Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

FAilure to fix a problem

stuartdc1966
Hooked
Fixes: 1

FAilure to fix a problem

Issue first raised on 18 Febraury 2018, about my broadband dropping out!

Engineer been out so often on first name terms with him. Even spoke to the BT technical help desk!

Issue still not fixed!!! Line still unstable, The issue seems beyond BT!!!

Have tried to raise a new question - internal fault in the PlusNet site!!!

Online chat never available

Telephone line constantly busy, currently been listening to the lift music for 20 minutes!

No indication of where in the queue I am

No way of raising an online complaint, 

Also at no point has PlusNet rebated my monthly payment, they fail to provide the service and keep on charging

Any advice?  

6 REPLIES 6
Battlefieldguy1
Dabbler

Re: FAilure to fix a problem

Hi i have had the same problem with this issue too it started with dropouts and got fixed, it lasted a week then broke again. 2nd month in and its still not working right even though engineers have been out and said it has been fixed - its not , i have now got a stable connection but what ever they have done it has now resulted in very slow speeds, and im still paying full price for something they are not giving me . 

i feel your pain Sad

Townman
Superuser
Superuser
Fixes: 160

@stuartdc1966

You declared your issue resolved here https://community.plus.net/t5/Fibre-Broadband/Slow-Fibre-Speed/m-p/1440956#M59834 on 17th May.  If you have since found that it is not, you'd be better off posting an update there ... and remove the fix you awarded yourself.

Where there has been an agreed LOST of service, refunds are usually given at the time that the service is restored.  This is a matter to be discussed with a staffer around here.

Superusers are not staff, but they do have a direct line of communication into the business in order to raise issues, concerns and feedback from the community.

Townman
Superuser
Superuser

@Battlefieldguy1,

Similarly you have reported an issue here - https://community.plus.net/t5/Fibre-Broadband/Re-Moved-from-Unlimited-Fibre-to-Fibre-Extra-no-change... - for which there is no indication of progress.  Did you manage to get an engineer appointment last September?

If you have a re-emerging issue (which might be likely as a line only capable of delivering 16mbps on FTTC is not likely to be a good line) the you too would be better off adding new comments to your existing topic.

Superusers are not staff, but they do have a direct line of communication into the business in order to raise issues, concerns and feedback from the community.

stuartdc1966
Hooked
Fixes: 1

Dear Townman

Please read the dates, the line speed was in May 2017 and was resolved.

The new issue of line drop out started in February 2018 and has been ongoing now for over months.

2 Engineer visits, manual cap imposed on the line by BT technical department and still the line drops out!

The problem seems to have defeated the technical abilities of BT!

PlusNet not going the extra mile!

Townman
Superuser
Superuser

Hi Stuart,

I did read the dates.  The point here is that returning to that topic shows context - that your line has a history of issues - which might point to something more than a simple issue today.  I've had a few long-running repeated line failure issues and in the end, proper resolution only comes about by looking at everything in context.  In some areas BTOR's local infrastructure is well past its sell by date.

Battlefieldguy1
Dabbler

Hi  @Townman yeah i did get an engineer that time and everything got sorted my avg speed was up to 25-26 download and about 4 upload up until the last 2 months where ive had dropouts and very slow speeds last week i had an enginner come out to my house and fix a little black box on the side of my house because it was a copperline impairment ( internal wiring ok )

He left saying it was fixed and speeds would return to normal ,i gave it a few days and my download was about 7 which with a busy house hold isnt good as ive got kids and wife and myself on gadgets Sad and upload was ok  just under 4  , i really dont know whats going on with it i just want it resolved - i also went to a complaints advisor about this and spoke to him and he said they would try their best to get it sorted which i do believe , but i think the problem is with openreach whatever it is that they do to fix internet , to be honest i dont think they have done enough . 

ive left a screen shot of what im getting today

Moderator's note by Mike (Mav): Post released from Spam Filter.