Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Exchange checker not being updated

jelv
Seasoned Hero
Fixes: 10

Exchange checker not being updated

Just what is the point of leaving the exchange checker online if it is not going to be updated?
The last update was the end of January!
jelv (a.k.a Spoon Whittler)
   Why I have left Plusnet (warning: long post!)   
Broadband: Andrews & Arnold Home::1 (FTTC 80/20)
Line rental: Pulse 8 Home Line Rental (£14.40/month)
Mobile: iD mobile (£4/month)
14 REPLIES 14
Strat
Community Veteran
Fixes: 565

Re: Exchange checker not being updated

The problem is that people use it in good faith and don't necessarily know how to check if it's up to date.
Windows 10 Firefox 109.0 (64-bit)
To argue with someone who has renounced the use of reason is like administering medicine to the dead - Thomas Paine
spraxyt
Resting Legend
Fixes: 75

If you are referring to the WBC status 27/01/2014 is when BT Wholesale provided the last publicly available WBC status information (here).
David
jelv
Seasoned Hero
Fixes: 10

No, we are referring to the 20CN virtual paths.
In any case the WBC Sites_with_capacity_issues on the page you linked was last updated 02/07/14!
jelv (a.k.a Spoon Whittler)
   Why I have left Plusnet (warning: long post!)   
Broadband: Andrews & Arnold Home::1 (FTTC 80/20)
Line rental: Pulse 8 Home Line Rental (£14.40/month)
Mobile: iD mobile (£4/month)
Anotherone
Champion
Fixes: 21

I would NOT like to see the Exchnage checker taken off-line. It does provide a certain amount of other useful information, even if the 20CN status is out of date. That is an issue hoping to be resolved as mentioned here but I don't know how this is progressing.
I can only guess that PN's "new" CEO isn't prepared to upset his "old & current" bosses to get things like this resolved - as I see and hear that the same old problems with BTw & OR are not really improving  Sad
Pettitto
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Fixes: 5

The file type that was used to keep this updated has been changed by our suppliers. Work needs to be carried out for the Exchange Checker to be able to read the new file format.
We've got a number of higher listed priorities at the moment, but I'll flag this up and see where we are with this.
MauriceC
Resting Legend
Fixes: 17

Quote from: Chris
The file type that was used to keep this updated has been changed by our suppliers. Work needs to be carried out for the Exchange Checker to be able to read the new file format.
We've got a number of higher listed priorities at the moment, but I'll flag this up and see where we are with this.

The BIG problem here though is that the Community is aware of a growing number of problems which are "...on the list to be fixed Real Soon..."  but in recent memory not one of them has risen to the top of the hidden "priority list" and been fixed..
Is it possible to list (at least) the Top Five Community reported problems and their time slot position in the overall development process.
Thanks
Maurice.

Superusers are not staff, but they do have a direct line of communication into the business in order to raise issues, concerns and feedback from the community.

TORPC
Grafter

Should that be
"It is possible to list
Moreover
Will PN list the "Top Five Community reported problems and their time slot position ?Huh
It can be done in a simple sticky (for example)
As a prime example some have been reported as of @ least 2 years ago that are yet to be fixed
Appalling to say the least Sad
Anotherone
Champion

Quote from: Chris

Thanks Chris.
Strat
Community Veteran

Maybe one of these for the Community site Undecided
To argue with someone who has renounced the use of reason is like administering medicine to the dead - Thomas Paine
MauriceC
Resting Legend
Fixes: 17

Ah!  But currently (and for some time now) it claims there are No priority problems. Grin

Superusers are not staff, but they do have a direct line of communication into the business in order to raise issues, concerns and feedback from the community.

TORPC
Grafter

Well welll well........
not surprising

Maurice beat me to it Wink

Anotherone
Champion

And I was going to add similar. I thought they stopped using it last year sometime  Crazy
Strat
Community Veteran

It probably just needs updating.
Now where have I heard that before Lips_are_sealed
Anotherone
Champion

"We currently have no open priority problems" = We are too busy trying to get as many extra customers as possible and craftily putting up prices in a subtle (not) way to fall into line with what our parent company and their empire are getting away with because OFCOM allow it!!
You are probably right Dick  Wink