cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Exaggerated Line Speed Estimates

jamesc85

Exaggerated Line Speed Estimates

Not really wanting a reply just thought I would put a warning out there for other people. I was told when I rang to enquire about broadband by a salesman called Clarkson at Plusnet that my speed would be between 6 and 8 mbps, so thinking that was quite reasonable I went ahead and signed up. Well... a month down the line and its barely above 3 mbps. Checked on BT wholesale site and my max is 4 mbps. Surely Plusnet do the same line checks so why was i told it would be over twice what I'm receiving? To sucker me in thats why. Iv complained numerous times but there's obviously nothing they can do to improve it but I feel cheated and don't want to be a customer to a company that would use devious tactics to attract new customers so I asked to cancel my account and was told I would have to pay well over £200 to leave even though they clearly have lied and I have the evidence to prove it. I have lodged a complaint to OFCOM and just hope that other people take more care than I did as I am now stuck with poor speed from a poor company
2 REPLIES 2
AndyH
Grafter

Re: Exaggerated Line Speed Estimates

If your line has a fault which is affecting your speeds, then this will be reflected in the updated estimates.
Can you post your router stats?
MatthewWheeler
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team
Fixes: 480

Re: Exaggerated Line Speed Estimates

I can see we did estimate you between 6 and 8mbps and our checker still reports the same.
Just to confirm have you followed through the steps here https://faults.plus.net ?
If this post resolved your issue please click the 'This fixed my problem' button
 Matthew Wheeler
 Plusnet Help Team