cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Extremely rude customer service agent - awful service

Lysen
Grafter

Extremely rude customer service agent - awful service

Been with PlusNet for ~7 months now. Utterly disgraceful customer service. What i say on the phone or write in support tickets is ignored (e.g., the details of my exact issue), and anything they say over the phone or in support tickets is either a false promise ("we'll get back to you in 72 hours" = we'll close the ticket in 7 days without responding to you, or "we'll send an engineer out" = we'll close the ticket in 7 days without sending an engineer out) or an outright lie ("your service is fine, your minimum speed is being met, any dropouts aren't part of your contract").

Today's agent, [CSA Removed] (CSC Analyst), treated both my partner and myself with contempt throughout the phone call. Firstly -- as has happened regularly with PN -- after almost a month of a ticket being opened, with promises to respond within timeframes, yet 0 responses to my messages, this agent decided to run a line test without informing us beforehand, admitting on the phone he knew full well it would disconnect our line. This cost my partner hours of work, as like many of us, she is working from home.

Concluding the test, he phoned up, and with disgraceful demeanor, stated there was no issue with our line, and that there would be a charge for an engineer visit. He continually ignored our reasoning that it is an intermittent fault, and simply spoke over us on numerous occasions -- often raising his voice, and speaking patronisingly -- reiterating that we had to agree to an engineer visit.

I do not appreciate being spoken to in this manner, nor the countless lies spouted by the agent -- such as the fact that using a VPN meant our service would disconnect. What kind of absurd reasoning is this?

He constantly refused to escalate our complaint, as has happened countless times with PN. He eventually hanged up, and closed our support ticket without acknowledging an issue.

This is utterly appalling. Where exactly do i progress my complaint to? Do PN even have a complaints procedure? Because i have raised numerous complaints, and have got absolutely nowhere -- nothing is even acknowledged on PN's end.

Is the next step Ofcom? 

Moderator's note by Dick (Strat): CSA name(s) removed (to an area staff can see) as per Forum rules.

22 REPLIES 22
RichardB
Seasoned Champion
Fixes: 39

Re: Extremely rude customer service agent - awful service

Hi Lysen
The info on how to raise a complaint at:
https://www.plus.net/help/legal/complaints-code-of-practice/
Regards
Richard
adamwalker
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team
Fixes: 221

Hello Lysen, 

I'm so sorry to see this and want to apologise for any distress caused. I've marked a complaint on your account and we'll look into how the call was conducted as it sounds like some feedback and training needs ought to be addressed. 

I've had a look into the issue at hand and it is definitely something we can help with so I've reopened the fault ticket and have sent a response which you can access here: https://www.plus.net/wizard/?p=view_question&id=207828300

If this post resolved your issue please click the 'This fixed my problem' button
 Adam Walker
 Plusnet Help Team
allrounder55
Dabbler

Hello, you just need to leave like i did, this company has deteriorated to the stage, where nothing will get resolved, its obvious there struggling. I myself did receive a phone call from PN and to be fair they even agreed my complaint had not followed the correct procedure, my issues had been ongoing for approx 2 months, so ive now left, im glad i have as now, as i have a better more reliable service, you may end up with a termination fee if you do leave, but luckily mine wasn't much left to pay, i couldn't carry on as i was. as i use the internet for my line of work and on a number of occassions it had disconnected whilst dealing with a customer. Luckily it didn't disconnect whilst carrying out a bank transfer or debit card transfer, but i cannot gamble on an unstable connection. For 12 months my Plusnet fast broadband was fine no real issues its only since covid 19 went mainstream and the public put a lot more demand on the internet it seemed to affect my service i had random disconnects up to as many as 10 times a day unstable connection speeds dropping to as little as 0.23meg not even 1 meg it was that bad it wouldnt even load up certain webpages, i rang support who said they couldnt see an issue with my line, maybe it was the router?  and so it went on and on to the stage id had enough good luck with it anyway cheers.

Lysen
Grafter

Well, after two weeks, an engineer appointment was finally due today, which (as before) never materialised. I can't say i'm particularly surprised, as the last post in this thread demonstrates this isn't an issue for me, as some kind of unlucky customer; this is an issue with PlusNet.

I appreciate the quick responses in this thread, and for responding to my support ticket, but evidently PN has systemic issues. 

At this point, this is a farce. This would have been PN's opportunity to demonstrate some level of customer service, and to resolve the issue. Instead...

MasterOfReality
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Fixes: 57

Hi @Lysen 

I'm so sorry that this has happened.

I've looked into this and provided an update on the same ticket that Adam linked above. 

Please accept my apologies for the time this issue is taking to resolve. 

All the best.

Lysen
Grafter

Another 2 weeks on, and yet again, no response and no resolution. 

Thanks to the forum staff for their help, but once this leaves the forums, it enters the twilight zone and goes nowhere.

