cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

FTTC

mapletree
Grafter

FTTC

When I phoned up to order FTTC I was told that I had to move my phone service to PN as well, otherwise I could not have fibre.  Looking at your web pages there is no such restriction mentioned.  Please can you clarify this?
14 REPLIES 14
Strat
Community Veteran
Fixes: 565

Re: FTTC

not according to this...
You'll need a Plusnet or other BT based landline to get our fibre broadband.

http://www.plus.net/fibre-broadband/broadband/
However
Fibre installation fee
There's a £50 one-off installation fee, which covers the cost of connecting your Plusnet fibre broadband service.
Want free installation?
Take fibre broadband, and add one of our phone packages to get free fibre broadband installation.
We'll even include a wireless router worth £40 - just pay for the P&P (£4.99).
Windows 10 Firefox 109.0 (64-bit)
To argue with someone who has renounced the use of reason is like administering medicine to the dead - Thomas Paine
mapletree
Grafter

So why did the agent tell me otherwise (more than once)?  I didn't mind moving since I was unhappy with BT, but it is slightly more expensive with PN.
Strat
Community Veteran
Fixes: 565

Plusnet's 12 month line rental deal is better value than BT's.
Windows 10 Firefox 109.0 (64-bit)
To argue with someone who has renounced the use of reason is like administering medicine to the dead - Thomas Paine
mapletree
Grafter

I'm not on any of BT standard phone packages AFAIK.  I got offered extra discount when they made a total pigs ear of things last year.
drj
Aspiring Pro
Fixes: 1

Quote from: Strat
Plusnet's 12 month line rental deal is better value than BT's.

For some - not for others... Dearer for me than BT for an equivalent service.
bobpullen
Community Gaffer
Community Gaffer
Fixes: 315

Quote from: mapletree
So why did the agent tell me otherwise (more than once)?  I didn't mind moving since I was unhappy with BT, but it is slightly more expensive with PN.

Sorry about that. What day was it you spoke you us?

Bob Pullen
Plusnet Product Team
If I've been helpful then please give thanks ⤵

mapletree
Grafter

It was probably the evening of the 26th since the ticket on my account appeared on the 27th.  I didn't catch the name of the person I spoke to.
mapletree
Grafter

Also the new router has not arrived yet  Cry
orbrey
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)

Hi mapletree,
Bob's fed back regarding the agent you talked to, and we're chasing the router to see what's happening. Unfortunately the warehouse staff have left for the day now but I'll get you an update as soon as we can tomorrow.
mapletree
Grafter

Thanks.  Someone phoned me a little earlier and we discussed the problem with the lack of router (ticket 51433847).
I did not realize that you send out the routers at the last possible moment so it is likely they will be late if the post is not as quick as expected.  If I'd known this I would have ordered another one but it's too late to do this now. Angry
I am trying to find out whether any of my ADSL routers will work as a stop gap but, owing to my LAN configuration, I can't do without a router.
mapletree
Grafter

According to the member centre the router hasn't even been shipped yet  Angry
mapletree
Grafter

I've just had an update on my ticket to say that the router has only just been shipped and it will take 3-5 working days.  My BT appointment is TODAY so there is absolutely NO chance it will arrive in time unless you are using Matt Smith to deliver it   Angry Angry Angry Angry Angry
orbrey
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)

Hi mapletree,
Not sure what was going on with the updates there, but we're seeing that router plugged in and configured via the TR69 platform and you're showing as connected? Please let us know if you've not received it.
mapletree
Grafter

Somehow the router did arrive today but not until after the OR engineer had started work. He had already left to look for an alternative router for me.  For the future please send out routers a bit sooner!