the facebook thread is now also on the Which forums.
Can you explain why you've blocked me please?
Thanks
Max
4 REPLIES 4
MattyC
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Fixes: 46

Re: Facebook page

Hi Max,
It's not me on Facebook today, but you have been blocked due to the excessive posting. It clogs up our notification feed and hinders our ability to help out other customers who have commented on a status. We have a process where we keep evidence of the reasoning behind blocking anyone, so I have attached a screenshot of the 12 comments posted in 13 minutes (whilst omitting other names).
Hope this clarifies.
Matty

EDIT: Reattached the file.
ex-Plusnet staffer. Any posts after 28/07/2017 aren't on behalf of Plusnet
max10000

Would it not have been easier to explain that to me before blocking?
MattyC
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Fixes: 46

To be completely honest, no it wouldn't have been. It's a process that has been discussed amongst the department recently.
The most simple resolution to making the feed seem normal, hence helping us to prioritise customers, is to block the excessive posts regarding the same issue. This is similar to the Community Forum rules:
Spamming is the act of posting multiple responses that add little to the ongoing discussion, this will not be tolerated.

As a side note, it seems that your line was instantly chronically banded following engineer appointment. We've changed that and it seems that you are now syncing at higher speeds. Hope this helps.
Matty
ex-Plusnet staffer. Any posts after 28/07/2017 aren't on behalf of Plusnet
max10000

So PlusNet delivering bad service is acceptable but "spamming" your forums is not? Where do you define what constitutes spamming? Please restore my facebook posting rights.