cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

FAO Matt Taylor - Compensation

Butti

FAO Matt Taylor - Compensation

Matt,
Thanks for guiding me over from MSE Forum.
You should be able to find my saga from the question reference [40010745]
Briefly I applied for broadband at the end of November and was given a telephone installation date of 17 December 2010.  Snow delayed installation and it was put back to 7 January.  Upon arrival it appeared NTL had nicked the BT cable so a new cable had to be sorted.  I had ordered ethernet broadband but it turned out I should have ordered wireless.  I had two arguments with your customer service people where they told me they had sent out the ethernet kit and that was it, end of story.  I sent back that kit registered delivery and then eventually you sent me a wireless kit.  I connected up the wireless kit to find there was a fault on the line.  The telephone would work if plugged direct into the wall but was dead if I put it into the filter.  A BT guy came round, told me that I had simply put the connection in the wrong part of the router - I don't think so.  Rather than stay for 2 minutes and move the connection and just be content to talk to me in a patronising manner, he built a whole new socket in the wall separating out the broadband and telephone connection and bingo it worked.
That was on 25/2/2011 and I had been paying for broadband since a month earlier.  I would like my money back for the month. I would also like you to follow up on the message from [removed] and look at the speeds on my machine.  Watching any video's or i-player is a no no.
Thank you
[Moderator's note by Jim (Oldjim): CSA name removed as per the forum rules.]
4 REPLIES 4
orbrey
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)

Re: FAO Matt Taylor - Compensation

Hi Butti,
I've passed this on to the same agent who picked up your ticket last time, there'll be an update shortly for you.
Butti

Still having a terrible time with it.  How do I leave Plusnet?  I really wish I'd never heard of them.
Tried over 10 times to log on this morning 11.40am and failed.  The speed was up and down like a yo-yo 65Mbps then 1Mbps then 65 then 1, with me sitting there the whole time praying.  Gave up in the end.  Went to ring you, gave up on that 20 minutes later.  Do I pay for ringing while I am waiting to be connected?
Still complete silence on the subject of compensation.
Have come back on and finally managed to connect.  So not happy with Plusnet.  Feel like putting a calander on the wall marking down the days when I can leave.
B
Butti

Sorry have just seen the message about compensation.  What about the yo-yoing speeds?
B
orbrey
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)

Hi Butti,
Your line profile jumped up to 4500 and has been there since the 4th March, are the speeds still fluctuating at all?