cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

FTTC Broadband Installation Poll

mushy
Grafter

FTTC Broadband Installation Poll

Since we seem to be getting a few missed or incomplete installations at the first attempt i thought it would be interesting to get an idea of the % that had a good and bad experience for those of us that are thinking of joining PN or waiting to upgrade.
9 REPLIES 9
mcintoshuk
Rising Star
Fixes: 1

Re: FTTC Broadband Installation Poll

I see a few people complaining about failed or missed OR appointments, but I think it's just the way of things that people are inspired to speak up when things go wrong but don't see the need to do so when everything goes to plan.
I was booked for an 8AM -1PM slot. Around 8:10 the engineer 'phoned: "I'm in the exchange and just about to switch you over.  Your line will go off for a little while.  I'll be with you in about 15-20 minutes".  He was at the door just before 8:30 and started doing his line tests, asked where the modem was going, and offered to mount it on the wall for me (saved me the bother).  Biggest hiccup was when he found that he'd left the new faceplate in his van and had to nip out to get it.  He was off to the next job by 9:10.  No dramas.
Jonesey42
Dabbler

The same as mcintoshuk for me. Installation and setup was faultless.
cairn

I think this poll is misleading .On the one hand it refers to appointments missed  and on the other it refers to how many visits to complete..
In my case the job was completed on the first visit but as a result of the third appointment as the first two were missed!!! Undecided Undecided
w23
Pro
Fixes: 4

Maybe rewording it to 'First Appointment' etc. rather than 'First Visit' etc. would be better.
Mine was faultless at the first appointment (though the engineer was 10 minutes late (1:10pm for an 8am to 1pm timeslot), mine was also over a year ago and may not reflect the current situation.
Call me 'w23'
At any given moment in the universe many things happen. Coincidence is a matter of how close these events are in space, time and relationship.
Opinions expressed in forum posts are those of the poster, others may have different views.
mushy
Grafter

Noted and Updated  Smiley
jelv
Seasoned Hero
Fixes: 10

It would be interesting to hear if the results of this poll are similar to what Plusnet are seeing - 25% needing more than one appointment. If that is the case it's pretty dire and I really wonder why BT are pushing ahead with the rollout when they obviously haven't got the processes/resources/engineer training right!
jelv (a.k.a Spoon Whittler)
   Why I have left Plusnet (warning: long post!)   
Broadband: Andrews & Arnold Home::1 (FTTC 80/20)
Line rental: Pulse 8 Home Line Rental (£14.40/month)
Mobile: iD mobile (£4/month)
James
Grafter

I'm not aware of the actual figures, but did see on Monday that Openreach had employed another 250 engineers from the armed forces to assist with the fibre deployment.
Strat
Community Veteran
Fixes: 565

400 here a couple of months ago.
Windows 10 Firefox 109.0 (64-bit)
To argue with someone who has renounced the use of reason is like administering medicine to the dead - Thomas Paine
Anotherone
Champion
Fixes: 21

This poll is in danger of slipping off the Radar!! Hint Hint.