Can i ask for a list of available engineer appointment times over the holidays, and details on where things are with our complaint? I'd then like to request an appointment through the forums here, and then ask that we be contacted in the event of the engineer not arriving on the chosen date. 

It's beyond belief that we're still running around in circles this many months on...

MasterOfReality
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Fixes: 57

Hi @Lysen 

Please accept my apologies for the time it has taken to reply and for the issue which you are experiencing. 

I'm afraid that it is not possible to book engineer visits over the Forum, this is due to the account fault ticket not being linked with the Forum thread you have created. 

I have run some further tests on your line and have detected a external fault on the phone line side that more than likely will be the thing causing the issues you are experiencing. there may well still be a broadband related fault as well, however we need to get the WLR3 side of things sorted first as that always takes priority due.

I have raised the fault up with our suppliers who have requested an appointment be made with yourself to resolve this. 

I have updated the open fault ticket on your account and followed this up with an email. Please read the ticket/email reply to me accordingly. 

Kind Regards

Lysen
Grafter

Aaaand we're still at square one, despite assurances this would be handled personally.
PlusNet: we'll take your money and run.
Lysen
Grafter

Oh, ok, another line test not long after posting. Had a feeling that's what caused the sudden, long drop out. At least it wasn't done while in the middle of important work like last time (resulting in massive loss, and wasting hours of work, with the support agent claiming yes he knew it would mess with the line, but no he also knew it wouldn't affect the line, and that despite he knew it simultaneously would and would not cause a disconnect, thay there was no need to let us know before hand).

What exactly is the procedure for handling support tickets? In most formsof CS, 24hrs is the longest delay before at the very least responding to say "yes, we're working on it".
Weeks go by with PN without a peep...
Gandalf
Community Gaffer
Community Gaffer
Fixes: 1,599

Thanks for getting back to us @Lysen I'm really sorry for the delay.

I've booked an engineer visit and updated ticket 208818511 with the appointment details and this is confirmed in the supplier systems. We'll follow things up with you as soon as we can after in the hope that's your broadband's fixed then.

(The drop you've had was as a result of the test I've just ran so I could book the engineer with our suppliers. Apologies again for the long delay in picking up the ticket, I've passed feedback on regarding that)

From 31st October 2022, I no longer have a regular presence here as I’ve moved on to a new role.
Anoush Mortazavi
Plusnet
cOmp
Rising Star

I feel for you Lysen, you can escatale to ofcom but will be required to give Plusnet sufficient time to address your issues. You can ask them to confirm that the issue has come to a deadlock once you have confirmation of deadlock ofcom will take your case up and you maybe able to leave FOC.

Sorry is an expression of regret and in the world it doesn't fix the underlying issues so just pull your socks up and fix the negitive attitude you have towards your customers and accept responsibility.

Have you even got any staff on trustpilot? You are rated 1/5 this sums up how this company had taken a massive nose dive over the years.
Yorkshire and Proud. Embarrassed to be with Plusnet.
Thrall
Seasoned Pro
Fixes: 23

@cOmp Ofcom don’t deal with individual complaints.

Complaints process: https://www.plus.net/help/legal/complaints-code-of-practice/

cOmp
Rising Star

They may don't get involved directly but will advice on what you should expect from an ISP and how to proceed further. The ombudsman will directly deal with the issues but again they will ask that you give the ISP time to resolve the issues. I no longer work in retail/services where we were regulated very heavily which still is, and the standards had to be very high. If I recall from my days in retail/services, 28 days is the limit unless the complainant agrees with the company to extend this can also be extended if their is a 3rd party involved example Openreach etc.

Didn't Plusnet get fined over half a million for bad customer services and inaccurate billing?

You'd think they'd learn from their mistakes.
Yorkshire and Proud. Embarrassed to be with Plusnet.
Lysen
Grafter

And finally, freedom from Plusnet has arrived, though of course not without issue.

Changed supplier the other week. Called today to make sure our time with PN was at an end. 

Utterly rude, aggressive and arrogant customer service agent kept talking over me and condescendingly telling me that we couldn't cancel now, and that we'd have to remain with PN until the 9th (when our new ISP takes over). He specifically said that if we cancelled, our new supplier would cancel our contract, and we would have to re-apply for a new contract with them, causing further delays. And best of all, we would have to pay £60 for an engineer to connect the line.

I said that didn't sound right, as there are plenty of cases when a person with no current provider (new customers, new premises etc.) signs up. He interrupted and said he had 10 years of experience that says otherwise.

What an absolute joke. Aggressive attempts to squeeze a couple more pennies out.

Thankfully, the last agent i spoke to was professional, and due to rude CSA getting the details of the "early cancellation policy" wrong, we were able to escape PN without additional fees.

This forum, and this thread, should serve as a reminder for anyone considering joining PlusNet. I've never experienced such disgusting customer service, from an ISP or from any other business. 

Basic. Training. That's what's lacking.