Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

FTTC Upgrade Experience

gswindale
Grafter

FTTC Upgrade Experience

Here goes:
Placed an order to upgrade to FTTC on 9th December with today being chosen as the lucky day; with the 8am-1pm timeslot being selected.
Received text message on Monday 15th stating that my new router was in the post - however on checking my tickets; that was just the order being placed.  Looking at my tickets; it doesn't seem that the router was despatched until Tuesday - work needed here by PN in ensuring that all systems are tied in and giving the same information.
Thursday 18th December - had a text message from Michael at OR at approx 11:30am explaining that he was stuck on another job and would we be in all day - replied stating this was fine.
12:05pm - router finally arrived - I would have been somewhat happier had this actually been despatched on Monday (or possibly even earlier) as I was getting concerned that the OR engineer would turn up and install the modem and I'd not have anything to connect with!
3:30pm - internet down and another text from Michael advising he was on his way and had just connected the fibre to the line at the cabinet.
By 4:45pm he had been and gone and everything should have been setup - his tests were 60Mbps down and 18Mbps up.
Attempted to connect and was simply face to face with a PN Router page wanting my login details - tried entering and it seemed to accept; but got stuck in an endless loop here.
Gave the router a factory reset and all now seems fine.
Speed test just now gives me 2.93Mbps Down and 15.95 Up; so ticket 96449337 raised to see if my profile needs a nudge.
All in all; OR cannot be faulted (yet!) for the installation process; however PN could sharpen up their act a little - I'm sure most people would rather have a new router hanging around for a few days rather than worry about whether or not it's actually going to turn up in time!
7 REPLIES 7
Mayfly
All Star
Fixes: 1

Re: FTTC Upgrade Experience

Interesting, I signed up to upgrade to fibre date for install 15th Jan. Within an hour or so I had an email saying my router had been dispatched but reading what you said I checked my ticket and again it seems that it is only to confirm my change of product.
Thinking about it as I have 14 days from tomorrow to change my mind I suppose it's not surprising that they won't send it until after those 2 weeks are up.
PeterLoftus
Pro
Fixes: 5

When I had my FTTC upgrade the OR engineer rang up to ask directions but arrived around nine and was gone around ten including the visit to the cabinet and fitting a mk3 socket
Two comments the router is plug and play and didn't for me require any input of passwords and you can connect your computer direct to the OR modem in extremis  Smiley
To do is to be - Neitzsche
To be is to do - Kant
do be do be do - Sinatra
gswindale
Grafter

And to update I am now getting 36.54Mbps Down and 17.49Mbps Up according to the Speedtest result a short while ago - more than happy with this as I'm on the 40/20 package.
Router does seem a little flakey mind and am looking into replacing it with a decent model - just a shame my old Netgear DG2200V3 doesn't have a WAN port option for any of the LAN connections.
Mayfly
All Star
Fixes: 1

Hope mine change goes as smoothly.  Smiley
adamwalker
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team
Fixes: 221

Thanks for the feedback @geofftswin and sorry to hear about the teething troubles with your fibre connection.
I've dropped a reply to ticket 96449337 for you with some advice as everything seems to be in order with your account details including the profile.
If this post resolved your issue please click the 'This fixed my problem' button
 Adam Walker
 Plusnet Help Team
gswindale
Grafter

Hi Adam,
Many thanks - having been away for the weekend; everything seems to be fine now.  Just guessing it took a little while for everything to adjust.
adamwalker
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team
Fixes: 221

OK great, cheers for letting us know.
If this post resolved your issue please click the 'This fixed my problem' button
 Adam Walker
 Plusnet Help Team